Sali Hughes #24 She's gone totally QVC.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could you please Tell us about the coconut-sunflower oil Ratio @BostonFernGreen ? Love homemade stuff.
Also think affordable & nice bath products decanted into something pretty are fab.
I‘m really trying to cut back on spending this Christmas and to be a bit more sustainable.

Reactions: 4
I may be super-indulgent and go for the shower-bath-shower option tonight. I'd like a good long soak but I need to wash my hair so 💁‍♀️ I have high hopes of the mitts, and expect skin so soft that I slide straight out of bed afterwards.

Pray for my boiler.
Hahaha! I was honestly shocked that it was my skin! I wasn’t convinced about my legs but I shaved them the following day and my legs felt amazing after that, so they must have been lovely the day before, underneath my leg hair!

Thanks everyone! I’m thinking a mix of small business products, with some reuseble/sustainable products and then things in nice packaging will be a right winner.

You’re all glorious and if it weren’t for being to triangulate you (to borrow from the Jack Monroe thread), I’d like us to all do a pamper box swap with each other!

• Heart
Can someone direct me towards the correct Korean mitts please? I've had a look, but I'm not quite sure exactly which ones I'm looking for.

Reactions: 2
If I was going to be buying some treat products for two females in my life as Christmas presents, maybe to make up a bit of a ‘DIY spa at home’ kit, and I maybe didn’t have a huge amount of money to spend, what should I get? I’m thinking making something up myself might be nicer than buying a toiletries set.

Personally I’d love a bottle of the AHA peel from The Ordinary to be in my one if I was making one for myself, but I’m also thinking maybe that’s a bit risky when I don’t know if they even like that sort of thing?! I will need to post at least one of the kits although the other I can probably hand deliver in a socially distanced manner.

Radox actually make some really nice bath salts. I might get some and decant it into a small nice jar? Is that a tit present?

Sorry to permanently be derailing this thread!
I do think the peel is a bit risky if you're not sure if they're into that sort of thing, but is a lovely thought. I've made up similar packages for friends and usually include one of The Ordinary oils/squalene or Natural Moisturising Factors, as I think they're a bit more universal (suit most skin types) and an equally nice thing for people who are into skincare and those who aren't.

If I know I'm making packages for multiple people, I'll try to buy gift sets that represent good value for money and then split them up, eg. thisworks travel size sleep spray duo split into two packages, same with glossier cloud paint duo (made cheaper on black Friday). You can often find good gift sets in TK Maxx that are great value.

Handmade bath bombs from etsy are usually a winner with most of my friends (they all love bath bombs, can't relate).

This year I'm using my Latest in Beauty subscription box to get bits for packages - I'm on the 3 item / £9 a month subscription and was close to cancelling because I don't need anything for myself, but they often have stuff that makes great gifts. I've got some really lush hand creams, Soaper Duper body butter and Nars lip pencil so far for gifts.

Final one and I'll shut up, face masks are a no-brainer to include for a spa-at-home type package and so cheap! The Alex Steinherr Primark ones are great.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Could you please Tell us about the coconut-sunflower oil Ratio @BostonFernGreen ? Love homemade stuff.
Also think affordable & nice bath products decanted into something pretty are fab.
I‘m really trying to cut back on spending this Christmas and to be a bit more sustainable.
This is not made to a recipe at all and is a bit of trial and error but this is what I do:

Stand a big tub of coconut oil in a pan or bowl of very hot water and leave for a while so it can melt.

Pour a cup of sugar, a cup of sunflower oil and a cup of liquid coconut oil into a mixing bowl and 5-10 drops of an essential oil blend per jar of scrub. This one is nice and it’s £5.50 for 10mls.

Absolute Aromas Refresh Essential Oil Blend (10ml) with 100% Pure, Natural Lime, Sweet Orange, Spearmint & more Essential Oils - The Natural Way to Boost your Mood. Amazon product

Mix it up well so the sugar is evenly distributed and put it in sterile jars.

:mSorry for double post. This year I want to add oats somehow. Like a muslin bag with blitzed oats and salts in it? Or an oat scrub. You can buy powdered oats in bulk if you want to have it super finely milled.

Another one is scented drawer liners:

Buy bulk tissue paper from an independent seller on Etsy and then spritz with homemade essential oil spray or a perfume parlour perfume if you know the recipients favourite smell and happen to have some

Homemade air freshener: water and a nip of vodka with 30 drops of an essential oil blend. In an amber bottle with a spray attachment.

