Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wanted to recommend this Masala tea.
785A663E-6F6A-4475-97D5-29D1F6903F70.jpeg
44C253B9-2A27-4D40-8C58-DE3A4162A8DD.jpeg
119486DD-2DA8-4696-B45E-71DA1D23FF50.jpeg
Been drinking it for the last four years. Very comforting and tasty in cold weather. It’s the only one of theirs I have tried but they also do the other two versions. It’s available at Sainsbury’s, Waitrose and Ocado, not sure about other stores.

Reactions: 9
All my Christmas and Birthdays came at once when they invented Biscuit Brew. I died and went to heaven..... in my wicker/cardboard coffin

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ooh this looks good, do you drink it black?
I do as I drink most tea black now but you can add milk. The reviews on the Masala version are excellent. It used to be hard to find it but no longer.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I do as I drink most tea black now but you can add milk. The reviews on the Masala version are excellent. It used to be hard to find it but no longer.
Thank you!

All my Christmas and Birthdays came at once when they invented Biscuit Brew. I died and went to heaven..... in my wicker/cardboard coffin
I love Biscuit Brew! Haven’t got hold of the Toast and Jam one yet.

Just realised, I guess I really am here for the tea 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Does anyone follow Namvo on IG? She’s a makeup artist and very into the super glowy look, which may not be for everyone. However, she did a short video for Byrdie of 5 things getting her through 2020 and her fifth item was a vibrator. See below.

She was so frank and unapologetic about it, and it struck such a contrast with Sali’s po-faced ramblings.

I recommend you follow her. (She also raves about the iconic highlighter - I might get that!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Apologies for going off-topic, but I think if anyone could help, it'll be my fellow Tattlers. For years I've used Collection lasting perfection concealer for under the eyes. A tube lasts me ages, but my current one is almost gone. Had a look on Boots and Superdrug sites to see who had the better off on, and have just discovered that the packaging is different and the bloomin' shade range has completely changed :mad:
Obviously can't go and test them in my local Boots or Superdrug now, so does anyone know what in the new shades would possibly correspond to the old ones?
I use (or did!) no 3 cool medium.

Reactions: 4
If you follow the guardian on facebook they have posted the cheap/tit article. The comments are cracking.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I have just noticed that her article is getting a trouncing on F.B. Not that F.B is necessarily a good measure...but many people appear to be finding her piece as shite as we do. All the commenters must be beef faces.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you!

I love Biscuit Brew! Haven’t got hold of the Toast and Jam one yet.

Just realised, I guess I really am here for the tea 🤣
Biscuit Brew is glorious, Toast and Jam is bizarrely accurate in its description and wouldn’t be to everyone’s taste but I like it in the afternoon in lieu of a sweet snack.

I’m also a TeaWanker™️ and like Earl Grey but can’t get on with green or herbal teas no matter how hard I try. The thought is great, the smell is great, the taste is...

So I have some Sali Ewes content, I cannot get over her Kardashian comment. She’s such a pretentious snob, and has undergone quite the volte face from her previous position of thinking it’s ok to tweet about Kim’s handjob technique.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I have just noticed that her article is getting a trouncing on F.B. Not that F.B is necessarily a good measure...but many people appear to be finding her piece as shite as we do. All the commenters must be beef faces.
They're all just #jealoushaterz

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Apologies for going off-topic, but I think if anyone could help, it'll be my fellow Tattlers. For years I've used Collection lasting perfection concealer for under the eyes. A tube lasts me ages, but my current one is almost gone. Had a look on Boots and Superdrug sites to see who had the better off on, and have just discovered that the packaging is different and the bloomin' shade range has completely changed :mad:
Obviously can't go and test them in my local Boots or Superdrug now, so does anyone know what in the new shades would possibly correspond to the old ones?
Cool Medium was 2 and is now Light Vanilla, Warm Medium was 3 and is now Buttermilk.

Yours, A Cashew (the artist formerly known as Cool Fair 1A)

ps if you’re desperate, I have a Cool Medium 2 that I’ve only swatched. I can also expand my illegitimate trade to a Fair 1 and a Fair Warm 1b...

*Apologies to Sali for thinking I’m paler than her

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
The original ones are on Amazon if you’re interested?

Amazon product

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The Guardian posted the article with "25 areas of life where you can save cash without compromising." It's like they're trying to back pedal, it was positioned as a "humorous, witty" piece but now when they've realised how tone deaf it was, they're trying to position it as a genuine guide to saving money. Hilarious!

• Haha
  • Sick
Are you on the Food and Drink thread?

and, referring to the SH article, who buys expensive hairspray?
I'm not, is it worth a look? Always up for some recipe inspiration.

Re expensive hairspray... Sali has previously recommended a bumble and bumble one (over £20) and a Sam mcknight one so 🤔🤔🤔
(I wish my brain would retain more useful info than this)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Has she... has she just...

Has she just posted about a new palette without actually showing us the palette, just two pictures of her face instead?

Narcissist.

• Haha
  • Sick
I'm not, is it worth a look? Always up for some recipe inspiration.

Re expensive hairspray... Sali has previously recommended a bumble and bumble one (over £20) and a Sam mcknight one so 🤔🤔🤔
(I wish my brain would retain more useful info than this)
I love the Food and Drink thread. It’s an offshoot of the Jack Monroe threads. It was formed for respite from those.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.