Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I quite liked that openness - itā€™s what allowed for so many to become friends. I think the problem was the cliques - Sali with her ā€œShedā€ guys and the clique of people she favoured. Anyone who agreed with her viewpoint was ok, and those who had dissenting views (no matter how well founded) were demonised and quashed very quickly.

Here - people do dissent but differing viewpoints are heard and respected (at least on the Sali threads) and bigotry is shown the door very quickly. There, apologism for racism and homophobia was rife.

The problem, to be quite honest, was Sali herself and the mean girls culture she encouraged and actively perpetuated. That was what led to the mass departure of members a few years ago on the forum.

Serves her right.
Yes the cliqueness was off-putting. The group had a lot of plus points with a lot of nice funny people.
The problem was always when Sali and her friends had their bantz, calling each other by their surnames and going through their 'routines' and stock phrases *bangs gavel*. It was so performative with everyone else as their audience.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Yes the cliqueness was off-putting. The group had a lot of plus points with a lot of nice funny people.
The problem was always when Sali and her friends had their bantz, calling each other by their surnames and going through their 'routines' and stock phrases *bangs gavel*. It was so performative with everyone else as their audience.
Thatā€™s a very good way of summing it up. Also, so much conspicuous consumption! Since I stopped looking at that website/the Facebook page, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve even thought about buying a new blusher. I have a pinkish one and a peachy one, what else could I need? I remember people on there had SCORES of them

Reactions: 13
They had blusher wardrobes, a blusher for every different lipstick.
I know! I felt nauseated just looking at the photos! The most you could possibly need in terms of blusher was probably a berry one, a pink one and a neutral one. And maybe a handful of lipsticks. But really, how many red lipsticks does one person need?

Reactions: 5
I know! I felt nauseated just looking at the photos! The most you could possibly need in terms of blusher was probably a berry one, a pink one and a neutral one. And maybe a handful of lipsticks. But really, how many red lipsticks does one person need?
If we all just had what we need the cosmetics companies would not make much of a profit. Stuff like that is exactly why they pay Sali and other influencers. They're setting the 'standard' we're supposed to want to live up to. Look at the freaks in Hirons' FB group and their ridiculous stashes.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Speaking of under eyes I noticed her eyes looked a bit crepey too. I think itā€™s just ageing and agree the smooth texture everywhere else doesnā€™t help. Also any make up under the eye is a sure fire way to crepey ness - Iā€™ve all but given up with it at the moment. I actually look better with less make up on, which Iā€™m gutted about because I love make up and painting my face.

Oh yes! Remember when some one would *run in* and make a PSA and then *run out* again?

šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Speaking of under eyes I noticed her eyes looked a bit crepey too. I think itā€™s just ageing and agree the smooth texture everywhere else doesnā€™t help. Also any make up under the eye is a sure fire way to crepey ness - Iā€™ve all but given up with it at the moment. I actually look better with less make up on, which Iā€™m gutted about because I love make up and painting my face.
For Sali I do think itā€™s all the exfoliation she has going on. Acids as well as tret? Thatā€™s a lot for such a delicate area! She also doesnā€™t use a dedicated eye cream. Sheā€™s not helping herself!

• Heart
Salisplaining: "See thread"

ETA alternative definition: This type of extremely passive aggressive directing to captions. The repressed rage is palpable.
Sheā€™s so bloody rude. You canā€™t even read the captions! Sali hasnā€™t grasped that she needs to place them higher up so theyā€™re no obscured by the comments at the bottom of the screen. But despite it being her fault, sheā€™s still arrogant enough to have a go at people.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
šŸ¤” since Saliā€™s skin care advice can be, well, a bit suss*, I hope her contraceptive advice is only followed by those who are open to the idea of expanding their family.

