Sali Hughes #24 She's gone totally QVC.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
spot on. A friend of mine opened her own hair salon a couple of years ago. My first visit she tried to waive me paying, I told her if she didn’t take it I couldn’t come back. She took it, reluctantly, but understood I didn’t want any awkwardness. It’s been fine ever since.

Sali thinks by adding in that little Jackanory bit people will see she IS A GOOD PERSON that doesn’t do shady #ADs. Oh we see you alright Sali.

p.s. The bath foam column. How many repeats do we need to endure?

You mean she 'is good people' ;)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Had not even considered the break I would need to take from retinol because I’m not very bright! Having just stepped up my regime on my face as well. Still. I could handle a beef face if it was a beef face without stubble. Lumea comes up time and time again so I will keep an eye on prices, thank you!
If you go down the Lumea route, I highly recommend downloading and using the accompanying app, which will schedule your treatments and send you notifications. A godsend, IMO! But my experience of the Lumea for face is that it hasn’t worked at all, even though I have fair skin and some dark hairs, whereas it’s been a miracle worker on my legs.

Reactions: 7
Can anyone recommend a laser/IPL hair removal device? I’m basically a bearded lady and I’m a bit fed up with it. I am quite hairy all over (thanks, wonky hormones!), but the part that really gets me down is my face. Bonus points if it is suitable for the whole body though!

I have pale skin and dark hair which I believe is what makes it have the best chance of effectiveness. I’ve probably missed all the Black Friday type deals but can hang on till the Christmas/January sales.

I feel like I might have asked before? Forgive me if so!
I mentioned on our sister thread ('Beyond skincare...') that HotandFlashy Angie - whose advice I'd usually trust - had posted a rave review about an IPL hair/dark spot remover by a company called Kenzzi. Apparently suitable for face and body.

It's £173 but currently £135 plus free shipping with a code (on the website). It comes from New Zealand so not sure if you'd have to pay import or other tax. I think it offers a money back guarantee.

Reactions: 5
Is there a sentence in that column without alliteration?

Meanwhile, here's an article about the tactics of online retailers, but is also applicable to influencers, basically middlemen for online retailers. Especially for those kindly curated limited edition kits.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
How do the LE lipsticks wear? I’ve got Velvet Ribbon and Velvet Muse in my basket but I tend towards dry lips so I’m hesitant.

Reactions: 3
The Lisa Eldridge discussions are pushing me to my (very pathetic) limits; other than my main two ‘plain’ shades, I’m trying not to buy any more lipsticks until June of next year, and man oh man are you making me want the LE Velvet range. It envokes the same feeling as when I used to walk down the bakery aisle at Sainsbury’s whilst on a low carb diet 😭

I feel very envious of your nicely-lipsticked beef faces!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
How do the LE lipsticks wear? I’ve got Velvet Ribbon and Velvet Muse in my basket but I tend towards dry lips so I’m hesitant.
They're amazing and as Sali would say "so comfy". Velvet Ribbon fades to a stain on me rather than wiping off completely after eating. And it makes my teeth look so white!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I've got velvet blush and find it really clings to any flakes if my lips are dry. It needs quite precise application but does wear down nicely once it's on. I'm not blown away by it though - I find the formula very similar to Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution.

Reactions: 3
Thank you! I’ve just taken a photo of my current supplies and may have to save it as a screensaver because my brain will not acknowledge that I DO NOT NEED MORE LIPSTICKS 😬

View attachment 335817
That tray is a thing of beauty. Teenage me wants to come over to your house and swatch them all and drink lambrini and gossip.

Edit: adult me wants to do same but with some inexpensive but very delicious French plonk.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.