Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do think you get what you pay for with Asian tea though. The cheap green tea bags can be so bitter tasting, a bag of loose leaves at double the price is like a different drink. Whereas, like Sali says, you can get a good standard cup of tea brew for not much pennies.
I get a box of green tea bags for about €4, not sure how much "builders tea" costs so maybe I haven't a clue what I'm talking about!

Reactions: 2
We should all weigh in with how we love her column but don't agree with one of the cheap options for reasons that appear intelligent or achingly cool.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I can see the marketing blurb for "Wanker tea" already, inspired by Sali:

"With elegant, grassy notes and more than a hint of raw fish, this fancy tea comforts the grieving, calms the anxious, cushions the blow, ameliorates the suffering and fuels our nation’s everyday discourse. Let's all reach en masse for bags of rich, fishy tea"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
@Enid Swamp I think you are right, it’s all of the wankers popularizing “builders tea” which means we all end up calling it that.
I shall hire a car for us all; we will drive past hipster cafes with their tea menus written on blackboards, and where we find “builders” listed as a form of tea, we shall, in the style of the Inbetweeners, shout “tea wankers” then drive off

• Haha
Reactions: 14
@Enid Swamp I think you are right, it’s all of the wankers popularizing “builders tea” which means we all end up calling it that.
I shall hire a car for us all; we will drive past hipster cafes with their tea menus written on blackboards, and where we find “builders” listed as a form of tea, we shall, in the style of the Inbetweeners, shout “tea wankers” then drive off
You might need to hire several cars! One just won’t be sufficient.......

Reactions: 5
Also a "wanker" tea drinker here!

It is you that's referring to teas as "wanker", taste buds are taste buds 🤣

As I said, green tea is not "fancy"- you can get it at all price points, inexpensive to ridiculously expensive.
Earl Grey has been my favourite for years - quite offended it’s got slagged off 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
And now that you’ve mentioned The Inbetweeners ....... sorry off topic I know

• Heart
Reactions: 4
But Earl Grey is a valid type of tea! Anyone wanting a cup or a pot would ask for Earl Grey. It’s not really cheap nor expensive it’s just a kind of tea.
I’m not entirely clear - was our Sali, woman of the people, advocating drinking Asda “smartprice” tea, rather than teapigs? Or is the standard tea bag now considered cheap?

I think we need to do a media prep course for her, like they do with politicians, so they don’t get caught out when Paxman asks them how much a pint of milk costs

• Haha
Reactions: 8
But Earl Grey is a valid type of tea! Anyone wanting a cup or a pot would ask for Earl Grey. It’s not really cheap nor expensive it’s just a kind of tea.
I’m not entirely clear - was our Sali, woman of the people, advocating drinking Asda “smartprice” tea, rather than teapigs? Or is the standard tea bag now considered cheap?

I think we need to do a media prep course for her, like they do with politicians, so they don’t get caught out when Paxman asks them how much a pint of milk costs
She could maybe brush up on her interviewing skills at the same time going by the "ITB with" videos...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.