Sali Hughes #24 She's gone totally QVC.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She totally knows she is flouting the rules too with all the pass-agg captions under her non-Ads :rolleyes:
And how much must this freebie be worth to the eyebrow woman? Say 1 treatment is Ā£250. Sali gets her freebie which she then proceeds to shill on Instagram and/or her Guardian column. Let's say 20 people (probably an underestimation) contact Nez after seeing Sali's recommendation and 15 then go for a treatment that's Ā£3750 from a couple of hours unpaid work. Sweeeet.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
And how much must this freebie be worth to the eyebrow woman? Say 1 treatment is Ā£250. Sali gets her freebie which she then proceeds to shill on Instagram and/or her Guardian column. Let's say 20 people (probably an underestimation) contact Nez after seeing Sali's recommendation and 15 then go for a treatment that's Ā£3750 from a couple of hours unpaid work. Sweeeet.
Nez charges Ā£500-600 for eyebrows alone. Eyelashes, nails, etc., are extra. So youā€™re looking at Ā£10-12k for a couple of hours of unpaid work, minimum.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
A Phillips Lumea question, would you go corded or cordless? Amazon have a corded one for Ā£200, it has two attachments. I would mainly use it on my face and lower legs (I have been a slave to waxing and have gloriously sparse regrowth).

I have always been tempted but they just seem so expensive.

Thanks all. xx

Reactions: 1
A Phillips Lumea question, would you go corded or cordless? Amazon have a corded one for Ā£200, it has two attachments. I would mainly use it on my face and lower legs (I have been a slave to waxing and have gloriously sparse regrowth).

Thanks all. xx
Go for cordless. I have corded and it's annoying. But I bought it cheap off ebay reseller.

Thanks all. xx
I have corded and I was told that was the best option at the time. Cant remember why though

Edit- mine is dual functioning. I always use it with the cord though

Attachments

Nez charges Ā£500-600 for eyebrows alone. Eyelashes, nails, etc., are extra. So youā€™re looking at Ā£10-12k for a couple of hours of unpaid work, minimum.
Wow! In the little salon I had my brows down in my home town its Ā£250 for microblading incl a top up after 2 weeks! This woman must be raking it in (although I would imagine the amount of people who can afford to spend that much on brows must be somewhat limited)

Wow! In the little salon I had my brows down in my home town its Ā£250 for microblading incl a top up after 2 weeks! This woman must be raking it in (although I would imagine the amount of people who can afford to spend that much on brows must be somewhat limited)
Iā€™m pretty sure there are a lot of people who can afford to pay that, both in London and those who are willing to travel. I follow Nez on IG and she does work abroad, too. So all this free advertising has undoubtedly helped raise her profile.

Might be another one for the ASA?
I really wish the ASA would start taking it a bit more seriously. The grifting is really ugly and the effect it can have on people should be addressed. Do people just not report them?

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Iā€™m pretty sure there are a lot of people who can afford to pay that, both in London and those who are willing to travel. I follow Nez on IG and she does work abroad, too. So all this free advertising has undoubtedly helped raise her profile.
Well, it's a different world! Because if I told my friends I was having my eyebrows tattooed on for Ā£600 their response would be...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
No idea - but she should definitely have stayed with her šŸ’…
No idea, either. One thing I distinctly remember about Daxita is that she gave Sali her daal recipe. Sali said so openly on IG. Now, whenever she makes it and people ask her for the recipe she says ā€œitā€™s my own recipeā€. What a backstabbing cow.

Ā£500/ Ā£600 for eyebrows? Jesus christ, a tint costs a few quid
Weā€™re talking microblading, not threading. There is a lot of skill involved - I wouldnā€™t go to Nez though. Everyone comes out with blocky looking eyebrows.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Maybe Daxita told her "duck you and your eyebrows"

No idea, either. One thing I distinctly remember about Daxita is that she gave Sali her daal recipe. Sali said so openly on IG. Now, whenever she makes it and people ask her for the recipe she says ā€œitā€™s my own recipeā€. What a backstabbing cow.

Weā€™re talking microblading, not threading. There is a lot of skill involved - I wouldnā€™t go to Nez though. Everyone comes out with blocky looking eyebrows.
I know but my point is that microblading seems to me to be a waste of time especially when you can just tint them for next to nothing

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Maybe Daxita told her "duck you and your eyebrows"

I know but my point is that microblading seems to me to be a waste of time especially when you can just tint them for next to nothing
If youā€™ve got gappy eyebrows (like me) then it helps to have hairs drawn in. I hate having to do mine every morning! Iā€™m considering a fringe!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.