*reminds me I havenā€™t read the Caroline Hirons thread in ages, laters! šŸ˜˜

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
If we all just had what we need the cosmetics companies would not make much of a profit. Stuff like that is exactly why they pay Sali and other influencers. They're setting the 'standard' we're supposed to want to live up to. Look at the freaks in Hirons' FB group and their ridiculous stashes.
I only have what I need makeup wise and it's so much more satisfying. I find it more satisfying to have a certain look and stick to it rather than dithering over 70 blushers and 80 lipsticks like the Salinistas. And which eyeshadow to pair with the lipstick and blusher. Seems like way too much hassle

Love makeup and always will but I much prefer having a small selection of what I will use and not have palettes gathering dust

Reactions: 14
šŸ¤” since Saliā€™s skin care advice can be, well, a bit suss*, I hope her contraceptive advice is only followed by those who are open to the idea of expanding their family.

*reminds me I havenā€™t read the Caroline Hirons thread in ages, layers! šŸ˜˜
Thatā€™s reminded me, Iā€™ve not been in Hirons thread either. I took a time out from her after the kits thing as she was doing my head in but I might go back now and see what Iā€™ve missed!

Reactions: 4
Thatā€™s reminded me, Iā€™ve not been in Hirons thread either. I took a time out from her after the kits thing as she was doing my head in but I might go back now and see what Iā€™ve missed!
Thread 18 features a freak asking about products for a childā€™s self harming scars.

EH I THINK YOUR CHILD HAS BIGGER PROBLEMS RIGHT NOW.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I only have what I need makeup wise and it's so much more satisfying. I find it more satisfying to have a certain look and stick to it rather than dithering over 70 blushers and 80 lipsticks like the Salinistas. And which eyeshadow to pair with the lipstick and blusher. Seems like way too much hassle
I'm with you on that. I have more than I need though and yet I have bought 3 LE lipsticks before Christmas (beef-faced influencers. Tsk.). They're lovely.
I know what colours work on me and I don't see why I'd need to buy more. In the past when I tried new things they didn't work entirely too often. I don't need to spend a lot of money on disappointments.

I'm downsizing my beauty products. 10 years ago I had 200+ bottles of nail polish (bad time, borderline abusive relationship. I bought one after another as treats). I did get rid of a lot ('for each one you keep you have to toss one' worked well) and have about 30 left. I've been wearing them all in the last year and if I don't love them (awful brush, chips too much etc.) they're gone. I'll start the second round soon to get down to 10-15. Once I'm not working from home anymore I'll do the same with my lipsticks. Use it or lose it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm with you on that. I have more than I need though and yet I have bought 3 LE lipsticks before Christmas (beef-faced influencers. Tsk.). They're lovely.
I know what colours work on me and I don't see why I'd need to buy more. In the past when I tried new things they didn't work entirely too often. I don't need to spend a lot of money on disappointments.

I'm downsizing my beauty products. 10 years ago I had 200+ bottles of nail polish (bad time, borderline abusive relationship. I bought one after another as treats). I did get rid of a lot ('for each one you keep you have to toss one' worked well) and have about 30 left. I've been wearing them all in the last year and if I don't love them (awful brush, chips too much etc.) they're gone. I'll start the second round soon to get down to 10-15. Once I'm not working from home anymore I'll do the same with my lipsticks. Use it or lose it.
What do you do - throw them away or donate to a mate? (Have a lot of eyeshadow singles!)

What do you do - throw them away or donate to a mate? (Have a lot of eyeshadow singles!)
My town has a very active freecycling group on Facebook. If the thing is decent quality and pretty full I usually ask my sister if she wants it (my mates don't really wear makeup) and if my sis doesn't want to have it, I'll put it in the freecycling group. If it's almost empty or super cheap I bin it.
We currently do contactless pickups, so I'll just have to put it in my mailbox and it'll be picked up by whoever was interested in it first.

I had never heard of Kitty but it was an Aussie neighbour who gave me the book, it was a fun read.
Oh I'm glad! I haven't picked it up yet. She has good self-awareness and a sense of humour which probably makes this sort of a book an easier read than the same type of book from someone with an inflated sense of self who hates being wrong....šŸ˜‰

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Technically I only need 4, but I have six (I loathe every influencer who went on about Ruby Woo, itā€™s like trying to apply chalk and is a waste of money. I donā€™t know why I havenā€™t chucked it). I also cannot explain how happy I am to be able to use a gif of my beloved KloppšŸ„°

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.