Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This book will really be the gift that keeps on giving.

What I don't understand is that Sali's demographic will already have a lot of life experience and won't need things like contraceptive and poaching eggs Salisplained to them.

A life guide might be handy for a teenager but a teenager is not likely to read a book on the subjects mentioned.

So who the hell is it for?
Her ego?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
My Botox was always to my crows feet, and between my eyes on the 11s. I don’t believe it has affected my under eye, but I believe it could do if you had the particular face shape and muscle structure. Mine is done by a dr who has explained all of this about my facial muscles but I can’t say I could recall it. Maybe I’m spoilt in that respect- a non-doctor might not be so fascinated by A&P.

Reactions: 3
I mean, I've never poached an egg but if I wanted to find out how to do it I'd...just google it?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Think I'm going to bring out my own book. Instead of calling it Everything is Washable, I'm going to call it Everything is Googlable. And for the section on poached eggs, I'll do a step by step on how to google it. Or a step to by step on how to order a Delia Smith cookbook

And then a section on how to watch YouTube tutorials and some URLs

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Think I'm going to bring out my own book. Instead of calling it Everything is Washable, I'm going to call it Everything is Googlable. And for the section on poached eggs, I'll do a step by step on how to google it. Or a step to by step on how to order a Delia Smith cookbook

And then a section on how to watch YouTube tutorials and some URLs
Books are so passé! What you need is a Patreon and every week you provide them with a new link to instruct them in a new life skill. You’ll be raking it in in no time!

Week 1: How to poach an egg

Week 2: How to choose a contraceptive

Week 3: Google for Dummies

Week 4: How to get a life

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I admit I'm curious about the breaking up with a friend chapter. Which ex friend will be the subject of snide digs?

My guess is the hipster teapot ex friend

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
This one is better value, almost as many rules as Sali will offer and I got it free in a lockdown bookswap with neighbours.
View attachment 462817
What was she on about when she said her book idea was unique? She's in her element, though, writing prescriptive bullshit, making proclm
All of the above. Plus, having a messy house that were stuck in all day isn’t helping. 😭

Re Sali’s crepey eyes, I have noticed that Hannah Martin is looking crepey too. Maybe it’s just dehydration?

View attachment 462838
Could it be concealer and makeup itself that causes this? Applying it every day, having it sit there for hours, then having to remove it with another product? The eye skin is so delicate

Don't forget that this book was so original that she was forbidden by her publisher to talk about it in case someone stole the idea?!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Don't forget that this book was so original that she was forbidden by her publisher to talk about it in case someone stole it the idea?!
Perhaps the point of difference is hers is being done in Q&A form rather than rules? Which seems to be splitting hairs, but hey. She's in her element writing thousands of words of prescriptive, one-size-fits all bullshit though. Sali's sermon on the mount

I know that the lines that appear on a botoxed person's nose as a result of smiling are referred to as 'bunny lines'. There may be a similar term for the crinkles that make themselves visible under the eye due to a botoxed forehead too.

View attachment 462955
NK is looking increasingly odd. That insideout lip thing kicked it all off

I saw a photo of her kids yesterday. Both look like Keith, particularly the eldest

I didn’t buy any of them, and I most certainly did NOT take a red lipstick photo to celebrate the day of the launch of Pretty Honest.
No, tell me that wasn't a thing she had people doing? 🤣 🤪

I just rewatched and wow, the contrast between the top of her forehead and her parting 😱 Once you see it, it's all you see.
It's like she's wearing actual face paint. That is so not her-skin-but-better
Salisplained
👏👏

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
@melfish it was, there was a thread on the forum and members uploaded pictures of themselves wearing red lipstick. No idea if she or one of the lick arse admins started it

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Yeah I did consider Hemmo but it was Hemmo who ended their friendship rather than the other way around. Maybe it will include a section on how to cope with being 'ghosted' by a friend

• Haha
Reactions: 8
How do we know it was Hemmo who instigated? I mean, I'm not surprised, just curious

Reactions: 2
I can't remember exactly but I do recall there was something about her being ghosted by a friend and the timelines seemed to match (they were best friends one minute and then nothing). I don't think she ever directly named Hemmo.

So many of them though. Hemmo, probably India now as @Tesla's Ghost pointed out upthread
See, if she was going to write about that particular friendship brake up, it could make an interesting read. Instead, it's going to be either "you've outgrown your friend" (meaning she has, as she's constantly advancing as a human, e.g. HER charity) or "you've drifted apart" (since you are better than them) blah blah blah
Do they still communicate publicly?

Reactions: 4
I can't remember exactly but I do recall there was something about her being ghosted by a friend and the timelines seemed to match (they were best friends one minute and then nothing). I don't think she ever directly named Hemmo.
I remember when, judging by each of their SM, they were inseparable. Hemmo having saved her life and all

Reactions: 2
Also is it not the height of arrogance to assume that her target audience will never have experienced a friendship ending? Actually, it's all the height of arrogance. All of it

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.