Sali Hughes #25 Gifted. I try very hard to pay but she will not have it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My two pence on the hairdryer front is that I use a Boots travel one and have done for 20 years. Mind you I am lucky to have both hair and skin I can pretty much do anything to. Apologies for the humblebrag.... that is the plus side on the other side I am absolutely tit at putting on any form of makeup.

Reactions: 4
Its bloody well sold out at John Lewis. I am going to buy from CB as I have a discount code. I went to but a Chanel lipstick but that has sold out as well. Everytime I find something I like they stop doing it !! Chanel Rouge Coco Shine - does anyone know if they make this any more. I can't see it on their site. Has it been replaced with something else?????

• Wow
Reactions: 2
It must have been part of the Glowgasm range that she did a couple of years ago. I have the Lightgasm palette she did then with bronzer, blusher and highlighters and really love it, that's why I was interested in the sound of the lipstick to go with it. Must have passed me by at the time. What a shame Wobblehead!

I bought both Glowgasm lipsticks a couple of weeks ago and they are lovely. (The colour change ones, to make sure we’re talking about the same thing.)

They add a really lovely natural colour to my lips, and are so nice to use. I wouldn’t recommend buying both as they’re so similar, and the glitter one isn’t sparkly at all when it’s on (which perhaps is a good thing), but really rate them.

• Heart
Yes, those are the ones we're talking about! So, they are still available.. the plot thickens. I usually buy my CT from Cult Beauty. I'll have a look if they have them.

Edit: They have them both on Cult beauty for €22. That's interesting that they look very similar on the lips @Puzzfish they look completely different! I will get the jewelgasm when my Dior Lip Glow has run out I think.

Last edited:
Loved that to be fair. Really miss my fringe.
During Covid I've not dared see a hairdresser or hack away myself so I let mine grow out over lockdown. I always thought I "needed" a fringe to shorten my otherwise🐎 "why the long face" but I've just been told it's actually more flattering without.

Which is great because I used to have to wash the fringe more often than the rest of my hair because my strong cowlick asserted itself overnight and made me look slightly unhinged.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I have a long face and would look absolutely hideous with a fringe.

Sali really suited a fringe, one of the few women who can pull it off IMO

Reactions: 5
I have a long face and would look absolutely hideous with a fringe.

Sali really suited a fringe, one of the few women who can pull it off IMO
I accidentally saw a photo of myself from 2 years ago the other day and let's just say that I was deluding myself thinking the fringe was "flattering" - that insidious word usually meaning younger/slimmer/less gaunt/less wrinkly.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I accidentally saw a photo of myself from 2 years ago the other day and let's just say that I was deluding myself thinking the fringe was "flattering" - that insidious word usually meaning younger/slimmer/less gaunt/less wrinkly.
I think your fringe looks great in your picture, Dolly.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My two pence on the hairdryer front is that I use a Boots travel one and have done for 20 years. Mind you I am lucky to have both hair and skin I can pretty much do anything to. Apologies for the humblebrag.... that is the plus side on the other side I am absolutely tit at putting on any form of makeup.
I used to buy Boots travel ones as a pupil barrister and they would last all of three weeks at a time. Bear in mind that my hair is very thick and drying it every day would wear out the hair dryer.

The dryers I’ve been using still take a good 15/20 minutes just to dry my hair and I have to replace them every year, if not sooner.

So I’m excited! It’s supposed to arrive tomorrow. Don’t know why I thought today was Thursday!

Yes, those are the ones we're talking about! So, they are still available.. the plot thickens. I usually buy my CT from Cult Beauty. I'll have a look if they have them.

Edit: They have them both on Cult beauty for €22. That's interesting that they look very similar on the lips @Puzzfish they look completely different! I will get the jewelgasm when my Dior Lip Glow has run out I think.
Yes they have the CT ones. The Chanel ones have been discontinued. Will purchase and report back

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I used to buy Boots travel ones as a pupil barrister and they would last all of three weeks at a time. Bear in mind that my hair is very thick and drying it every day would wear out the hair dryer.

The dryers I’ve been using still take a good 15/20 minutes just to dry my hair and I have to replace them every year, if not sooner.

So I’m excited! It’s supposed to arrive tomorrow. Don’t know why I thought today was Thursday!
I have had two travel hairdryers in the last 10 years. Only use for a maximum of five minutes a day though..... I’m no hairstylist 🤣🤣

Reactions: 1
Its bloody well sold out at John Lewis. I am going to buy from CB as I have a discount code. I went to but a Chanel lipstick but that has sold out as well. Everytime I find something I like they stop doing it !! Chanel Rouge Coco Shine - does anyone know if they make this any more. I can't see it on their site. Has it been replaced with something else?????
Funny you should mention the Chanel lipstick. I was on the JLP website looking at Chanel makeup in general, just a few bits and pieces, and loads of things were sold out. Bit annoying / disappointing and pretty unusual too. Same story with a few other brands as well.
Most of the Chanel was in stock elsewhere when looked. Wondered what’s going on with JLP?

I’m wondering if they’ll be around much longer. I buy gift vouchers every year for some people who work in my building, and I’d usually go for JL but I didn’t this year because I have a horrible feeling they’ll go bust.

• Sad
Funny you should mention the Chanel lipstick. I was on the JLP website looking at Chanel makeup in general, just a few bits and pieces, and loads of things were sold out. Bit annoying / disappointing and pretty unusual too. Same story with a few other brands as well.
Most of the Chanel was in stock elsewhere when looked. Wondered what’s going on with JLP?
I think loads of people buy online from JLP as they are reliable for deliveries especially as you can click and collect at Waitrose as well. That’s what I do.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.