Good old fashioned rose water and glycerin is a good product for dry skin and not too expensive. The classic/vintage connotations make it a good present.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Hahaha! I was honestly shocked that it was my skin! I wasn’t convinced about my legs but I shaved them the following day and my legs felt amazing after that, so they must have been lovely the day before, underneath my leg hair!
I know the feeling. The first time I tried the mitts, I had shaved my one-day old stubbly legs in the shower that morning before work. Come evening time, I had a long bath before getting my mitts out. I was so shocked by how smooth and super exfoliated my legs were because the amount of regrowth that then peeked through made my legs look like I hadn’t shaved in 2/3 days. They’re awesome. So cheap, commonsensical and effective.

So when you have someone like Sali pooh-poohing Asian Beauty, you know something’s up.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sunflower oil is sooooo underrated IMO. Lovely slippery texture and nourishing but not OTT heavy.

(I need to get my editor to add ample alliteration to this, just spitballing at the moment)

Absolute Aroma essential oil blends are incredibly good value for money.

I know the feeling. The first time I tried the mitts, I had shaved my one-day old stubbly legs in the shower that morning before work. Come evening time, I had a long bath before getting my mitts out. I was so shocked by how smooth and super exfoliated my legs were because the amount of regrowth that then peeked through made my legs look like I hadn’t shaved in 2/3 days. They’re awesome. So cheap, commonsensical and effective.

So when you have someone like Sali pooh-poohing Asian Beauty, you know something’s up.
It’s strange that she does put it down because lots of Asian beauty focus is on skin tone and even pigmentation. Niacinamide, vitamin c and alpha arbutin are prominent. These are ingredients worth researching and not always expensive.

Sorry for so many posts this evening but other present ideas.

Perfume Parlour have a product called Fragrance Dust which is between £6-£10 per jar. It’s granules of scent to put in top of an oil burner. It’s available in all the Jo Malone scents, most Tom Ford, Le Labo and Byredo.

I bought a couple to sample before I start gifting it and it’s really good. I’ve got amber jars and a label maker so I’m going to divide the dust into jars and gift it. One jar from perfume parlour will divide into three or four 30ml amber jars.

They also do very small and very concentrated 3ml roller balls for between £2.25 and £5 which are a good stocking filler or item if you’re making a travel kit or handbag pouch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I do think the peel is a bit risky if you're not sure if they're into that sort of thing, but is a lovely thought. I've made up similar packages for friends and usually include one of The Ordinary oils/squalene or Natural Moisturising Factors, as I think they're a bit more universal (suit most skin types) and an equally nice thing for people who are into skincare and those who aren't.

If I know I'm making packages for multiple people, I'll try to buy gift sets that represent good value for money and then split them up, eg. thisworks travel size sleep spray duo split into two packages, same with glossier cloud paint duo (made cheaper on black Friday). You can often find good gift sets in TK Maxx that are great value.

Handmade bath bombs from etsy are usually a winner with most of my friends (they all love bath bombs, can't relate).

This year I'm using my Latest in Beauty subscription box to get bits for packages - I'm on the 3 item / £9 a month subscription and was close to cancelling because I don't need anything for myself, but they often have stuff that makes great gifts. I've got some really lush hand creams, Soaper Duper body butter and Nars lip pencil so far for gifts.

Final one and I'll shut up, face masks are a no-brainer to include for a spa-at-home type package and so cheap! The Alex Steinherr Primark ones are great.
Oooh thanks for the Alex Steinherr recommendation! I was going to gift a couple of my jars of the Aldi face mask that is a dupe for glam glow which is brilliant, but it turns out I only have one untouched jar but two boxes to make up, so I will opt for that!

I used to buy a lot from Latest in Beauty, I loved that you knew what you were getting in the curated boxes and also loved making up my own ones.

I am going to swerve the peel from The Ordinary as I don’t want to be responsible for burns. Maybe I’ll go for Argan Oil (amazing mixed into any body moisturiser to pimp it up!) or NMF. You’re a star, thank you!

Sunflower oil is sooooo underrated IMO. Lovely slippery texture and nourishing but not OTT heavy.

(I need to get my editor to add ample alliteration to this, just spitballing at the moment)

Absolute Aroma essential oil blends are incredibly good value for money.

It’s strange that she does put it down because lots of Asian beauty focus is on skin tone and even pigmentation. Niacinamide, vitamin c and alpha arbutin are prominent. These are ingredients worth researching and not always expensive.

