Sali Hughes #25 Gifted. I try very hard to pay but she will not have it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got my latest hairdryer a couple of years ago from Lidl and think it’s fine. But I think that’s because I put oil on my hair. Again it’s relatively cheap - the garnier ultimate blends. I love it and wouldn’t be without really.

Reactions: 3
@melfish

Did you get the parlux in the end and, if so, which one?
I left the black Aylon in my cart overnight, to cool off. Did you pull the trigger?

I got my latest hairdryer a couple of years ago from Lidl and think it’s fine. But I think that’s because I put oil on my hair. Again it’s relatively cheap - the garnier ultimate blends. I love it and wouldn’t be without really.
I don't even own a hairdresser; the one I use came with my husband 15 years ago 🤣
EDIT: hairDRYER :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Cuticle update : Weleda Skin Food under gloves at night has worked really well even though I get too hot and rip off the gloves during the night.

I've also been using Fulvic Nail Cream from Victoria Health, before I located my tube of Skin Food. It's had the very welcome bonus effect of clearing up a stubborn patch of eczema on my hand which had been bothering me for weeks. It's 12 quid for a 30ml tube and smells a bit of tea tree but that wears off quite quickly.

A combination of these two has softened my crinkly raspy hands and stopped my rough cuticles from catching on fabrics, which absolutely makes me shudder.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I left the black Aylon in my cart overnight, to cool off. Did you pull the trigger?

I don't even own a hairdresser; the one I use came with my husband 15 years ago 🤣
EDIT: hairDRYER :rolleyes:
For a split second I thought "whoa, your husband came with a hairdresser!" and was jealous. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Cuticle update : Weleda Skin Food under gloves at night has worked really well even though I get too hot and rip off the gloves during the night.

I've also been using Fulvic Nail Cream from Victoria Health, before I located my tube of Skin Food. It's had the very welcome bonus effect of clearing up a stubborn patch of eczema on my hand which had been bothering me for weeks. It's 12 quid for a 30ml tube and smells a bit of tea tree but that wears off quite quickly.

A combination of these two has softened my crinkly raspy hands and stopped my rough cuticles from catching on fabrics, which absolutely makes me shudder.
One thing I have found helpful is applying cheap hyaluronic acid to my hands for an extra hit of hydration before sealing it all in with a thick hand cream. All this hand sanitiser and manic washing of hands has caused a lot of painful and itchy dryness to my hands. I bought a big bottle from The Chemistry Brand during the Spring sale on the Deciem website - I use it after every time I wash my hands before applying hand cream and I still have a ton left.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Do any of you rate Dr Dray? I can't listen to her, because her voice makes me want to ram chopsticks through my ear drums. Am I missing out?

Reactions: 2
Do any of you rate Dr Dray? I can't listen to her, because her voice makes me want to ram chopsticks through my ear drums. Am I missing out?
I do not, she appears extremely unwell physically and mentally. Some of her advice is bizarre and appear to be related to the obsessive aspects of her "illness" (I don't know what that is and am not qualified to diagnose, some say an eating disorder).

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
She definitely has her quirks (to say the least) but if you're in the US, she's worth a watch. I've picked up some holy grail gems from the chemist/drugstore because of her recommendations. It's refreshing to hear someone in that space recommend cheap and cheerful (but effective!) skincare.

• Heart
I can't cope with her voice either and she looks seriously unwell.

Reactions: 1
I think I’ve overdone the retinol/other things in my regime and I have a weird red patch of skin on my face, that is a bit flaky and a bit irritated. What basic things would be best to deal with it? I’m thinking no acids, vit c or retinol for a while (such a shame, it had all been going so well!). I’d rather not buy anything new but I do have a lot of stuff in the house so I’m hoping I will have whatever I might need. I am somewhat ‘all the gear and no idea’.
Is this what happens when one ‘upsets the skin barrier’ or whatever it is people say all the time?

I have never had any skin conditions (excema, dermatitis, etc), so it’s not a flare up of a condition.

I would use a gentle cleanser like cerave and then something soothing and hydrating to moisturise. AND THAT’S IT.

Reactions: 8
I would use a gentle cleanser like cerave and then something soothing and hydrating to moisturise. AND THAT’S IT.
Will do! Definitely nothing silly on my beefy chops! So disappointed in myself for being too keen. But also sad that my face tricked me into thinking it was having a good time and looking beautiful before it went ‘absolutely not’ and went mad.

Reactions: 6
She definitely has her quirks (to say the least) but if you're in the US, she's worth a watch. I've picked up some holy grail gems from the chemist/drugstore because of her recommendations. It's refreshing to hear someone in that space recommend cheap and cheerful (but effective!) skincare.
Angie from Hot and Flashy is good for this. Plus she doesn't chop and change like crazy, she just fine tunes her routine

Nope, not a fan. Also not fond of her voice. That said, as much as I'm into beauty I'm not really a fan of youtubers. They're just so rambly and watching videos waiting for them to get to the point doesn't feel like a productive way to spend time. Much prefer written posts

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Will do! Definitely nothing silly on my beefy chops! So disappointed in myself for being too keen. But also sad that my face tricked me into thinking it was having a good time and looking beautiful before it went ‘absolutely not’ and went mad.
I find there's always a lag with tret, before you know you've overdone it

Reactions: 4
She has looked better recently. I watch her videos on double speed so half the shrill, she uses timestamps which helps me skip to the bits I want.
She puts out a lot of really well informed content but also a lot of horrible shaky shop with me videos.

Nope, not a fan. Also not fond of her voice. That said, as much as I'm into beauty I'm not really a fan of youtubers. They're just so rambly and watching videos waiting for them to get to the point doesn't feel like a productive way to spend time. Much prefer written posts
Oh same! But I've always been like that, I need to absorb new information in writing vs orally. That's why I struggle with podcasts and can't stand audio books

She has looked better recently. I watch her videos on double speed so half the shrill, she uses timestamps which helps me skip to the bits I want.
She puts out a lot of really well informed content but also a lot of horrible shaky shop with me videos.
I really want to give her a hand with her brows

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.