Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah Heather Shimmer, made us all look dead but we loved it so.

Throw on a bit of Lipcote for that added no moisture look 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 12
lipcote never worked on me! My best friend wore Heather Shimmer with a lipcote topping and her lippy never budged. If I painted it over my Coffee Shimmer (I also had an Avon one I loved, fudge or cappuccino or something) it cracked and flaked off so I had to reapply constantly 😞 I could never get my fringe to stay stuck up either, however much Shock Waves I put in it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
It was deadly stuff. My memories of the last moments before leaving the house for a night out were me and my mates trying to natter through non moving lips while The Cote set.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Can anybody remember if any influencers did an unboxing of Sali’s Cult Beauty box?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Is anyone else annoyed that Jamie Genevieve is an upcoming ITB guest? Imagine going from the likes of Mary Greenwell and Sam McKnight to... an instagram influencer. Hope it's not a sign of what's to come.

• Haha
  • Sad
Is anyone else annoyed that Jamie Genevieve is an upcoming ITB guest? Imagine going from the likes of Mary Greenwell and Sam McKnight to... an instagram influencer. Hope it's not a sign of what's to come.
Looking at the old Sali who criticised Kylie's fillers and denied knowing who the Kardashians were yes it is surprising. Looking at the new blinged up, eyebrow tattooed instagram shiller she has become it seems like a natural progression.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hope it's not a sign of what's to come.
It's the same as it's been for ages tbf - only featuring guests who are promoting a product or line. This one just sticks out more because of the aggressive Instagram aesthetic of the guest. But afaik she's not had a non-commercial guest for ages? I think that's just the purpose of the videos these days.

It's the same as it's been for ages tbf - only featuring guests who are promoting a product or line. This one just sticks out more because of the aggressive Instagram aesthetic of the guest. But afaik she's not had a non-commercial guest for ages? I think that's just the purpose of the videos these days.
I'm not that bothered if they have a brand to promote (as long as they mention other brands, too). I'm more bothered about the fact that it's gone from proper beauty industry legends who are credible to fake overdone Instagram girls. It doesn't seem to align with Sali's aesthetic or her audience.

A small observation, but for years Sali has banged on about how eyeliner should not be worn on the waterline, as it gives an 'old fashioned' look. I have never agreed with her on that, but this new look she's rocking (everything she's previously been scathing of: visible botox/fillers, foundation a shade or two darker than your skin, huge manicured eyebrows, loads of highlighter) includes eyeliner on the waterline. It's hardly Watergate, but I am genuinely baffled by this transformation, and the ease with which she has pivoted to instagrammer after years of flat-out snark towards 'instagram make up', influencers and certain makeup looks. What is the game plan here?

And I agree that this transformation also includes the sellout of her ITB series, which she has previously claimed is not advertorial for celebs/brands. I mean, that ship sailed a while ago, but it would be interesting to see her at least attempt to find an interviewee who isn't actively promoting something.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
A small observation, but for years Sali has banged on about how eyeliner should not be worn on the waterline, as it gives an 'old fashioned' look. I have never agreed with her on that, but this new look she's rocking (everything she's previously been scathing of: visible botox/fillers, foundation a shade or two darker than your skin, huge manicured eyebrows, loads of highlighter) includes eyeliner on the waterline. It's hardly Watergate, but I am genuinely baffled by this transformation, and the ease with which she has pivoted to instagrammer after years of flat-out snark towards 'instagram make up', influencers and certain makeup looks. What is the game plan here?

And I agree that this transformation also includes the sellout of her ITB series, which she has previously claimed is not advertorial for celebs/brands. I mean, that ship sailed a while ago, but it would be interesting to see her at least attempt to find an interviewee who isn't actively promoting something.
Thing is with Sali is she has such definitive opinions on things that she leaves no room for a change of that opinion on things. We all change our minds about stuff all the time, but she is always so scathing of the opposing position that when she then takes on that look, style, brand, whatever it is, she leaves herself wide open to criticism.

eta - and she thinks nobody else remembers what she has said previously!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yeah we all change our minds but it's the absolutist nature of Sali that grates, she's often written whole articles about why such and such is a no no. I don't think it matters who the ITB guest will be, it will be unwatchable either way

Reactions: 10
I know they have different lid shapes, but looking at Sam Chapman's recent post and Sali's, you wouldn't think they're using the same palettes. Sam has made it look high-end and interesting, Sali's looks flat and like a bog-standard palette.

Sadly, my eyes are more hooded than Blazin Squad so they'd both be wasted on me and my barely visible upper lash line.

• Haha
  • Heart
That make up application is appalling, absolutely nothing about that suggests she’s an expert in her field.

Merching those necklaces Sal?
I like the padlock one. There. I've said it. You can ban me now.

Edit: €292. Cripes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
No need to ban you, I'm sure a Tattle mod will be along to delete this positive comment any second now

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.