Sali Hughes #25 Gifted. I try very hard to pay but she will not have it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do any of you rate Dr Dray? I can't listen to her, because her voice makes me want to ram chopsticks through my ear drums. Am I missing out?
I used to but now she’s on so much I don’t believe she can actually practise as a derm. I’m wondering if she makes her living via SM now and for that I don’t rate her so much and pass by. Although, I pass by/unfollowed a load recently. She might be next 😂

Reactions: 5
I used to but now she’s on so much I don’t believe she can actually practise as a derm. I’m wondering if she makes her living via SM now and for that I don’t rate her so much and pass by. Although, I pass by/unfollowed a load recently. She might be next 😂
I did read somewhere she no longer practices. What do you mean by "on so much"?

Reactions: 3
Do any of you rate Dr Dray? I can't listen to her, because her voice makes me want to ram chopsticks through my ear drums. Am I missing out?
I watched a couple of her videos one evening and was so shocked by her appearance that I had to switch them off. So grey and emaciated. Felt incredibly sad for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Oh same! But I've always been like that, I need to absorb new information in writing vs orally. That's why I struggle with podcasts and can't stand audio books
Same here. My attention span is way too short. I want to read!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think I’ve overdone the retinol/other things in my regime and I have a weird red patch of skin on my face, that is a bit flaky and a bit irritated. What basic things would be best to deal with it? I’m thinking no acids, vit c or retinol for a while (such a shame, it had all been going so well!). I’d rather not buy anything new but I do have a lot of stuff in the house so I’m hoping I will have whatever I might need. I am somewhat ‘all the gear and no idea’.
Is this what happens when one ‘upsets the skin barrier’ or whatever it is people say all the time?

I have never had any skin conditions (excema, dermatitis, etc), so it’s not a flare up of a condition.
I second exactly what @GTL Old-Timer said. Gentle cleanser with no actives and a rich, fragrance-free moisturiser with ceramides to nurture the skin barrier if you've got one in your stash.

@GTL Old-Timer I think I'm gonna use you as a guinea pig with the Aylon hairdryer, before I fork out the stupid markup to buy it here. It needs to be loads better than a garden-variety hairdryer to justify a $230 price tag (and that's with the 20% off!)

As in she posts a lot of videos

I'm going to guess that Simplemind is Irish as it sounds like a very Irish turn of phrase!
Ah, OK. It made me think of drugs

• Haha
One thing I have found helpful is applying cheap hyaluronic acid to my hands for an extra hit of hydration before sealing it all in with a thick hand cream. All this hand sanitiser and manic washing of hands has caused a lot of painful and itchy dryness to my hands. I bought a big bottle from The Chemistry Brand during the Spring sale on the Deciem website - I use it after every time I wash my hands before applying hand cream and I still have a ton left.
Thank you, I think I have something similar at the bsck of the bathroom cupboard, I'll give it a go. I've had to switch to Dermol 500 for handwashing.

Just got into bed after putting some Ameliorate on. Boy does it stink but it does make my skin so soft. I think I'll get the Ren body serum next instead after it was mentioned by @NotDumbNotBlonde

I did read somewhere she no longer practices. What do you mean by "on so much"?
Just that she’s really more getting her income from SM posts. I don’t know if that’s a bad thing really if she is using her expertise to put messages out about skincare. She does lament high cost skincare and is mostly for lower cost products. I have followed her for quite a few years and she was often driving to her practice. Now you don’t see that and it’s a lot more ads. 🤷‍♀️

As in she posts a lot of videos

I'm going to guess that Simplemind is Irish as it sounds like a very Irish turn of phrase!
I’m not but my best friend is from Cork and I miss her dreadfully! I would have usually seen her twice this year. I guess I pick up a few things, feck it. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@GTL Old-Timer I think I'm gonna use you as a guinea pig with the Aylon hairdryer, before I fork out the stupid markup to buy it here. It needs to be loads better than a garden-variety hairdryer to justify a $230 price tag (and that's with the 20% off!)
Sure, no problem. Mine should hopefully be arriving in the morning. I’m actually quite excited. I’ve only ever used cheap hairdryers before so I’m hoping this will make a difference. What do you want me to
report back on?

Ah, OK. It made me think of drugs
🤣

Just got into bed after putting some Ameliorate on. Boy does it stink but it does make my skin so soft. I think I'll get the Ren body serum next instead after it was mentioned by @NotDumbNotBlonde
I can’t get past the smell.

Last edited:
Sure, no problem. Mine should hopefully be arriving in the morning. I’m actually quite excited. I’ve only ever used cheap hairdryers before so I’m hoping this will make a difference. What do you want me to
report back on?
Hmm, I guess I just want to know whether it's noticeably superior to a cheap hairdryer. I don't use one every day; I wash my hair once or twice a week and mostly air-dry as the crappy old blowdryer I have just makes my fine hair really flyaway (though a lot of that could be my horrible technique)

Hairdryer talk reminds me of the Sali fringe wash / dry tutorial - was actually really useful.

Hair talk is making me :cry:. Miss having luscious thick hair. Hate having alopecia. Hate aging! Arghghghghgh. Sorry rant over. Treasure your hair ladies. Even the bad hair days.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.