Sali Hughes #24 She's gone totally QVC.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You’re lucky you managed to bag one. I really wanted that one, but they’d sold out!
I have Blush, it was first one I bought this time. It’s nice and would wear if I was going out 😐. Muse is lovely, a good every day colour for me. I bought a Dior Tattoo after reading an India Knight column where she was promoting it - it was awful, so very drying and total waste of money. Pissed off I bought it on the back of reading that column. I think I’ve improved now and not so influenced by people who probably are no better than me!

Reactions: 4
I’m going to pass on Muse and Jazz (which I also have my eye on) until she allows us to buy lip liners without having to get the entire set. Apparently, according to her team on IG, she has “BIG plans” for the lip liners.

Reactions: 3
The article reads like an attempt to be the beauty world’s version of Nigella Lawson. Except that the only person in the world who can get away with that amount of flowery language is Queen Nigella herself.

Reactions: 14
The article reads like an attempt to be the beauty world’s version of Nigella Lawson. Except that the only person in the world who can get away with that amount of flowery language is Queen Nigella herself.
There is so much crossover with Sali and Jack Monroe. She also loves using 30 words when 15 would do.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
There is so much crossover with Sali and Jack Monroe. She also loves using 30 words when 15 would do.
I must confess I am the same. There is no such thing as a short email in my world. However, I don’t earn my pounds and pence writing for a living!

JM seems to want to be Nigella. And I mean, I don’t blame her because it’s pretty much all I’ve wanted for myself for years (and years!). But again, La Lawson is unique. I may have a minuscule obsession with the woman, can neither confirm nor deny at this time.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
In all honesty, I like my baths to be foamy, fun and fragrant (and now with added magnesium flakes). Does this mean I must buy it all and launch it in the tub? Surely I can have all three. It’s 2020 for crying out loud.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
for new thread how about Sali Hughes: trying very hard to pay, or just very trying?

@GTL Old-Timer Velvet Jazz is proper lush, there is a Rimmel lipliner that matches it brilliantly. I am not usually big on darker lippies but that one is quite wearable. I really liked the look of Decade it was a step too dark. Muse is a great every day shade.

am saying all this and bought a Chanel lippie today (Or Cuivre) for my Christmas pressie to myself

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
the Korean mitts are incredible. It’s essential to take a soak in the tub for at least 10-15 minutes to adequately soften the skin first before exfoliating, but my goodness do they work! I tend to get deeply embedded ingrown hairs on my shins and knees and these mitts are able to banish them in one sitting. Fantastic! And they’re reusable. Putting on a rich body cream afterwards really does make my skin glow. Oh - they’re great for bumpy upper arms as well. I don’t know why I ever bothered with that ameliorate rubbish. These mitts are 10 x better. Much, much cheaper, too!
Tried them yesterday. They're so good. Thanks for the brilliant recommendation! (I was a bit hungover yesterday and felt they really brought me back to life!)

Reactions: 5
I want the mitts really badly because of the ingrown hairs situation on my shins but soaking in the bath puts me off so much. 😫

EDIT: a good hangover cure is appreciated as well! They sound better and better!

• Haha
I want the mitts really badly because of the ingrown hairs situation on my shins but soaking in the bath puts me off so much. 😫

EDIT: a good hangover cure is appreciated as well! They sound better and better!
From what I've read you don't need to bathe. You could stand in the shower and make sure your skin has been thoroughly soaked in water for a bit.

Reactions: 5
You’re lucky you managed to bag one. I really wanted that one, but they’d sold out!
Velvet Dragon is the one I really want, but is constantly sold out! I would also like to try the lip liners, but didn't want to buy any of the kits as the gloss would be superfluous for me.

I've just read the article - she keeps saying how 'arduous' the testing has been. I think she's joking but it's difficult to tell when reading it. Also - is it really so hard testing lipsticks and skincare?! As she must be comparing it to what she usually does if she is joking. Maybe I'm reading too much into this.
'Arduous' jumped out at me immediately too - if she's trying to be sarcastic it doesn't translate that way. It comes across like she doesn't know what arduous means.

It’s meant to be sarcastic / funny / whatever, but the sarcasm / irony / humour just doesn’t work out. All it achieves is feeling like a slap in the face of everybody whose working life really is arduous. Nursing and medical staff spring to mind immediately.

Thanks for pointing out an alternative to arduous bathing, @Mazerati, I can feel another visit to Amazon coming on. 😆

Reactions: 10
If I was going to be buying some treat products for two females in my life as Christmas presents, maybe to make up a bit of a ‘DIY spa at home’ kit, and I maybe didn’t have a huge amount of money to spend, what should I get? I’m thinking making something up myself might be nicer than buying a toiletries set.

Personally I’d love a bottle of the AHA peel from The Ordinary to be in my one if I was making one for myself, but I’m also thinking maybe that’s a bit risky when I don’t know if they even like that sort of thing?! I will need to post at least one of the kits although the other I can probably hand deliver in a socially distanced manner.

Radox actually make some really nice bath salts. I might get some and decant it into a small nice jar? Is that a tit present?

Sorry to permanently be derailing this thread!

Reactions: 4
I might get some and decant it into a small nice jar? Is that a tit present?
Not at all. If you can get your hands on some inexpensive apothecary looking / or just nice looking bottles and jars, you can make a lot of presents for little money. There are countless recipes for DIY oils, scrubs, balms etc. We spend more on packaging than what's inside, usually safflower or almond or apricot kernel oil which are great, but cheap.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
If I was going to be buying some treat products for two females in my life as Christmas presents, maybe to make up a bit of a ‘DIY spa at home’ kit, and I maybe didn’t have a huge amount of money to spend, what should I get? I’m thinking making something up myself might be nicer than buying a toiletries set.

Personally I’d love a bottle of the AHA peel from The Ordinary to be in my one if I was making one for myself, but I’m also thinking maybe that’s a bit risky when I don’t know if they even like that sort of thing?! I will need to post at least one of the kits although the other I can probably hand deliver in a socially distanced manner.

Radox actually make some really nice bath salts. I might get some and decant it into a small nice jar? Is that a tit present?

Sorry to permanently be derailing this thread!

You can make lovely body scrubs with sugar, coconut oil (cheapest in Asian supermarkets food section and extortionate in beauty section), sunflower oil and some aromatherapy oil. Absolute aromas make good value blends of pure essential oil.

You warm the coconut oil slightly until it’s thin enough to mix with sunflower oil and the sugar and some aromatherapy oils. Then put it in sterilised jars. Once it cools the coconut oil cools it holds it together in a nice texture.

Reactions: 6
I’m stony broke atm but I had a nice long bath last night with some Epsom salts first, rituals oil and body scrub and my beauty pie candle going and it felt so good. Still jealous of the Korean mits though!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I may be super-indulgent and go for the shower-bath-shower option tonight. I'd like a good long soak but I need to wash my hair so 💁‍♀️ I have high hopes of the mitts, and expect skin so soft that I slide straight out of bed afterwards.

Pray for my boiler.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.