Sorry for so many posts this evening but other present ideas.

Perfume Parlour have a product called Fragrance Dust which is between £6-£10 per jar. It’s granules of scent to put in top of an oil burner. It’s available in all the Jo Malone scents, most Tom Ford, Le Labo and Byredo.

I bought a couple to sample before I start gifting it and it’s really good. I’ve got amber jars and a label maker so I’m going to divide the dust into jars and gift it. One jar from perfume parlour will divide into three or four 30ml amber jars.

They also do very small and very concentrated 3ml roller balls for between £2.25 and £5 which are a good stocking filler or item if you’re making a travel kit or handbag pouch.
Have just placed an order for some roller balls myself, I have some from years ago that are still perfect! Love the dust idea as well. You’re a legend!

• Heart
@ThisIsMyDragName I tried to reply earlier and had a complete ‘mare, but in response to your post about presents, I agree with others and don’t think that decanted products are crap at all. You mentioned Radox, I like their Sleep range and it’s on offer in Sainsbury’s if you have one local to you?

Also, at the risk of sounding like Sali, Superdrug’s own brand skincare is good value for money and normally on offer, so perhaps a facial oil from one of their ranges would meet the DIY spa brief?

I second the TK Maxx recommendation too, some really great bargains on their website and normally less ‘beaten up’ than their in-store stock.

@ThisIsMyDragName I tried to reply earlier and had a complete ‘mare, but in response to your post about presents, I agree with others and don’t think that decanted products are crap at all. You mentioned Radox, I like their Sleep range and it’s on offer in Sainsbury’s if you have one local to you?

Also, at the risk of sounding like Sali, Superdrug’s own brand skincare is good value for money and normally on offer, so perhaps a facial oil from one of their ranges would meet the DIY spa brief?

I second the TK Maxx recommendation too, some really great bargains on their website and normally less ‘beaten up’ than their in-store stock.
Thanks my love! I love the Superdrug range so will get a couple of bits. And I will get some of the radox bath salts too. Hopefully this will be an excellent Christmas present. And if they don’t like them, they can send them back to me and I’ll use it!

• Heart
I see Sali's latest story is a close-up of what I presume is her dinner, since she hasn't bothered to caption it. Fascinating stuff, thanks for sharing.
I've been thinking about her troll "documentary", and I will never understand people who go out of their way to find out what others think of their (public and specifically designed to get attention) content and/or behaviour, then claim they’re being trolled and harassed when they don’t like what they find. Sorry in advance for the long, clumsy sentence. I got bored even typing it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
An alternative to the Korean mitts is the Turkish kese (pouch) which is used in hamams. I'm pretty sure it's made with the same type of cloth. The most well established brand is Kelebek (butterfly). My mother used to scrub me with it almost viciously when I was a kid (as all Turkish mothers did lol) so I used to hate it but can't live without it now. Nothing makes your skin softer and shinier. You have to use a classic bar soap and rinse yourself to get rid of your skin's natural oils before scrubbing, that's how it works best. Be careful with sensitive areas like the décolletage or damaged skin though.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I see Sali's latest story is a close-up of what I presume is her dinner, since she hasn't bothered to caption it. Fascinating stuff, thanks for sharing.
I've been thinking about her troll "documentary", and I will never understand people who go out of their way to find out what others think of their (public and specifically designed to get attention) content and/or behaviour, then claim they’re being trolled and harassed when they don’t like what they find. Sorry in advance for the long, clumsy sentence. I got bored even typing it
that glup was her dinner? Were we supposed to be impressed in some way.

her troll show was something else. I still can’t get my head around why the BBC thought it was worthy of the time, or money. Sali’s life is a complete shill nowaday. It used to be a thing watching her integrity slip away, I now question if she ever actually had any. Competition is fierce in IG influencer land, she really doesn’t have the gravitas to be something in that world, she just isn’t very good at it. And, sorry, but she still really needs to sort out that disgusting yellow tongue.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I think her refusal to engage with hugely popular Asian beauty - instead sticking with the boring old brands like Estee Lauder - is hurting her. I'm not sure who her target audience is tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think her refusal to engage with hugely popular Asian beauty - instead sticking with the boring old brands like Estee Lauder - is hurting her. I'm not sure who her target audience is tbh
yup apart from that AHC paid AD she avoids them. Or, they avoid her - and we all know, if they don’t pay her they don’t get the mentions. I have thought before about her target audience, I think in her head she sits with a much younger demographic.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.