Sali Hughes #24 She's gone totally QVC.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It might be lockdown placebo but I have been pretty religious about Jamaican black castor oil since about April and I think mine look thicker. I also tint every couple of weeks to catch all the tiny hairs. I over-plucked them once at about 19 or 20 and they never grew back. Should’ve listened to my mum.

Reactions: 6
If you’ve got gappy eyebrows (like me) then it helps to have hairs drawn in. I hate having to do mine every morning! I’m considering a fringe!
A fringe is a godsend for this. How do you fill the gaps? I love the way Katie Jane Hughes can do hers with the Glossier Brow Flick, but I have a similar eyebrow pen and just don't have the skill or lightness of touch to get the same effect.

Reactions: 2
It might be lockdown placebo but I have been pretty religious about Jamaican black castor oil since about April and I think mine look thicker. I also tint every couple of weeks to catch all the tiny hairs. I over-plucked them once at about 19 or 20 and they never grew back. Should’ve listened to my mum.
I'm glad I listened to my aunt in the 90s and left mine alone, despite the 'plucked to oblivion' look that was in fashion at the time.
She had plucked hers to death in the 70s and they never grew back properly, so she warned me not to do it.

Reactions: 4
I absolutely love Diorshow Brow Styler as recommended by Gisele Bündchen. So easy to use.

Reactions: 1
A Phillips Lumea question, would you go corded or cordless? Amazon have a corded one for £200, it has two attachments. I would mainly use it on my face and lower legs (I have been a slave to waxing and have gloriously sparse regrowth).

I have always been tempted but they just seem so expensive.

Thanks all. xx
Mine is both too but find it easier to do face without the cord. Not a massive thing though and would be just as easy with the cord

Just read the Scotsman article . Thanks for sharing @Jade Mitzi and for reminding me of it @Tesla's Ghost.
Good article! But isn’t it beyond sad that an article like this one where the writer does at least a minimum of research (I.e. reading Tattle 😂) stands out among Sali’s BBC „documentary“ and the flankers that were published / broadcast when Sali’s piece came out. I mean, doing your research shouldn’t be commendable in any way - it’s a newspaper writer’s basic work. The equivalent would be praising a chef for actually peeling the potatoes before serving them.
I don’t think I’ve expressed myself very well here but I’m a bit angry yet again at Sali’s sloppy work ethic and loads of people who should no better taking no issue, but promoting her instead.
Still fuming at her bragging about the Vogue article taking her twenty minutes to write. Yeah, why not? It’s the research and fact checking that takes up most of the time. Banging out pseudo quaint phrases and lube analogies can be done in minutes.

Sorry, don’t know what’s wrong with me, should probably check my coffee and sugar intake. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 18
My daughter recently bought a kit for eyelash lift. It worked perfectly for her and it’s a really good result. She said if I did a patch test she would do mine. I’m a bit wary though as had to buy a magnifying glass to read ingredients on stuff and what if it got in my eyes? :oops:

• Wow
My daughter recently bought a kit for eyelash lift. It worked perfectly for her and it’s a really good result. She said if I did a patch test she would do mine. I’m a bit wary though as had to buy a magnifying glass to read ingredients on stuff and what if it got in my eyes? :oops:
Would you find out the name of the kit, please? I’ve seen a few online that I am very keen to try.

Reactions: 4
Pampered Wolf on YouTube did a tutorial on this last week. I don't dare personally but if you want to take one for the team then...

Reactions: 1
Just read the Scotsman article . Thanks for sharing @Jade Mitzi and for reminding me of it @Tesla's Ghost.
Good article! But isn’t it beyond sad that an article like this one where the writer does at least a minimum of research (I.e. reading Tattle 😂) stands out among Sali’s BBC „documentary“ and the flankers that were published / broadcast when Sali’s piece came out. I mean, doing your research shouldn’t be commendable in any way - it’s a newspaper writer’s basic work. The equivalent would be praising a chef for actually peeling the potatoes before serving them.
I don’t think I’ve expressed myself very well here but I’m a bit angry yet again at Sali’s sloppy work ethic and loads of people who should no better taking no issue, but promoting her instead.
Still fuming at her bragging about the Vogue article taking her twenty minutes to write. Yeah, why not? It’s the research and fact checking that takes up most of the time. Banging out pseudo quaint phrases and lube analogies can be done in minutes.

Sorry, don’t know what’s wrong with me, should probably check my coffee and sugar intake. 🤦🏻‍♀️
About Sali’s call to get Tattle shut down. It’s not just about her is it and who does she think she is to call that? I don’t go into other threads much other than I read the CH (don’t get me started if you won’t spend the money on your face and rather buy a handbag bs 😡) but I did look at the food and drink one and it’s just people chatting about this and that and having a nice time. Recently it was about crisp sandwiches - and they come across as a nice bunch. What I’m saying is it’s not all slagging as people might think. Some though is warranted, as we know 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
About Sali’s call to get Tattle shut down. It’s not just about her is it and who does she think she is to call that? I don’t go into other threads much other than I read the CH (don’t get me started if you won’t spend the money on your face and rather buy a handbag bs 😡) but I did look at the food and drink one and it’s just people chatting about this and that and having a nice time. Recently it was about crisp sandwiches - and they come across as a nice bunch. What I’m saying is it’s not all slagging as people might think. Some though is warranted, as we know 😂
I do agree there are many light and friendly threads but there are also many (MANY) threads which, for me, cross lines. (Mrs Hinch, Harry & Meghan, Mrs Meldrum, Celebrity Gossip at times)

Reactions: 11
So true. Incidental even on her own thread. Barely mentioned amongst the beauty product and general chat and camaraderie.
When she keeps going on about how her husband and children and assistant are mercilessly bullied here even the the most casual reader can see this is not true and never ever has been.
The assistant was mentioned a couple of times very early on then inserted herself into it all by spying on members and tweeting stupidly provocative stuff. There is only one person who keeps banging on about her appearance :unsure:
Husband mentioned in passing a handful of times.
Children ditto. And always only in the fact she has children.
For the past few threads Sali has been so dull most comments have been about her ill matched foundation and odd makeup choices. And sometimes like today her dodgy #gifted #notanad posts.
How radio 4 thought this was worth a piece is baffling tbh.
Still hopefully the tide is turning against these ones who chose to monetise their lives then shout 'bully' when people comment on it.

Reactions: 13
When she keeps going on about how her husband and children and assistant are mercilessly bullied here even the the most casual reader can see this is not true and never ever has been.
The assistant was mentioned a couple of times very early on then inserted herself into it all by spying on members and tweeting stupidly provocative stuff. There is only one person who keeps banging on about her appearance :unsure:
Husband mentioned in passing a handful of times.
Children ditto. And always only in the fact she has children.
For the past few threads Sali has been so dull most comments have been about her ill matched foundation and odd makeup choices. And sometimes like today her dodgy #gifted #notanad posts.
How radio 4 thought this was worth a piece is baffling tbh.
Still hopefully the tide is turning against these ones who chose to monetise their lives then shout 'bully' when people comment on it.
Did the BBC ever respond to the complaints about the documentary?

Hello, absolutely do not try this at home, but I have naturally black eyebrows and eyelashes and I tint them myself at home with hair dye.
I strongly suspect that one day I will have that reaction where my whole head swells up so my eyes are closed up, but until that day....
Love that Sali is showing off her greying temples in that photo.
Edit- dark brown hair dye, I’m not totally daft

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.