Sali Hughes #31 Here's 3 moisturisers, now piss off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You'd think they'd get their own press release straight :rolleyes:

New thread time, and my vote goes to "Here's one moisturiser, now piss off", by @zcfthc5

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I was features writer for a very long time. And then as I got older and quite well known I was mainly writing columns. That’s still probably 70 percent of my output today. Then one day I was on Twitter and completely innocently said, “The beauty page in the Guardian is a scandal.”

[Laughs].

And I was a writer on the Guardian! A girlfriend of mine who’s a columnist on The Times replied, “Oh my God, yes it’s so, so bad.” And then quite a few female celebrities replied, “That page is so terrible.” Anyway there was a bit of a storm about it on Twitter and I got an email from the editor of the supplement the next day saying, “Do you think you could do better?” And I said, “Yes I do.” So I went in and she said, “What’s wrong with it?” And I said, “If you know nothing about beauty it teaches you nothing. And if you do know about beauty it’s kind of laughing at you.” And she said, “How do you think it should be?” And I said, “I think you should credit your readers with intelligence, and it’s perfectly fine for women to be clever and love lipstick. Nobody else writes beauty like this. It’s about time someone did.”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I loved it in the 90s. It seemed so exotic at the time but it has no charm now and hasn't for years.
I did, too. Japanese washing grains, banana hair putty and vanila perfume oil were fab. Or so my teenage self thought.
Haven't been for ages either, the shops are always empty.

Reactions: 8
In other news, Our Lady of the Shill has only gone and found the fountain of everlasting youth! Remember all those (acid-etched) lines under her eyes? She’s back to teen skin!! Share the secret, Sal!

6BFF26B6-12DB-40CC-8DDF-17CF223DBC95.jpeg

And it’s not hyaluronic acid, that’s for sure.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
In other news, our Lady of the Shill has only gone and found the fountain of everlasting youth! Remember all those (acid-etched) lines under her eyes? She’s back to teen skin!! Share the secret, Sal!

View attachment 555116

And it’s not hyaluronic acid, that’s for sure.
I saw this, and thought the same. Filtered to duck. Also, HA? Hold the front page!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It should be illegal. Pretty sure they made laws about mascara adverts using false lashes and shampoo with hair extensions and stuff.

Reactions: 15
She has the rosy complexion of a child in that video. It's lies

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I remember watching a video of hers and I love how she pronounced Biologique Recherche correctly! She is gorgeous

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I love Dr Shereene. Brainy, beautiful and funny. Dr Shereene doesn’t love topical HA.
Compare her to Sali's awkward presentation. It's night and day

I've stopped using all products with HA, and my dryness issues have subsided. I thought it was the tret but it was all the sneaky HA. I've binned all the HA-based serums

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I really liked that video, thanks for sharing @NotDumbNotBlonde .

Once I’ve stopped being horrified that I think she’s around 5 years older than me but looks 10 years younger than me, I’ll watch her other videos. She’s influenced me to drink a glass of water, so she’s off to a strong start(y)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I really liked that video, thanks for sharing @NotDumbNotBlonde .

Once I’ve stopped being horrified that I think she’s around 5 years older than me but looks 10 years younger than me, I’ll watch her other videos. She’s influenced me to drink a glass of water, so she’s off to a strong start(y)
she gets medical grade laser and all the aesthetic toys on the regular, it’s a bonus for her but it’s not a downer on you 😘

• Heart
  • Wow
How old is she?
She started uni in 2001 and it was a combined BA/MD rather than med school after a normal degree, so I figured at the youngest she turned 19 in the 2001/02 academic year. Or, to get to your point quicker, I think she's about 38/39.

Reactions: 5
I've stopped using all products with HA, and my dryness issues have subsided. I thought it was the tret but it was all the sneaky HA. I've binned all the HA-based serums
I'm trying to do this but it's so hard to avoid HA these days! It's in EVERYTHING. I'm making do with things where it's low down on the ingredients list, but chucked everything where it's a main ingredient.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.