Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh dear. In a way I feel *slightly* sorry for Sali. Someone somewhere told her an amusing tweet could be expanded into a whole feature. The trouble is twitter is an echo chamber where dissenters are weeded out so she no doubt believed her followers clapping like seals telling her how marvellous and witty she was - so she ran with it. I suppose the whole article was meant to be lightweight and amusing rather than actually useful.
Reminds me I looked at a (cheap) scrabble set last year for a Christmas present and it was £25. Board games are stupidly expensive.

Reactions: 13
Living on the opposite side of the world meant I missed all the exciting tea chat! Alas.
I lived in Kent for a year at 18 and was introduced to Yorkshire tea and now it’s my go to. Thankfully they are for sale at the supermarket here in Aus and not priced too badly given it’s an import. I also must confess an affection for exorbitantly priced Fortnum and Mason blends😅 But day to day, for obvious £$ reasons, Yorkshire is my love.

That Observer article is so many levels of gross and you all have voiced everything I would say.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So which of you beefy faced trolls is this? 😂
We are ALL beef faced trolls on this blessed day

I also must confess an affection for exorbitantly priced Fortnum and Mason blends
Me too! My Earl Grey wankery knows no bounds

Uh oh, she's going to say we migrated from here to Facebook. Instead of going for the most likely explanation of the people on facebook didn't like the article either
I wonder if she'll assign us likely matching identities from FB posters based on their posting? It'll be like twin towns - we'll each have to go and visit our assigned counterpart sewer rat and bring commemorative gifts!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Anyone seen her IGTV this morning?! I was too distracted by her yellow cheeks and forehead to pay attention to the products.

Sali, love, you’re wearing the wrong shade of foundation. You’re not as bronzed as you think you are and it looks naff AF.

EAFA1992-DADA-4E5F-B5C8-6F012A28E877.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Totally agree re the foundation shade - her neck is at least 2 shades lighter than her face. The worse angle for a photo she could have chosen! I dislike this glowy look as well. To me it just looks like the t zone is greasy and needs a good blotting and powder.

Reactions: 12
The eye shadow is interesting :poop:
For me, the best part is the not at all forced bare shoulder.

flashdancesweater.jpg
❤

---------------------------------------------------------------

1604999493398.png

Was she saying how ITBW is not about pushing someone's products? :D An interview with an influencer, can't wait for what will be an interesting chat. If nothing else, will Sali be able to be completely honest about Jamie's "Instagram look"? Although, with her recent choice of eyebrows she seems to be jumping camp. Nothing wrong with changing your mind, just sayin', ok?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Just watched Sali's IGTV. She has the pace of an Aldi check out cashier putting your big shop through..but less engaging and informative.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I've never seen her do anything other than a brown all over the lid eyeshadow.

Reactions: 3
Did she really call Ateh Jewel and her choices for her box bougie/boujee? Normal Sali language. 🙄

Also, I'm no expert, but I don't think it means what she thinks it means? Or has the meaning changed?

Reactions: 4
Did she really call Ateh Jewel and her choices for her box bougie/boujee? Normal Sali language. 🙄

Also, I'm no expert, but I don't think it means what she thinks it means? Or has the meaning changed?
The kids say bougie for what we would have said the word "fancy" for. Apparently.

She's done it now hasn't she? Using youth speak and doing ITB with Jamie Genevieve (which sounds just like another advert for her new eyeshadow palettes masquerading as a cute little getting to know you bathroom chat). Credibility rating currently? Zero. Who the hell is advising her to take this route?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've just watched the IGTV video and I'm so confused why she was sent all this PR stuff and she didn't even bother to give it a cursory look over before filming? I found it so unhelpful, and quite difficult to watch with all the rustling and pulling at the packaging and boxes.

Reactions: 5
The eye shadow is interesting :poop:
For me, the best part is the not at all forced bare shoulder.

View attachment 305335❤

---------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 305339
Was she saying how ITBW is not about pushing someone's products? :D An interview with an influencer, can't wait for what will be an interesting chat. If nothing else, will Sali be able to be completely honest about Jamie's "Instagram look"? Although, with her recent choice of eyebrows she seems to be jumping camp. Nothing wrong with changing your mind, just sayin', ok?
ITBW started off as stuff in people's bathrooms didn't it? Like Marian Keyes and Brix Smith. I can't remember one for ages that isn't an advert for someone's launch with a look at other products at the end. One of the worst for advertising (though I liked her) was Drew Barrymore, also another American makeup bod whose name escapes me.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.