Sali Hughes #24 She's gone totally QVC.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As someone who craves validation, I know it is temporary and only fills you up for a little while. It's basically like my local Chinese take away. Thankfully I'm far too up my own arse to look for it via creating an Instagram influencer gig. But I reckon once you go down that path, it can be addictive....all those likes, all the focus on one's image.
Her account would be more interesting if it weren't just headshot after relentless headshot, but she's chasing the dragon, that next dopamine hit

Plus her livelihood is tied up in it now

Instagram is a scourge. Future generations - assuming our stupid species survives - will look back on this era with scorn and bemusement

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I know. Literally thousands of gormless fans hanging off her every word, flattering her daily, and yet ... that's never enough

I guess that goes for the majority of influencers. It's so hard for me to wrap my head around, this desperate need for external validation (which, as you say, masquerades as a generous service)
I burst out laughing at the gormless fans bit*

*disclaimer- I may be a little drunk

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Is it not the same in Australia then?, can you not immediately place someone and their part of the country? I love a regional accent too, especially a strong Scouse.

EDIT: Gobsmacked like everyone else on the eyebrows and the obvious shilling that went along with them.
Oh yes to a degree, but there's less of a difference across bigger areas, if that makes sense? I can't tell in a brief conversation if someone is from Melbourne or Sydney. Whereas in the UK I noticed accents changing within 50 miles. Normally the easiest way to tell where someone is from here is the vocabulary actually (i.e. swimming costume or cossie or bathers etc). The vocab gives the state away.

Reactions: 6
This caption is unbearably smug and tone-deaf to a struggling industry.
I wonder how hard she tries to pay. She tried before apparently in May 2019.
I don't know how to copy posts from previous threads but this is from the very first Sali thread - page 16 post #315 by @Ellabella

"And her £500 microbladed eyebrows were free. (She 'tried' to pay Nez but she wouldn't take the money apparently)".

I don't know about anybody else but I would be ashamed to keep taking services from people knowing they will insist they are free and therefore the costs are passed on to others. And there always is a way to pay no matter how much the other person protests. (I am of course pretending here that this isn't a mutually beneficial ad arrangement).

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Oh yes to a degree, but there's less of a difference across bigger areas, if that makes sense? I can't tell in a brief conversation if someone is from Melbourne or Sydney. Whereas in the UK I noticed accents changing within 50 miles. Normally the easiest way to tell where someone is from here is the vocabulary actually (i.e. swimming costume or cossie or bathers etc). The vocab gives the state away.
Also from Australia, and I concur 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I wonder how hard she tries to pay. She tried before apparently in May 2019.
I don't know how to copy posts from previous threads but this is from the very first Sali thread - page 16 post #315 by @Ellabella

"And her £500 microbladed eyebrows were free. (She 'tried' to pay Nez but she wouldn't take the money apparently)".

I don't know about anybody else but I would be ashamed to keep taking services from people knowing they will insist they are free and therefore the costs are passed on to others. And there always is a way to pay no matter how much the other person protests. (I am of course pretending here that this isn't a mutually beneficial ad arrangement).
Thing is, she didn’t even need to write all that bollocks about ‘trying to pay’ for it. She could have simply stated #gifted or #presstreatment or whatever useless made up tag she normally puts on these things. But she was so desperate to let it be known what a great and thoroughly decent person she is by actually wanting to pay for something, that she’s made both herself and this Nez look worse in the end. If she’d just been #honest in the first place that would have been better all round. If she’s been to the salon previously, she must have known the owner was not going to accept payment from her...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Thing is, she didn’t even need to write all that bollocks about ‘trying to pay’ for it. She could have simply stated #gifted or #presstreatment or whatever useless made up tag she normally puts on these things. But she was so desperate to let it be known what a great and thoroughly decent person she is by actually wanting to pay for something, that she’s made both herself and this Nez look worse in the end. If she’d just been #honest in the first place that would have been better all round. If she’s been to the salon previously, she must have known the owner was not going to accept payment from her...
Bet she would be paying for it next time if there was no post on Instagram

Reactions: 9
Column today: bath foams and oils. And of course, the foam beard was pulled out for this year’s outing. Otherwise the column is so bland I forgot about everything else by the time I came over here to post.
🥱

Reactions: 2
I don't understand how a shower with synthetic products gives her cystitis yet a one hour bath doesn't?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Pretty disingenuous!

Reactions: 3
The whole first paragraph of today's Graun post is redundant. This is her pattern - acres of superfluous verbal preening taking up space which could be used for a couple more products.

Reactions: 13
The whole first paragraph of today's Graun post is redundant. This is her pattern - acres of superfluous verbal preening taking up space which could be used for a couple more products.
Yeah! Like our thread favourite, magnesium salts! She missed a trick there. They are probably not cosseting enough for our Sali (or there are no affiliate links available for her to shill).

Reactions: 10
Yeah! Like our thread favourite, magnesium salts! She missed a trick there. They are probably not cosseting enough for our Sali (or there are no affiliate links available for her to shill).
She could have divided it into people who like and/or can tolerate fragrance without getting cystitis , and those who can only have unfragranced/therapeutic baths with products like magnesium salts or Oilatum. I'm surprised that baths don't exacerbate her ichthyosis. I have eczema prone skin and have to ration baths, plus I can't use scented products in them.

Yeah it just doesn't add up, does it.
I'm currently in the bath (I need to try the Korean mitts!) with Tesco kids bubble gum. Now THAT is cheap.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
spot on. A friend of mine opened her own hair salon a couple of years ago. My first visit she tried to waive me paying, I told her if she didn’t take it I couldn’t come back. She took it, reluctantly, but understood I didn’t want any awkwardness. It’s been fine ever since.

Sali thinks by adding in that little Jackanory bit people will see she IS A GOOD PERSON that doesn’t do shady #ADs. Oh we see you alright Sali.

p.s. The bath foam column. How many repeats do we need to endure?

• Heart
Reading this thread is dangerous, I’ve got magnesium flakes and nuface on my wish list thanks to all your recommendations. I see Sali is still peddling expensive tit no one needs in a pandemic rather than exploring how to get better value for money. For example all the amazing bath salt/bombs tutorials out there to make your own bath products in bulk for cheaper. Also an at home laminate kit for your eyebrows is a cheap easy option to beef up your brows rather than shilling her friends services for hundreds of pounds. Or using those beard dying kits to tints your brows instead. So many cheaper options she ignores because they don’t personally make her money.

Psst. Potato Scallops Forever. If you know, you know.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.