Sali Hughes #24 She's gone totally QVC.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am so tempted to get the Lumea the next time it’s on sale after seeing the recommendations here, will be monitoring amazon. I swear shaving my legs may be my least favourite body maintenance job.

To my Australian ear Sali's accent sounds 'put-on' if that makes sense? I lived in London for a few years and found I could tell when Brits were trying to neutralise their accent. I'm sure I did it subconsciously too actually. (I love the rich varirty of accents in Britain & Ireland, its fun trying to figure out where someone is from.)

Reactions: 6
:sick::sick::sick: That clip.
The worst analogy ever. And so insensitive. Tramples through years of reassuring women vaginal dryness is not their fault and perfectly normal and nothing to be ashamed of 👏👏👏

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This caption is unbearably smug and tone-deaf to a struggling industry.
Oh so these procedures she is open about 🥴 And seriously she can duck off with #gifted. It means nothing as she well knows. It is an #ad. Or she wouldn't bloody put it on insta. Why was she given it for free otherwise?
How many times does it have to be said that money does not have to change hands for it to be declared as an ad?

Reactions: 14
Not crazy on the eyebrows
I've got naturally thick dark eyebrows (I'm Asian) and went to get them threaded today. I've always kept them thick but today I was thinking I really don't want to have have insta brow look like Sali, etc.

Luckily my eyebrow lady said thicker looks better as it's your natural shape otherwise would have made her make them super thin 🙈. Definitely think brows should match your features and natural shape so glad I'm kept them!

Reactions: 9
Oh so these procedures she is open about 🥴 And seriously she can duck off with #gifted. It means nothing as she well knows. It is an #ad. Or she wouldn't bloody put it on insta. Why was she given it for free otherwise?
How many times does it have to be said that money does not have to change hands for it to be declared as an ad?
You know, for all the flak that the Pixiwoo sisters get, at least they pay for their fillers, eyebrows, etc. I trust what they say. Sali can’t have been trying that hard to pay Nez if the other two manage it.

Another thing that bugs me about Sali, and that I find highly suspect, is that she switched from her original breast surgeon of choice to a Mr Malucci in London (who has a high profile on social media) and she only paid ten grand for boob reduction job. That’s VERY reasonable for London! Something smells off.

Sure she claims that her original surgeon wasn’t available so she chose someone else, but when it comes to having surgeries of this nature - you don’t just hop on board with whoever has the first opening. It’s very weird and highly unethical for her to speak about this so nonchalantly knowing so many (vulnerable) women hang on her every word. I would hate to think other followers would do something similar and end up with a not so great result.

I've got naturally thick dark eyebrows (I'm Asian) and went to get them threaded today. I've always kept them thick but today I was thinking I really don't want to have have insta brow look like Sali, etc.

Luckily my eyebrow lady said thicker looks better as it's your natural shape otherwise would have made her make them super thin 🙈. Definitely think brows should match your features and natural shape so glad I'm kept them!
I definitely think you should go with what suits your features. Sali’s eyebrows now dominate her face. Not a good look. They were better before in the Daxita days.

Reactions: 14
Both of them know a bunch of photos on IG is worth more than whatever those cartoonish brows normally cost

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Both of them know a bunch of photos on IG is worth more than whatever those cartoonish brows normally cost
Yes I'm fed up with regurgitating the very simple ASA rules that they seem to find so baffling #honest

Reactions: 8
Sali: they’re discussing my boobs and my Welshness AGAIN!

@GTL Old-Timer I thought there was something odd about the surgeon switching as well. It didn’t make sense for somebody to research the procedures, do all the preparatory consultations and than do a sudden switch. Whatever the motives - it doesn’t sound convincing. Even it was just impatience as she claims.
That sounds even worse actually. Worse as in even more irresponsible.

She really thinks people are idiots.
And that of course is what people resent more than anything else and why they scuttle to this sewer to dwell in and vent their anger. 🤬

Well, dissatisfaction with the service she offers. 😂

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
This caption is unbearably smug and tone-deaf to a struggling industry.
I just cringed myself inside out. What a load of tosh, of course she could pay. Is it even tagged as an AD which it clearly is then Sal? I can't face watching that cringe fest again to check.

I am so tempted to get the Lumea the next time it’s on sale after seeing the recommendations here, will be monitoring amazon. I swear shaving my legs may be my least favourite body maintenance job.

To my Australian ear Sali's accent sounds 'put-on' if that makes sense? I lived in London for a few years and found I could tell when Brits were trying to neutralise their accent. I'm sure I did it subconsciously too actually. (I love the rich varirty of accents in Britain & Ireland, its fun trying to figure out where someone is from.)
Is it not the same in Australia then?, can you not immediately place someone and their part of the country? I love a regional accent too, especially a strong Scouse.

EDIT: Gobsmacked like everyone else on the eyebrows and the obvious shilling that went along with them.

Reactions: 4
EDIT: Gobsmacked like everyone else on the eyebrows and the obvious shilling that went along with them.
Its not the first time she has done it either. She also said that when she made a video about it last year. So Nez Hasan, in exchange for free brows, lashes, presumably nails, gets free publicity on Sali’s IG and gets a Guardian column mention.

She makes me sick

• Angry
Its not the first time she has done it either. She also said that when she made a video about it last year. So Nez Hasan, in exchange for free brows, lashes, presumably nails, gets free publicity on Sali’s IG and gets a Guardian column mention.

She makes me sick
But, oh oh, she has no 'obligation' to mention these freebies, of course. She's just doing it from the goodness of her tiny heart as she just gets asked "all the time" who does her brows.

I think this is my key irritation point with these influencers, they way they act like they are providing information as a little favour for us. Just two pals chatting and passing on tips. Ugh. Sod off.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
But, oh oh, she has no 'obligation' to mention these freebies, of course. She's just doing it from the goodness of her tiny heart as she just gets asked "all the time" who does her brows.

I think this is my key irritation point with these influencers, they way they act like they are providing information as a little favour for us. Just two pals chatting and passing on tips. Ugh. Sod off.
She totally knows she is flouting the rules too with all the pass-agg captions under her non-Ads :rolleyes:

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.