Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There seems to be something of this order about Boohoo and Pretty Little Things. They seem to
be criticised as fast fashion to be avoided much than Primark or other High Street stores. And when they have taken over companies or there has veen speculation that they might rgerevseems to be morevpearl clithig than when it's the Sports Direct bloke.
🤷‍♀️ it just a sees little off to me the way businesses run by brown people seem to come in for additional criticism amd scrutiny.

Reactions: 8
There seems to be something of this order about Boohoo and Pretty Little Things. They seem to
be criticised as fast fashion to be avoided much than Primark or other High Street stores. And when they have taken over companies or there has veen speculation that they might rgerevseems to be morevpearl clithig than when it's the Sports Direct bloke.
🤷‍♀️ it just a sees little off to me the way businesses run by brown people seem to come in for additional criticism amd scrutiny.
I’ll confess that I hadn’t previously given much thought as to whether the Boohoo criticism was louder because of the founder, and I should. I’m going to confirm my status as enormously uncool though, and say that the Levitt report on Boohoo’s supply chain issues is fascinating - clear, engaging read with really interesting considerations both for governance and supply chain ethics, and I certainly thought that the principles extended beyond Boohoo.

A bit off track I know, but worth a read for people interested in the ethics of consumerism. Although it’s over 200 pages, so maybe just the executive summary for those not quite so dorky as me?

Reactions: 12
I see she is showing off her Anina Vogel jewellery - vastly overpriced and she was fined for using the claws of endangered species (her thing is repurposed Victorian jewellery). She claimed she didn’t know the claws were illegal but had taken them off public view when someone reported her to the police. Nice brand for a vegetarian to go for!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
^ if anyone knows of any influencers who call out crappy practices like this, could you drop a name or pop me a DM (please) because THEM I would follow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I'm gonna come out and say that in my opinion if anyone is a tattle member and they go and comment on Sali's posts with stuff we've discussed then it's kind of pissing in the popcorn. We don't need to give Snip Snippety extra fodder.

Also the last guardian article...she's so obsessed with speaking to Guardian readers as if they are decidedly only Gen X and above. Very weird obsession with distinguishing herself from millennials and younger. So she's a White middle class Gen X going on Boomer in the Guardian, but then appropriates Gen Z and POC language on twitter. That's very much having her cake and eating it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Yes, I don't think we should be poking the bear. There's every chance that person is not a Tattler and just hates her, though. I should imagine she winds a lot of people up :D.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It's also against Tattle rules isn't it? If we keep it here it's not 'trolling'- not that commenting with mild comments is trolling either but you know what I mean.

I'm gonna come out and say that in my opinion if anyone is a tattle member and they go and comment on Sali's posts with stuff we've discussed then it's kind of pissing in the popcorn. We don't need to give Snip Snippety extra fodder.

Also the last guardian article...she's so obsessed with speaking to Guardian readers as if they are decidedly only Gen X and above. Very weird obsession with distinguishing herself from millennials and younger. So she's a White middle class Gen X going on Boomer in the Guardian, but then appropriates Gen Z and POC language on twitter. That's very much having he
This is so true. Sali tries on different voices over different platforms and none of them quite fit together.

Perhaps she changes her writing style with her perfume. Dab on a bit of Disingenuous Nana (nostalgic and quirky) A big squirt of 90s Ladette (phoar bantz). Saturday signature scent is Expensive and Gifted (overblown and over complicated but fades very quickly into nothing). Then there's always a hint of her fallback.. Snippy (sharp and makes your eyes water when you get a whiff)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Also the last guardian article...she's so obsessed with speaking to Guardian readers as if they are decidedly only Gen X and above. Very weird obsession with distinguishing herself from millennials and younger. So she's a White middle class Gen X going on Boomer in the Guardian, but then appropriates Gen Z and POC language on twitter. That's very much having her cake and eating it.
Yes, that was odd. I'd forgotten that until you mentioned it.
I have been guilty of commenting on her Twitter in the past but my tweets were not abusive. This was when I was suffering a very pronounced bipolar manic episode - boundaries and judgement are pretty much the 1st thing to go - and I got carried away.
Also it was comments on her IG (as well as Estee Laundry) which kicked off the events that led to her misleading #mytrollinghell video.

Apologies for gobbledegook - I took a sleepong tablet last night and clearly hadn't properly woken up when I posted.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Just to add, I'm reflecting on my own writing/texting/social media posting style and I appreciate that we all absorb so much of what's out there that one can easily slip into a vernacular that isn't ours without even realising it. I frequently code switch depending on my platform and maybe seeing Sali do it and it jarring me is because I see myself do it too. I too, probably need to be more aware of the way I speak/write/adopt other people's language and phrasing and ensure it doesn't veer into disrespectful territory.

Without doing any deep research, Mike Ashley has had his fair share of bad press... any major retail / e-tail seems to get this at times depending on the story of the day. They are all voracious business people who are all about profit.

Reactions: 7
Without doing any deep research, Mike Ashley has had his fair share of bad press... any major retail / e-tail seems to get this at times depending on the story of the day. They are all voracious business people who are all about profit.
Sorry, I didn't mean press. I meant commentary on social media. It's just something that occurred to me and I'm not saying it is necessarily true

Reactions: 5
I see she is showing off her Anina Vogel jewellery - vastly overpriced and she was fined for using the claws of endangered species (her thing is repurposed Victorian jewellery). She claimed she didn’t know the claws were illegal but had taken them off public view when someone reported her to the police. Nice brand for a vegetarian to go for!
This is just disgusting. Never heard of her, so just googled it. She used claws from panthers, leopards and lynx. Was fined £2,000 :rolleyes: and was given a prescription for diazepam to deal with the stress of the case :LOL:

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Oh, she won’t do a video in her bedroom about perfume, but she will show us her sex face with her green, unbrushed tongue whilst riding her peloton! 🤷🏻‍♀️

51F7F657-D521-44DA-BA27-3CE4192EF39E.jpeg

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I don't understand- even in the other perfume video you could hardly see her bedroom, just the mantelpiece with the perfumes. And the photos of her kids. But other than that you couldn't see any of the room

Reactions: 9
Taking perfumes out of their boxes and leaving them in direct sunlight is a surefire way to make them go off quickly. Always store them in their boxes with the lids on.

Reactions: 5
Sorry @Mselvista i sounded like a snippy cow, definitely wasn’t meaning to be :)

Also - not defending him at all!
Not at all! I wasn't clear in my post (large part of which was unintelligible 🤪) and I also wasn't defending Boohoo/Pretty Little Thing's practices. As I said I may be way off it just occurred to me because there seemed to be soo much dusgusted commentary. Also at Black Friday.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.