Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OT: I have started watching Motherland after your recommendations and it is giving me anxiety 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It’s a tense watch, in a cringe way. If you need to de-stress after I suggest watching ‘Repair Shop’ which is like a gentle, cheering hug of a programme. It’s where people take items of sentimental value to be repaired and given a new life - there was an elderly lady on last night who had her grandfather’s accordion repaired - it was so love and emotional. I heartily recommend it as an antidote to all the hideous tit going on in the world right now x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Badabing101 Aw that sounds lovely. Another lighter watch is Bridgerton. Beautiful costumes and the drama is all very champagne problems and who is going to marry who. The books can have some questionable story lines but haven't watched far enough to see how they deal with those plot points yet. So far fun escapism.

Reactions: 4
Haha. Marian Keyes posted a picture of herself wearing the same wedding dress Sali had. Of course Sali had to comment

"That's sadly all I can offer you" Why do you need to "offer" anyone anything?

Attachments

Reactions: 5
I've realised that when I thought I liked Sali's work, I was actually enjoying the people around her. Like, her articles were always crap but you could find useful and fun stuff in the comments and I was probably giving Sali way too much credit for that content. And when I used her site, the blog was never much cop - it was the forum users that made it worthwhile visiting (and where you'd get recommendations for things that didn't cost £100 - hurrah for Natural Collection Waterguard mascara!).

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Sali Hughes‘ Must Have Beauty Edit from Cult Beauty just “dropped’ in my Inbox.

What did Sazza say to Mazza?

• Haha
Something like "this was my evening wedding dress and I love this photo even more because Marian was there when I got married"

• Sick
Reactions: 2
I got half way through the interview on the cult beauty site and gave up.... it is the Sali bingo - change of story again on getting the guardian job.. statement that she is more than just a beauty writer... I could go on but I’m boring myself now

Ffffing hell. Hot cloth cleansing for 30 years. Did you all know Sali invented the flannel?
Why does anyone need hundreds of flannels? Why not just have a few and wash them? I don't get it!
The idea of her having "literally hundreds" of flannels in her cupboard, "gallons" of body lotion, and "about a dozen Slip silk hair ties" (that's £160 worth of bleeping scrunchies) makes me genuinely sick, in the same way the photo of Caroline Hirons' huge larder of skincare made me sick. Not only is it totally unnecessary to have this much stuff (over TWO HUNDRED flannels for a family of four, why??), it goes against her hilariously thin claim to care about sustainability and the environment, and just shows her to be as out of touch as she now is. To be a slave to consumerism to this degree in the year 2021 is as pathetic as it is gross.

Maybe I'm being harsh and she actually uses all 12 silk hair ties, it's not my place to judge if she wants to cosplay as Gwen Stefani in the comfort of her own home.

original.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
She is not going to state her favourite go to products. She would not affiliate herself with a brand/product free of charge.
She would also not want to risk putting off any companies from working with her, after she has nailed her product flags to the wall. It's all about the money.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@Badabing101 Aw that sounds lovely. Another lighter watch is Bridgerton. Beautiful costumes and the drama is all very champagne problems and who is going to marry who. The books can have some questionable story lines but haven't watched far enough to see how they deal with those plot points yet. So far fun escapism.
Bridgerton is brilliant - like a cross between Downton Abbey and Sex and the City 😂. It’s pleasing and cheering and soothing - even slightly cosseting.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m trying to work and homeschool today. What an absolute JOKE. My 7 year old is pretty annoying and CAN’T SIT STILL. Send help. 10 year old is in his room working quietly for the moment. Phew.

What about gladdening?
tit. I forgot that one.

• Haha
Utterly irrelevant but went to the dentist for check up and he said that whitening trays can rarely be reused as within 6 months teeth move around. Yet another thing Sali claimed as a 'one off investment' that can be topped up for life with gels. (He said whitening procedures often disappoint people and its due to the trays not fitting rather than the product strength.)

Last edited:
Something like "this was my evening wedding dress and I love this photo even more because Marian was there when I got married"
God she just loves pandering to famous people. She doesn't have friends, she collects blue ticks

Her efforts to get Nigella's attention, for example, are just cringe

I am trying to think which social-climbing Jane Austen character she would be, but it's been too long. Bingley?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
God she just loves pandering to famous people. She doesn't have friends, she collects blue ticks

Her efforts to get Nigella's attention, for example, are just cringe

I am trying to think which social-climbing Jane Austen character she would be, but it's been too long. Bingley?
I also think it's a little bit more than that. It's making it clear that the dress was hers first

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.