Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
Hiring a PI? That sounds pretty creepy…

now I’m mentally going thru extreme situations in my mind that I would consider hiring a PI… can’t think of any that wouldn’t mess up any relationship

Reactions: 2

melfish

VIP Member
I don't know much about hair colouring. Do you only have to lift the length once, then just tone it over and over?

dunhill

It can take more than 12 months for your body to recover from the surgery too. I've been anxious since I was a foetus, so I don't expect that to be fixed by HRT. I need to start using my testosterone again. It does make me a bit ragey though 😆
Me too re. anxiety! I found mine got worse and HRT has helped it enormously. Testosterone was the magic bullet for me, ditto progesterone. I find oestrogen tricky so take the smallest amount possible.

Hope everything starts coming together for you 🤗

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I agree that is a nice picture, I also think a filter has been used or she’s sat in front of an actual stage light.

Hereforthefacts

Chatty Member
I don't think so. 1) I don't think it looks like it - would have more volume, especially on top 2) I don't think the colourist would have wanted to do such an extensive bleach job working around extensions* 3) I think she would have said if extensions were part of the picture - as @Disillusioned says, she's been open about having extensions in the past and she always seems to credit those who tend to her hair/nails/eyebrows.

*Would she have had extensions put in after the colour? I can't imagine that after 7 or whatever hours on the colour she'd have elected to spend another few hours having extensions.
I think this is a possibility. New extensions would normally go in after a colour so they can match up. She may have have extensions applied afterwards, and actually paid which would explain non disclosure. And she may not have necessarily had her hair dyed the day she shared the video - could have been a week later.

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
First of all welcome. Secondly as someone whose hair has been steadily falling out for about 4 years and who is now seeing her wiggy future, I found it hilarious. And it seems that hair, even when we have it, brings so much drama into our lives.

What does it do for you?
I know you didn't ask for advice but in case this is of interest to you: Dr Natalia Spierings (the one who was fighting with Hirons), has just done a YouTube video about Minoxidil for women. She explains that it works for some not others and that taking aspirin blocks it.

melfish

VIP Member
My most recent (you know I buy loads of testers and I only love about 1 in 20) scent that has bowled me over is 1978 Le Bains Douches. It's kind of bitter, botanical and boozy. Not a gin and tonic - richer, like whisky but not straight up. There's wood and piney stuff. I've just checked and It's another Bertrand Douchafour - which is mad. I only bought three scents on holiday with me and one is En Passant (which isn't him) and the third is Miller Harris Sublime Blossom which is him but is NOTHING LIKE Bains Douches, it's just a lovely floral, but it's another that is 100% my kind of smell - the kind that I want to smell again and again.
That sounds lovely. I'm going to get a sample. I'm a sample addict too. My more recent discovery set was Sana Jardin. A few I like from there, though they are a bit heavy on the vanilla for my liking. Any other woody, earthy scents you'd recommend?

mindlessness

VIP Member
Ughhh I don't really wear lipstick, but I just had a look and I want a LE one! How long do I have to wait?

I'm a blusher fan so I'm very interested in those being restocked. Are they lovely?
The blushes are a new release, so no reviews yet! They will be out by the time there's an autumn restock though. I'm also keen to get one when they restock!

crossword

Can I ask a question/get some advice? My hair is very like Sali's, dark and very fine. In lockdown 1 I got tot to fully see how grey I was going and started to put a lighter colour on, chestnutty to try and soften the colour. I was also contemplating doing what Sali has done, but am glad I didn't!!! What is everyone else doing to about this greying situation?
I‘m moving my parting every few weeks and waiting for inspiration / trying to get used to it. I have my mum as a living warning to what happens when you dye your greying hair brown - the maintenance is insane.
Has the lighter colour worked for you? It’s something I’m considering for my next hairdresser appointment.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Yeah but that would require me attempting the herculean task of booking a gp appointment.
Usual caveats apply, I’m no dr however I buy 25mg daily vit D. £2.50 at Lidl for about 60 or 90 I& you wanted to add some to your daily regime.

Mazerati

Chatty Member
I'm still trying to figure out the cause of my hair loss, fatigue, and aching joints/muscles. My iron came back normal (after being seriously anemic last year), but my ferritin was still low, so I'm trying heme iron supplements. They ruled out autoimmune and celiac
Ah yeah the ferritin is probs the cause then. Did you get thyroid checked too?

Aude

VIP Member
Do you not find it a bit hard to spread? It's sort of like peanut butter on fresh bread on my face
It seems a bit thick out of the tube but it covers easily and dries down (term I've learnt from Angie) within seconds to - for me - a perfect skin-like finish, just a bit more even than my skin. If I'm out in sunny weather and want to reapply spf, I find I can pat on a bit more without disturbing the finish.

I think it's not recommended for dry skin.