Sali Hughes #31 Here's 3 moisturisers, now piss off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's just parodying herself now

The big, fat pot of rich, decadent, melty green cream was hugely expensive at close to a fiver, but just about affordable when one sought urgently to demonstrate love and restore cheer.
I had to read that several times and I’m still not sure what she’s trying to say 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The Body Shop prices have shot up. When I was at school in the 80s, The Body Shop was a teenage treat. I can't imagine my teenage daughter spending £18 on their body butter now.

Reactions: 15
The Body Shop prices have shot up. When I was at school in the 80s, The Body Shop was a teenage treat. I can't imagine my teenage daughter spending £18 on their body butter now.
I'm not sure who The Body Shop are appealing to these days. As you say it is so expensive now. So far away from its origins.
And that column. One product?
Ridiculous.

Reactions: 10
It sure reads likes like a paid partnership to me! The whole piece is about one product! Where are the other two?

Reactions: 15
Putting it out there, I’ve always hated the body butters. Tried several times over the years, never been able to get on with them. The cocoa butter one was the best of a bad bunch.

Reactions: 11
Hard agree on the Body Shop butters. The scent is incredibly cloying and they are not particularly moisturising, you're better off with something like Neutrogena's range. And that is a legal fact.

Reactions: 14
Hard agree on the Body Shop butters. The scent is incredibly cloying and they are not particularly moisturising, you're better off with something like Neutrogena's range. And that is a legal fact.
Sali recommended a Neutrogena moisturiser that did in fact save my dry itchy skin. She said something along the lines of ‘it’s the best at any price point’ and I hard agree! And it’s less than a third of the price of the body shop for double the quantity, and that’s without a special offer!

Reactions: 7
She's just taking the pee now isn't she. It reads as though she wrote it sniggering and wondering how far she could push it.

Unimpeachable ethics? The Body Shop is an MLM company
And aren’t they owned by L’Oréal now? (I’ve not read the article so sorry if it’s been mentioned - I can’t face it)

And Sali is their latest sign up.
Do you think she’s going to have a party round hers with all the neighbours? Get a big tray of chilli pickle samosas and pakora and try to flog them some Ananya spritz and kiwi lip balm? Dan will be in the other room tweeting about how shrill they all are and how many bottles of Prosecco will be in the recycling the next day...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Flashback to those bath pearl things! I thought they were reet classy in the 90s and saved up my pocket money to get them 😂

when one sought urgently to demonstrate love and restore cheer.
Yes, this is how people speak. I woke up this morning and sought urgently to demonstrate love to my husband, I won't tell you how I did it but I really should have realised he would have been happier with a pot of body butter.

ETA "the Instagram-venerated pear is so marketable to millennials" excuse me while I cringe myself inside out.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.