Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I was matched as Groenland by a professional make up artist and I have olive skin and have never been described as any kind of pale.
Honestly, she often looks like she’s smeared herself in marmite. Also, it’s not really sheer coverage, so her claim that this is why she’s gone the Oompa Loompa route (again) is bollocks.

Reactions: 5

Vanelope

VIP Member
Mary Greenwell did Sali’s makeup (gifted obvs).

Mary Greenwell has done at least two tutorials for Lisa’s channel.

Maybe Lisa doesn’t work for free

Eta just meaning that they are all connected and know each other. Both are fabulous make up artists.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Years ago I dyed my hair supposedly a dark brown and it picked up red tones. My boyfriend at the time mentioned that it looked red. Is that really any different to saying a colour looks brassy? To be factual about it brassy is a colour or tone in relation to hair.

Don’t want to de-rail the Sali chat, but did anyone get anything from Lisa’s new collection?

I went with the intention of buying a lipstick and a blusher and ended up with 2 x lipsticks, 2 x blushers and a lip gloss ………

I logged on right away when the site opened and ordered a Pink Poetry blush plus a couple Lucent lipsticks (Painterly for me, Spirited Away for my best friend living thousands of miles away who was diagnosed with breast cancer recently and perhaps could do with a “cheering” little gift). I was tempted to buy a highlighter, even though I have never used highlighter in my life—I don’t aspire to look like a disco ball—purely on the basis of LE’s video, in which her soothing voice, expert application, and gorgeous models *almost* convinced me.

The Velvet lipstick shades I wanted were all sold out within 15 minutes, but LE’s ‘gram Stories has forecast an autumn restock.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Nothing but that article comes up when I search her name along with H&S

Some ambassador
In a quite hidden away article. I presume not put on her IG or Twitter.
More fool Head and Shoulders. She has done the bare minimum to honour the contract.

• Wow

melfish

VIP Member
It's that whole Jeanne Damas/Caroline de Maigret thing. I am a bit of a sucker for it too

Apples87

They’re Stan Smiths 🧐
The other “I’m a cool mum” shoe. I had a right nightmare last time I needed trainers, didn’t want a giant, ugly gen z trainer but don’t want the yummy mummy, cool fashion girl Stan smith either.

I hate my arms so I’m a “summer”Breton-er. I do know I am being a twat though.
No shade, you would wear them at other times too though right? You don’t save them until the weather warms up and then declare it Breton season do you?

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
I have two LE velvet lipsticks. One suits me (velvet myth) and one doesn’t (can’t remember). I don’t need any more blushers but the pink one looked very nice.

mindlessness

VIP Member
My most recent (you know I buy loads of testers and I only love about 1 in 20) scent that has bowled me over is 1978 Le Bains Douches. It's kind of bitter, botanical and boozy. Not a gin and tonic - richer, like whisky but not straight up. There's wood and piney stuff. I've just checked and It's another Bertrand Douchafour - which is mad. I only bought three scents on holiday with me and one is En Passant (which isn't him) and the third is Miller Harris Sublime Blossom which is him but is NOTHING LIKE Bains Douches, it's just a lovely floral, but it's another that is 100% my kind of smell - the kind that I want to smell again and again.
That's pretty cool! It sounds to me like you've found your perfumer. We'll need further reviews on any other scents he has created now :LOL:

summer for me is Eau Dynamisante (original red one) I like it’s freshness.
I love that one! A favourite of my Mum when I was a kid so whenever I smell it now it makes me smile.

Also, a weird thing I have discovered after looking up that Australian Gold Sunscreen reccomended by @Aude is that they don't sell their products in Australia. It's like Aussie haircare - uses Australian branding/botanicals but not for sale here. Weird world.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha

Mazerati

Chatty Member
It was a fairly common phrase in my youth. Where something happens and you 'style it out' as if you meant for it to happen. If you say the wrong thing or make a joke and it falls flat so you then add to it to try and make it work. Wish I could come up with some actual examples.

A fellow slug 🥰 A good cry would be great, but I can't even summon that at the moment
Mine caught me by surprise. Saw something on YouTube and it set me off. But maybe try a good 90s film.

• Heart

melfish

VIP Member
Especially the people saying it looks brassy to them. Colour perception is subjective anyhow, then add individual screen variations on top. It's bonkers to get so affronted by something so harmless