Sali Hughes #24 She's gone totally QVC.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

This is the one that I follow. I love her manner.
I really love this tool - it takes a bit of commitment but omg I really noticed a difference after a few days. Tighter on my cheekbones and forehead.
I use a basic Superdrug Vit E oil. I think you can use any oil as long as the Gua Sha does not drag.
I think it is worth watching a few YT tutorials and see what suits in terms of length of routine.
Your skin will go red - which could be alarming but it shows it is doing its job. Fades after a couple of minutes.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yeah the red is just increased circulation. I just love Gua Sha

Oh to share another tip- we spoke here before about eyebrow tinting. I used Refectocil natural brown but found it a bit too warm for my colouring. I found another brand which was a lot cooler in colour but faded after a few days. I've since discovered that if you mix Refectocil natural brown and Graphite it makes the colour a lot cooler. Tinted my brows a week ago and the tint still hasn't faded. Delighted!

Reactions: 8
Just out the bath and scrubbed with mitt. I don’t stay in the bath too long but feet are thankful so are arms - feel smoother. Thanks @GTL Old-Timer ! And my daughter saw them and said she’d wanted them so good all round.

Reactions: 7
Just had a thought. Do you think if Estee Lauder released a Gua Sha tool with their brand emblazoned on it that Sali would say "have long since loved them, used them for ages"

• Haha
Reactions: 27
How does it feel, @GTL Old-Timer? I’ve never not been one (except for the greys, I mean).
Strange because I am so used to seeing bright, blonde hair in the mirror. But in a way it feels like coming home. I don’t know if you all remember my writing last year that I dyed my mousey brown hair blonde after recovering from what was essentially a years-long breakdown? I was embarrassed by how far I’d let myself go when depressed and wanted to change my appearance so I wouldn’t be recognised by the people who so frequently saw me in that state.

My hair isn’t yet my natural colour, but I definitely feel more like myself. It felt like a weight had been removed from my shoulders yesterday. So much so that I actually wept a little on the way home.

Good, happy tears though. ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 32
She's also snobby about Asian beauty. As we've seen here that's a big mistake as there is much to discover. She said before that jade rollers and gua sha are just pampering but don't do anything. I beg to differ, the best thing I got for my face recently was a Gua Sha tool that cost me about 5 quid.
I do believe that snooty attitude to Asian beauty (despite all the high tech research that goes into many brands) is down to racism. She believes it to be inferior to the western approach. Unless of course the brands in question are lining her palms, which AHC (and perhaps Shiseido and Suqqu) have clearly done.

@GTL Old-Timer please keep us updated with the look fantastic offers and codes! You are a million per cent better than any influencer
Hahaha! Will do, though they’ve gone quiet at the moment. x

Hi GTL, loving the new locks - how did the smalls react? Did they even notice?
hi! Oh yes, they definitely noticed. My son had (and still has) a silly grin on his face while twisting my hair around his fingers. One of my daughters promptly cried when I walked in the door and blew her a kiss. The other daughter has not stopped frowning at me. They all insisted on cuddles and kisses at bedtime though, so I am counting that as a win.

My wife, who has only ever known my as a blonde, likes it. Bonus!

What do you lubricate your face with?
You clearly missed the moisturiser as lubricant discussion... 🤢

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Maintenance Moisturiser. 3-in-1 product, even if you’re not there yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hi @melfish, so nice you’re back! I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been well and I hope that things are looking up for you.

The lubricant-moisturiser analogy was used by Sali in a moisturiser video but my brain is refusing to remember the exact wording. It was so forced and embarrassing, not to mention strangely disgusting. Foreplay was also mentioned at some point.

Wow - that’s a nice welcome post from me 🙈. Sorry, it’s late and I can’t sleep.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Wasn't it something like silicones in moisturiser is like lube but moisturisers without silicone are like being 'wet' after foreplay and therefore better? Or something along those awful lines

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I‘m not so good at recognising accents, but I’m very interested in accents and varieties of Englisch. What is she actually trying to emulate @DCICassieStuart ? Hiding her origins? Trying to sound cool? I do notice that she sounds a bit forced most of the time.

Reactions: 2
I‘m not so good at recognising accents, but I’m very interested in accents and varieties of Englisch. What is she actually trying to emulate @DCICassieStuart ? Hiding her origins? Trying to sound cool? I do notice that she sounds a bit forced most of the time.
I suspect definitely trying to hide her origins because she doesn't sound the slightest bit Welsh, to me anyway.
Also, trying to sound 'posh' I think. Like people who adapt a 'phone voice'.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.