Sali Hughes #25 Gifted. I try very hard to pay but she will not have it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the love of Lauder, stop saying every bloody thing is "cheering". It's not, it's really not

Throw out your SSRIs people, all you need it a tube of wax/oil/pigment and you're good to go!

Also, I can't finish that latest piece of hard-hitting journalism. It's like she threw all her old columns into a sentence generator and just filed whatever came out

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
When was this?! I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and assume it was in relation to Coco Chanel..?
Yes you are right. In Pretty Honest Chanel is one of her beauty heroines. She introduces her by saying something along the lines of 'she was an amazing woman, dodgy politics aside'.
I mean. Really. How can you put being a Nazi sympathiser (and allegedly a spy, and also identifying her Jewish workers to be sent to the camps) as 'aside' - it sort of is the defining thing about someone isn't it? Chanel was a disgusting person. No about of statement lippies or chic suits make her otherwise.
I am baffled as to whether Sali did any research into her. Maybe she as usual relied on family and friends telling her.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Maybe she as usual relied on family and friends telling her.
This is the part of the BBC "documentary" that blows my mind. When she was pitching it, surely a little due diligence on the BBC's part should have revealed she'd not even read here and the whole thing was based on hearsay

• Angry
Reactions: 6
For the love of Lauder, stop saying every bloody thing is "cheering". It's not, it's really not

Throw out your SSRIs people, all you need it a tube of wax/oil/pigment and you're good to go!

Also, I can't finish that latest piece of hard-hitting journalism. It's like she threw all her old columns into a sentence generator and just filed whatever came out
What latest piece?

Reactions: 1
Cheering? Oh FFS!
You'd think by now she'd be aware of how much she overuses it, and has done for the better part of a decade. That and "satisfying" or "pleasing". Her writing is best read as parody at this point

It's like war propaganda

• Heart
Reactions: 9
lockdown lippy
bleeping “lockdown lippy” is such a horrible expression. And I see she’s pushing the gold/silver jewellery schtick again 🙄. We get it, mate, you have a partnership ad with Missoma coming up. Time to start convincing women that gold is more flattering for the over-40s.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
It's so easy for gold jewellery to look cheap and tacky. All the Missoma stuff I've seen does

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Nice shill of her own website there. Isn't there only one lone woman still posting her empties (not digging on this woman, she sounds brill), everyone else has jumped ship?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Nice shill of her own website there. Isn't there only one lone woman still posting her empties (not digging on this woman, she sounds brill), everyone else has jumped ship?
Was there? I didn't make it that far 💤

Would have been the perfect place to direct people to Tattle 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Was there? I didn't make it that far 💤
I have never actually been on there either.. but other people on this thread have mentioned that there is a woman who posts all her empties and new purchases completely alone on the message boards. Personally, I find it a completely touching image and I wish she would migrate here as I love to hear this kind of inconsequential tit.

Edit: okay I'm going to start. Today I finished a Hadolabo hyaluronic serum bottle (I had a replacement waiting) and I just bought a bottle of Tan Luxe Super Glow face serum.

Reactions: 8
A whole article on websites to buy makeup from before U-turning to say buy in person?

And how does buying in person support your local beauty professional? She isn't Sharmadean Reid, and how is that economically better for the sales assistant? Most counter staff arent on commission, and all that really matters is if they are being paid a secure living wage by their corporate managers?

• Sick
Reactions: 9
I have never actually been on there either.. but other people on this thread have mentioned that there is a woman who posts all her empties and new purchases completely alone on the message boards. Personally, I find it a completely touching image and I wish she would migrate here as I love to hear this kind of inconsequential tit.

Edit: okay I'm going to start. Today I finished a Hadolabo hyaluronic serum bottle (I had a replacement waiting) and I just bought a bottle of Tan Luxe Super Glow face serum.
It was her Facebook group she was promoting.

I’ve just started using the I’m from rice serum that came in the Gothamista Wishtrend box for this year. It’s lovely and layers in well with the rest of my routine (I’m afraid I AM fond of layering...)

Reactions: 1
It was her Facebook group she was promoting.

I’ve just started using the I’m from rice serum that came in the Gothamista Wishtrend box for this year. It’s lovely and layers in well with the rest of my routine (I’m afraid I AM fond of layering...)
I am also a big layerer! I am pretty sure Wishtrend does not deliver where I am because I wanted the Labmuffin box previously. I am nervous now about what Brexit will mean as i regularly order from Cult Beauty, Look Fantastic and ASOS, all kinds of extra taxes are being predicted for those of us overseas.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.