Sali Hughes #31 Here's 3 moisturisers, now piss off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, this is how people speak. I woke up this morning and sought urgently to demonstrate love to my husband, I won't tell you how I did it but I really should have realised he would have been happier with a pot of body butter.

ETA "the Instagram-venerated pear is so marketable to millennials" excuse me while I cringe myself inside out.
Not only cringeworthy but inaccurate and woefully dated. Avocado is not a pear (it's a berry, technically) I don't think anyone's said avocado pear since the 1970s. When half an avocado with vinaigrette where the stone used to be was considered a sophisticated starter (I'm sure i read some comment to that effect recently).

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Please can this be the next thread title, I am deceased
Yes! It has to be. I love it following on after this thread title. Shows wonderfully Sali's continual dwindling interest in her own column.
One product - of no particular interest to anyone, is baffling. At least she didn't insult anyone's intelligence by saying she'd had loads of DMs asking about it 🥴
Why do her IG thingies get so many products she always barely has time (though the waffling can't help) but The Guardian gets one?

Reactions: 18
Hi all, just came here to say:

“Restore cheer”?

duck OFF!!!!

ETA:
The charity donation is 10p from £18?

duck OFF!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
According to her piece (of tripe) they’re owned by a Brazilian company called Natura now, @Eurgh.
(much to the delight of employees, I hear)

:rolleyes: Where did she hear that? Did she speak to their union rep? Or did the company's PR just happen to mention this when they sent her their new brochures? Which she proceeded to copy/paste and got the second half of the column.

Which reminds me - Happy International Workers' Day!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Dan will be in the other room tweeting about how shrill they all are and how many bottles of Prosecco will be in the recycling the next day...
He might even playfully suggest murdering them

Yes, this is how people speak. I woke up this morning and sought urgently to demonstrate love to my husband, I won't tell you how I did it but I really should have realised he would have been happier with a pot of body butter.

ETA "the Instagram-venerated pear is so marketable to millennials" excuse me while I cringe myself inside out.
It's absurdly archaic and weirdly "upper class", isn't it? Really jarring to read. Like it was lifted from a 19th century parlour. The subs, if there still are any, must have a right giggle over her copy each week

• Sick
Reactions: 15
He might even playfully suggest murdering them

It's absurdly archaic and weirdly "upper class", isn't it? Really jarring to read. Like it was lifted from a 19th century parlour. The subs, if there still are any, must have a right giggle over her copy each week
Positively Rees-Moggesque.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
And what she called a “hugely expensive” £5 in the early 90s has gone up by way more than inflation to now be £18. So now it must surely be massively overpriced?
£5 in the early 90s was hugely expensive if you were a child

Otherwise, nope

By contrast, £18 for anything from the Body Shop now seems too high to me, since it's mostly garbage and there are infinitely superior alternatives at the same price point

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
The avocado body butter wasn't part of the early 90s body butter anyway, looks like it was the later 90s/ 00s line up. How many other beauty memories are made up?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
The avocado body butter wasn't part of the early 90s body butter anyway, looks like it was the later 90s/ 00s line up. How many other beauty memories are made up?
Wait, the first-ever body butter (mango) was launched in 1992, but I am reading the avocado one is a completely new release ... :oops:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
If she doesn't actually remember the silver jubilee, it will break my heart.

At least she went with "Julia", not "Becky". She'd never be friends with a "Becky".

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Wait, the first-ever body butter (mango) was launched in 1992, but I am reading the avocado one is a completely new release ... :oops:
Yeah the release does say that but it definitely did exist as there's reviews on makeup alley. The tub on google images is the same one that the shea butter was in, I had that in the early 00s. It was definitely more than a fiver then also. I remember it being close to £12 (we had pounds at the time)

#deepresearch
#nerd

Reactions: 7
The only things I liked from the Body Shop were a couple of their perfume oils (NOT Dewberry) and a lipliner

Reactions: 3
I loved it in the 90s. It seemed so exotic at the time but it has no charm now and hasn't for years.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.