Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
What is this GTL group?! I’m so curious now!!
It's her facebook group called Sali Hughes Get The Look. The Facebook group was active years ago but was abandoned when she set up a forum in her own name. That didn't really turn out as well as hoped so the Facebook group was reactivated

Reactions: 3

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
zelens youth glow foundation is great. Does not settle in wrinkles, does not make pores seem more obvious. You don’t need powder over it either - it’s really really nice.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
In one foundation Oslo is white - Barcelona is beige - Aruba is bronze and Zambie is the darkest colour. And all places in between.
Is that racist? Genuine question.
I always thought that Groenland and Finland and the pale shades were called that because of the cold climates. And the warmer climates were darker/ warmer colours

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
I
I love Suqqu , I have to make my skin dewy to the point of damp to work it in but the result is lovely.

There’s no better foundation for me than Parure Gold , it’s sublime.
Oohh...tell me more about it. Would it work on dry skin?
(Also, warming up skin via foundation...I thought this was a no-no?)

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Eek, that is actually my comment! But her 'original' hair does look like a wig. It's too solid a colour and heavy (which is remarkable given how fine her hair is)

Like Sali (I've managed to spell her name correctly this time), I'm 30% grey and have used lockdown to embrace my grey. However, despite going to the hairdressers to speed things along, my colourist refused to dye my roots which is the exact opposite to what Sali has had done. And I agree with many that her hair is a light ashy blonde for the most part. The thing that is most apparent is that it just not a very good dye job. Luckily for Sali, she did not have to pay for it. I know if my colourist had done that to me, I'd have demanded my money back, had someone else to adjust the colour and started looking for a new colourist.

As I am new to this thread, I just want to say I have never been a fan of Sali, I have always found her disingenuous in the same way as Caroline Hirons. And having fallen for CH's schill, I saw through Sali pretty quickly. Also, and most pertinently, I just don't think Sali is a good writer or journalist, so mostly avoid her and her 'work' until yesterday on Mumsnet.
First of all welcome. Secondly as someone whose hair has been steadily falling out for about 4 years and who is now seeing her wiggy future, I found it hilarious. And it seems that hair, even when we have it, brings so much drama into our lives.

It’s a really good one - I use it maybe twice a week max in the evening and I wake up with the face of a 25 year old :)
What does it do for you?

clondon

I'm mainly grey at the front, a little bit, and otherwise a brunette. For the moment I'm keeping it as it is. I played around with putting light highlights in so the grey would show us much when it grows back but decided against it. Expect I will get highlights in the end. Aveda Shampoo and Conditioner are good for fine hair (mine is too).

melfish

VIP Member
ok that's good. I'm glad that my GP is very open to suggestions. He ordered the blood test immediately and added things I suggested to the list of tests. Then again I pay for every test so he does not have to keep within a strict budget. Does your gyn say why she is reluctant to order tests? I mean they're fairly straightforward and don't cost that much in comparison...
It's not the doctor so much as the insurance companies. They run the show here

• Sad
  • Angry

Vanelope

VIP Member
Jack Monroe didn't actuy get banned, we asked her to stop posting as she was being disruptive
Thanks, yep that's pretty much the case. People aren't banned for correcting stuff they'd be banned for the "you're all sad scum of the earth loosers" that they start their post off with. People that are the dictionary definition of trolling (posting to disrupt a community) are banned. But Sali never lets the truth get in the way.

I do love how one single post (selling her children) that was clearly a joke she's still feasting on and misrepresenting 😆
my mistake, apologies.

melfish

VIP Member
Yeah, I am on HRT. But if everything else checks out, I guess this might be just my new normal