Sali Hughes #31 Here's 3 moisturisers, now piss off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello and welcome to another edition of snippy, snide Sali, featuring everyone's favourite journalist influencer, Sali Hughes.

Congratulations to @WinterSolstice for the thread title, and @Disillusioned for suggesting it, with a minor amendment as we can only say duck off here and not in the thread title. duck off indeed!

Wiki is here, hopefully Well wikihow about that @Aude has done a sterling job, maybe Saint Sali the Sustainable could learn a thing or two.

Thread recap from #30:

- Hyped up the 'sold out' Becca undereye brightener, included it in her Cult Beauty Box, and then lo and behold it wasn't sold out after all
- The accounts for her Pretty Honest company were made publicly available at Companies House. Shilling appears to be quite profitable.
- She continues to write drivel and be enormously rude and snippy to anyone who asks her a question
- Thread users continue to demonstrate more knowledge of make-up and beauty than Sali has ever possessed, our generous in their time and efforts to help others, and are as funny as Sali is rude
- Also, she posted a collection of screenshots from people thanking her for their CB box, saying that it had 'made her month'. Of course it did, it was her payday and these idiots were thanking her for allowing her to give her their money*. It was so ridiculous I will be spoofing it on April 28th, and am already cringing at the horror of it.

Oh, and she is also still the teeniest weeniest woman to ever have lived, even though she eats carbs.

Please feel free to add to the recap!

*This sentence may not make sense, I'm on the red wine 💁‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Did she really say “they said I was piss” or was that made up by you funny lot?

Have you noticed she doesn’t take selfies in her bedroom wardrobe mirror anymore? There’s no way she’s not reading our posts!

Hi Sali! *waves*

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It was niggling at me as to who she reminded me of when she had the glasses on...

sa.png

And then it clicked. Roz from Monsters Inc

Profile_-_Roz.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
For those who live in Ireland SH has written for a publication other than The Guardian.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
For those who live in Ireland SH has written for a publication other than The Guardian.
Wisdoms of a beauty writer? :unsure:
- listen to the sea
- feel free to tear your stratum corneum, first with a flannel, then an acid, and finally pummel what's left with a foundation brush
- if you dilute botox, it's more sustainable
- people will buy pretty much anything
- see column.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
COMPLETELY (ISH) off topic, but does anyone know where pineapple queen went?

I decided to start reading the SH threads from the very beginning a couple of days ago and remembered them. I didn’t get past thread #2 but will carry on at some point.

Reactions: 7
AC1461B9-FB75-4335-B81C-F197C83559B6.png

Sorry, difficultly posting an image, as usual so apologies for double photo 🙄. These are glasses chains I would wear.
Also on the Garnier Ultimate Blends, the hair oil is something that I always have to have - just great for my hair. And I like the shampoo too, have Aveda and the scent so lovely and stays but not so good as Garnier as a shampoo imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
On a différent note, i recently had a private conversation with a Tattler (who shall remain nameless) about nose jobs. As we can no longer PM, I’m going to post some info here.

Basically, to the Tattler in question, this is one way in which having filler instead of surgery might be a good idea. Look at how much smaller the nose looks afterwards. Something to think about instead of surgery as the thing you would like to have done might not give you the result you’re hoping for.

Obvs consultations are a must, but surgery is no longer the only option these days (as long as you go to a professional doc!) I took out the name of the clinic because I don’t want it to appear like I am shilling.

C146B7AB-BC62-4936-B329-8B67D4CD3EBE.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Ot if you've lost your message icon and could send PM's before you still can here https://tattle.life/conversations/ request in the don't @ me thread if it's gone and you have posted 500 times and it can be added back

Reactions: 2
Great thread title. 👏 I haven't been on this thread for a while, but I see Sali is still just as snippy! :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Interview with SH, which I'm unable to read in full as not a subscriber. Not sure if this in addition to a piece on her 20 years of wisdom or this is the wisdom and she hasn't written for somewhere other than the Guardian after all.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
You need to be strong of character to get through being trolled! Love how she slips in some self praise alongside her tale of woe

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.