Sali Hughes #24 She's gone totally QVC.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Look at this! Sharpening tweezers with a nail file! GENIUS!

Why the duck isn’t Sustainability Sali writing this kind of article?????

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I love this thread so much, and not just for the snark. I am going to buy the exfoliating mitts and also going to start having baths with magnesium flakes. I have gained so much knowledge and loads of tips/recs from reading here. Anyone else sometimes see a great tip here and take a screenshot? I do! 🙋‍♀️ My phone is bloody full of them!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@melfish its good to see you! I was actually thinking about you in the shower this morning and hoping you’re ok and then boom! You’re back.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Why the duck isn’t Sustainability Sali writing this kind of article?????
Because she is deeply conservative at heart (with a small c) and in thrall to the large beauty houses, and the idea that beauty is only glamorous and pampering and expensive (with the occasional pov face bone thrown to beef faced incels).

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@melfish its good to see you! I was actually thinking about you in the shower this morning and hoping you’re ok and then boom! You’re back.
Hi Boston and Skididdly! I always assume people don't think about me when I'm not there. It's nice to be missed 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think Sali is also totally old fashioned. For instance, during lockdown, people who have been spending haven't necessarily been buying 'spendy, treaty' creams, people have been looking for more results driven products. That's why sales of devices like the Nuface have shot up. I read an article on that recently somewhere so I'm not pulling it out of my ass!

She's also snobby about Asian beauty. As we've seen here that's a big mistake as there is much to discover. She said before that jade rollers and gua sha are just pampering but don't do anything. I beg to differ, the best thing I got for my face recently was a Gua Sha tool that cost me about 5 quid.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Sorry to be so late commenting on this and dragging it up but I missed a large chunk here of Oct/Nov and just going through old threads see she called here 'a rat filled sewer' (or words to that effect). Omg. This from a woman who is chums with a p*a*ophile and his wife who helped him escape prison.
Hardly compares to 'ooh has she lied about having botox?'

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
What do magnesium flakes do, please?
I think they were recommended on here to help relax you, so great for muscle pain (of which I am currently suffering immensely and the baths have helped a lot more than pain) and also helps relax you for sleepy time. Better, apparently, than Epsom salts. And I believe you can mix them with something scented to make your bath feel as relaxing as it really is.

Honestly, this thread has been life changing! Not only is there a lovely friendly feel here, but there are tips on products that come from a genuine place, so I am now making more conscious and appropriate purchases. I’ve also become so much more wary of the ‘reviews’ I see on Instagram, where I was previously sucked in. I’ve also removed a lot of people from my social media who seemed to live solely off freebies. Not only is is unnecessary but it was painting this image of a life I was never going to live.
I’m a big fan of you all. And I imagine that is truly the most galling thing to those who wish to refer to us as a ‘dragging site’. We might actually be good people.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
What do magnesium flakes do, please?
Hi GTL, loving the new locks - how did the smalls react? Did they even notice?

I’ve just sharpened my tweezers. Such a miracle.
I am a magnesium bath evangelist. I only use Epsom salts at the moment but will upgrade when this sack is done.
The magnesium relaxes your muscles, has a slight softening effect on the skin and is all round cheap and easy to add to a bath.

Magnesium salts are amazing in a bath just before bed. I drop right off. Buy cheap and in bulk if possible, as you have to use quite a lot.

I think they were recommended on here to help relax you, so great for muscle pain (of which I am currently suffering immensely and the baths have helped a lot more than pain) and also helps relax you for sleepy time. Better, apparently, than Epsom salts. And I believe you can mix them with something scented to make your bath feel as relaxing as it really is.

Honestly, this thread has been life changing! Not only is there a lovely friendly feel here, but there are tips on products that come from a genuine place, so I am now making more conscious and appropriate purchases. I’ve also become so much more wary of the ‘reviews’ I see on Instagram, where I was previously sucked in. I’ve also removed a lot of people from my social media who seemed to live solely off freebies. Not only is is unnecessary but it was painting this image of a life I was never going to live.
I’m a big fan of you all. And I imagine that is truly the most galling thing to those who wish to refer to us as a ‘dragging site’. We might actually be good people.
That's the thing. Sali used to talk about how her readers were smart and discerning and not to toot our own horns but that is us. We were all readers and then we realised something had changed.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My 2lb tub says to use half of the tub per bath! I don't recall exactly how much it cost maybe €8. I obviously did not use half the tub because that would cost me a fortune.

Reactions: 1
I got my Gua Sha routine here:

She uses multiple Gua Sha tools but I just use this one:

I actually have two of the same so I can do both sides of my face/ jaw at the same time.
Thanks! I bought a different shape to that, but it should work the same

Reactions: 1
My 2lb tub says to use half of the tub per bath! I don't recall exactly how much it cost maybe €8. I obviously did not use half the tub because that would cost me a fortune.
It really is better to use the amount they say, but I understand the reluctance! Bigger sacks of it are better value, but obviously you have to store and carry those.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.