Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies for going off-topic, but I think if anyone could help, it'll be my fellow Tattlers. For years I've used Collection lasting perfection concealer for under the eyes. A tube lasts me ages, but my current one is almost gone. Had a look on Boots and Superdrug sites to see who had the better off on, and have just discovered that the packaging is different and the bloomin' shade range has completely changed :mad:
Obviously can't go and test them in my local Boots or Superdrug now, so does anyone know what in the new shades would possibly correspond to the old ones?
I use (or did!) no 3 cool medium.
I discovered this exact problem last week! Even in store with a tube of my nearly-used old 'Fair 1' one on me, comparing it side by side with the new shades, I couldn't figure out which of the new shades it was supposed to be and ended up buying a different brand. Props to them for expanding the shade range but it's so confusing!

Cool Medium was 2 and is now Light Vanilla, Warm Medium was 3 and is now Buttermilk.

Yours, A Cashew (the artist formerly known as Cool Fair 1A)
How do you know this??

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I have a screenshot from their website after discovering this very issue a few months ago and having a meltdown because no concealer comes close to the Price : Hiding the Eyebags of the Undead ratio for me.

I suspect it’s still on their website somewhere, unfortunately I found it after buying 6 shades 😭

Reactions: 4
Thank you!

I love Biscuit Brew! Haven’t got hold of the Toast and Jam one yet.

Just realised, I guess I really am here for the tea 🤣
I know I saw someone mention that yesterday and I am all over looking for it.....

Reactions: 2
My beef faced friends...I am no make up aficionado however I do love a bargain and I do not like change.
Whenever the shades or products change I look to ebay, where I can buy up the old stock sometimes cheaply. It’s less cheering than discovering a market stall with a tray of whatever it is I use for a knockdown price, as was the case before the internet, but it
is faster and easier.
Can I have a patronizing Kut Price column pls Ms Viner????

• Haha
Reactions: 9
In times like this, we all have to do what we can, help each other out as far as possible and go the extra mile.

To that end, I reckon I can open my spare box of Toast and Jam tea and then use a pair of kitchen tongs to transfer a couple of bags of the good stuff into a plastic sandwich bag, before tonging said bag into an envelope and posting on to Tattlers in need, this avoiding the potential transfer of plague. A bit like a tit version of how photos used to be developed ‘back in the day’, but without the borax.

I mean, it’s not quite up there with the Captain Toms and Joe Wicks’ of the world, but the offer’s there ;)

ETA; Delivery options are Royal Mail or cat flaps.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
'These aren't money saving but a guide to living someone else's life' - I think that's an interesting comment.

Reactions: 19
'These aren't money saving but a guide to living someone else's life' - I think that's an interesting comment.
That's the one that struck a chord with me too. It basically sums up India's, Caitlin's and Sali's articles and books.
Can't believe the "areas of life" spin. Is Scrabble an area of life?

Reactions: 12
Uh oh, she's going to say we migrated from here to Facebook. Instead of going for the most likely explanation of the people on facebook didn't like the article either

Reactions: 11
Uh oh, she's going to say we migrated from here to Facebook. Instead of going for the most likely explanation of the people on facebook didn't like the article either
And Facebook isn't anonymous so she can't call them rat faced sewer dwellers or whatever. Also - none of the commenters seem to know who she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I have a screenshot from their website after discovering this very issue a few months ago and having a meltdown because no concealer comes close to the Price : Hiding the Eyebags of the Undead ratio for me.

I suspect it’s still on their website somewhere, unfortunately I found it after buying 6 shades 😭
Thank you for this, it was actually in the product listing on their own website where for some reason I hadn't thought to look 🤦‍♀️

Sorry. I meant the Facebook post with the comments people are screenshotting
It's the link @Mselvista posted.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.