Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I've seen people correct information on Tattle, or just offer alternative and more positive views on many threads, without the posts ever getting removed. The only posts I've seen removed are shit-stirring ones, tbqh. She really gives this site way too much thought.

Reactions: 21

Kinvarra

It’s a deluded kind of privilege (is it?) to take the position that anyone who disagrees with you or is critical of your output, is a dribbling spittle spraying troll.

There must be no appraisal in the creative world.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Also I thought Sali always asked herself: what would Madonna do? (Or was it Liz Taylor?) Could you imagine either of those asking a friend to sign up to a niche gossip site to set the record straight on how posh they were or weren't growing up 😅
Both of those women would quite rightly 100% say 'pfft who cares fuck em'. And accept it is part and parcel of having a public profile.
Sali calls what is said here lies. It isn't. It is idle speculation and gossip on what she says. Why tf would you care for one second if somebody said you wear glasses but you don't actually need them? Wouldn't you just find it a bit silly and quite harmless? Ditto being posh but she isn't really. She has thousands of people gushing over everything she does but focuses on the most minute fly in the ointment (with her officially bad eyesight).

ETA and since Sali is so keen on freedom of speech here on Tattle how long would a poster last on her group saying 'well I'm on Tattle and like it'?
Different forums have different rules. She banned people for saying they thought Caitlin Moran was a pisspoor writer - 'she's my friend'. Very democratic.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I don’t think it’s gone how she planned.
What the fuck is she on about? We are saying she is secretly blonde whilst she is saying she is grey? Nobody here has said that. She looks blonde by mistake but the intention was to go grey we all know that.
And who cares? Why does she care what we think? Why?
In the rants about the pointless lies here she never touches on what we mainly query her about ie lack of clarity on tweakments, lack of clarity over free products, lack of clarity as to why she pushes certain things in The Guardian, the wooliness around #notanad.

This hair thing has wound her up terribly. It is utterly bizarre and totally out of proportion but she is HAPPY right?

• Sad

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I’m ok and my life is ok, I would not swap with Sali even for a second. And that is a hill I would die on.

• Haha

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
I've not looked at Mumsnet for years but couldn't resisit a quick peep, one poster said:

I love her hair. I think the process was explained beautifully and the upkeep issues were acknowledged. And, as someone with the same allergy issue, I was really intrigued to read and watch this. Also, she is not an influencer, she is a journalist with a portfolio going back decades.

🤣

• Haha
  • Sick

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Okay so might get blocked from GTL and following on IG. I am the Autistic woman who posted in her group. Most of us state exactly what we see and can't avoid being unfiltered. We literally learn to lie by interacting with neurotypicals who often bullshit. We lack that skill and therefore often say what we think and as an earlier poster mentioned we are often worth listening to as our thoughts are simply honest not rude (while to neurotypicals it comes across as exactly that - rude ) My thoughts after the interaction were there are millions of autistic women and men most of us are blunt, direct etc most of us love social media as it is easier than interacting face to face. Sali didn't know I was autistic but surely everyone not just influencers needs to learn to accept those that are different from themselves. I didn't even mean brassy blonde in a rude way. I actually think it looks nice but from the photo isn't grey. Sali - if you are reading - you can't always get nice comments believe me anyone who is autistic knows this, no environment works like that and if all you want is praise then get off social media - it is a tough environment to hang out in - also educate yourself on neurodiversity it is very common.
Welcome!
Nobody here thought your comment was remotely rude. Sali didn't have to reply. Her hair is obviously a touchy subject at the moment.
By the way if you are banned from GTL please have a good look around the different threads on Tattle for interesting topics (as well as this one obviously).
There are skincare and makeup ones too.
It is not all the poisonous nest of vipers Sali would have people believe but on the whole very supportive and friendly.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I had a look at the Mumsnet thread. Actual LOL at the comment below in bold. Sali's thread is probably the tamest of all the influencer threads that I've seen. An extraordinary level of vitriol, please! As for the theory that everyone dislikes Sali because she's 'so pretty and has a nice life', is Sali the only public figure who is pretty and has a nice life? Why don't we dislike, say, Lisa Eldridge? LE has the most enviable career imaginable and seems to have a fabulous life. So infantilising to suggest that it's down to jealousy of Sali

"I'm not a fan of influencers and I don't follow any. Give me old fashioned, hard grafting salesmen and women any day. But SH seems to attract an extraordinary level of vitriol and I have no idea why."
Oh it’s written in mumsnet
“I’m not a fan of influencers and I don’t follow any” = I have no knowledge or interest in this, however my view the right one.
“Extraordinary level of vitriol” = criticism
“I have no idea why” = I have assessed the reasons given, and decided I don’t agree.

I think Sali would fit in well over there

• Haha

MrsBubz

My fave bit of the Vogue article:
“I will not, as some people assure me, “need to wear more make-up to not look ill”, because this assumption is prejudicial and ignorant.”
PREJUDICIAL.

• Haha

The Dowager

Chatty Member
Did you know that people who set up Facebook groups are deemed to be joint data processors with Facebook, and therefore jointly responsible and liable under GDPR? 👀

Sali, did you know that?

ETA: Sali has every right to block people on her social media, and should do so if that helps her. She does not however have the right to use personal data provided for business means, whether that be on Facebook, on her website, and so on, for anything other than the originally stated purpose. The one excpetion to that is if Sali has an obligation in law to use that data differently, which evidently she does not.

• Haha

Baroo11

Okay so might get blocked from GTL and following on IG. I am the Autistic woman who posted in her group. Most of us state exactly what we see and can't avoid being unfiltered. We literally learn to lie by interacting with neurotypicals who often bullshit. We lack that skill and therefore often say what we think and as an earlier poster mentioned we are often worth listening to as our thoughts are simply honest not rude (while to neurotypicals it comes across as exactly that - rude ) My thoughts after the interaction were there are millions of autistic women and men most of us are blunt, direct etc most of us love social media as it is easier than interacting face to face. Sali didn't know I was autistic but surely everyone not just influencers needs to learn to accept those that are different from themselves. I didn't even mean brassy blonde in a rude way. I actually think it looks nice but from the photo isn't grey. Sali - if you are reading - you can't always get nice comments believe me anyone who is autistic knows this, no environment works like that and if all you want is praise then get off social media - it is a tough environment to hang out in - also educate yourself on neurodiversity it is very common.
I nearly messaged you to say she was out of line and you DO NOT have to apologise for how you communicate! And definitely to a woman with a strong record of bullying!

• Heart

Annasho

Great point, and easy to find loads of examples of this in the wild
I don't enjoy celebrity and I'm very aware of the desperation that surrounds it. It's an odd lifestyle to pursue.

We're all just people. Some of us are good at our jobs, hugely talented, massively skilled, beautiful, intelligent, charismatic, funny, but we don't all need or get a round of applause! We don't all need to document our every move, every makeup application, every 'witty' interaction with our friends. As normal folk, we just get on with our lives. It's all fine.

I increasingly find myself questioning the motives and mentality of people that do need to feel that they're special and different and the people who enable it. What do they get out of it?

• Heart