Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
I don't recall any posts about this but apologies if I'm repeating - the blurb is up for the forthcoming painfully-titled book and I want to smash my head into a wall:
View attachment 461940

It's making me slightly hysterical how much they're hammering that egg-poaching angle (as if Delia didn't do it 20 years ago, oh and THE INTERNET EXISTS)
Fucking hell I'm late to this but WTF?!
How to choose a contraceptive...I mean, how did the smart woman cope before her?
...sex and relationships.....*they're talking about my sex life on the internet*

Bitchy me is looking forward to the reviews.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Spanner

Chatty Member
Good on him! “Quiz show inventor” is a much better look than “Tory & excellent shag”

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I think even if a 20 year old was using acids on their eyes to the same extent they'd get the same effect. So much aggressive acid toning particularly around the eyes is going to destroy the skin mantle.
On the Hirons FB group someone posted a picture of their 11 year old with a few pimples on her forehead. I know people are well meaning but omg the advice people were giving, going through the regimes their 8 year olds (for eg) have - including face masks.
And the amount of photos people post with such angry looking inflamed skin - then listing the VAST quantities of stuff they use on a daily basis. As you say a lot of it seems so aggressive. A cocktail of different, possibly competing, ingredients.
Sali and Hirons keeping pushing product after product as normal (as it is in their interests to do so) really cannot be helping this.

• Sad
  • Haha

Runestone

I will not support Sali’s charity either. I can’t get past how the charity, which is meant to be all about hygiene poverty, gave it’s brand donations to NHS workers. Whilst I completely agree that key workers are deserving of support and praise, they are by no means in hygiene poverty. For me this calls into question the charity’s governance, when on the personal whim of it’s founders / executives, the main objective can be overridden.

No thanks.
I mean, did she even read the mission statement when she copy pasted it off the website she plagiarised?

• Haha

Simplemind

Brighton beach - first time I’d seen a starling murmuration. Around the old burnt pier. 👍

• Heart
  • Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I have never been to an Indian restaurant or takeaway that was not owned or run by Indians. Never even seen it tbh and it would just seem really odd.

Word

Love a bovver boot myself (the original skinhead culture not quite what most people think of ). Rest of the edit is twee as fuck.

• Heart

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
That person will now spend 30mins clicking on diff sali guardian articles. Clickbait dickbait

• Sad
  • Angry

Spanner

Chatty Member
Yes the cliqueness was off-putting. The group had a lot of plus points with a lot of nice funny people.
The problem was always when Sali and her friends had their bantz, calling each other by their surnames and going through their 'routines' and stock phrases *bangs gavel*. It was so performative with everyone else as their audience.
That’s a very good way of summing it up. Also, so much conspicuous consumption! Since I stopped looking at that website/the Facebook page, I don’t think I’ve even thought about buying a new blusher. I have a pinkish one and a peachy one, what else could I need? I remember people on there had SCORES of them

Word

Honestly if I get one compliment a year I’m buzzin. I can’t imagine what a daily deluge feels like ....maybe a bit nuts, like, I read the obvious sycophancy under posts and it’s like white noise, it’s not meaningful and content creators must know the difference, But anyway irrespective of weirdness, yes, it’s why 8 people elsewhere on the internet annoy her and her Assistant so much.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Spot on, @melfish

The general Joe Public has zero respect for supermarket workers at the best of times and I've seen some horrifying footage of supermarket workers calmly asking customers to put on a mask and the customer screeching "what about my rights"

• Sad

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
red is a state of mind. Dafuq does that mean?
I'd hope it's a call for international communism (🤭), but knowing her it's probably a red lip thing. And the empowerment, liberation etc. it instantly gives to all who wear it.

I love her new IG ad!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart