Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t Kylie and Kim both have very successful make up and perfume lines, yet Sali the Beauty Editor of The Guardian wouldn’t recognise them?

Sure Sali

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Ugh. I know I'm late to the table but what complete and utter shite. It's so unfunny it's turned me right off my freshly poured Nespresso. I need to clear my head so I'm off to walk my paid for, unrescued dog

Reactions: 12
Don’t Kylie and Kim both have very successful make up and perfume lines, yet Sali the Beauty Editor of The Guardian wouldn’t recognise them?

Sure Sali
And Kendall is a supermodel who's had a tonne of covers for Vogue and the rest of Sali's beloved glossy magazines, and is also Estee Lauder brand ambassador - I'm sure she was the face of Double Wear for a while, which Sali has recommended, and she was also the face of the 'Estee Edit' collection, which Sali featured in multiple columns. But she wouldn't know her face? What a weird hill to die on for a beauty editor in the year 2020.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She may not recognise her but she's watched her sex tape (in which KK's technique was obvs not up to SH's exacting standards).

20201109_110326.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
It's ridiculous snobbery. It's as if she's afraid that saying she knows them is like some kind of full endorsement of everything about them. This "nana" act is not endearing or charming in any way, Sali. It just makes you look extremely silly

The writer of the Common People article says he has no issue with the writer per say, rather the commissioning of such articles.

The chuntering idiot is Polly Vernon.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She may not recognise her but she's watched the sex tape (in which KK's technique was obvs not up to SH's exacting standards).
She'd recognise Ray J's dick, who is she kidding with this "I don't know her" (another pop culture reference :D) crap

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The writer of the Common People article says he has no issue with the writer per say, rather the commissioning of such articles.

Possibly both? I thought he meant dear Sali as it was in relation to pot noodles being delicious.

This 'I've no idea who the Kardashians are' after writing numerous articles and tweets about them is hilarious. What on earth is the point?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Possibly both? I thought he meant dear Sali as it was in relation to pot noodles being delicious.

This 'I've no idea who the Kardashians are' after writing numerous articles and tweets about them is hilarious. What on earth is the point?
Haha, why though?! Why lie about something so random? Does it make you look cooler if you don't know who they are?

Reactions: 4
He didn't actually call anyone a chuntering idiot directly, he said "Did you know that buying things that aren’t horrendously expensive is quite good? Or that Pot Noodles can be frigging delicious? You did, of course, because you’re not a chuntering idiot or putting on a faux-naive act for the purposes of writing a feature in a Sunday supplement."

• Haha
Reactions: 11

He does say he has no issue with SH, but the 'chuntering idiot' comment does seem to pertain to Sali's Observer article rather than Polly's piece, judging by the fact that he mentions the Pot Noodle comment:

Screenshot 2020-11-09 at 11.34.49.png

ETA: posted this before seeing all the recent posts which already addressed this, soz!

Are we not using the gifs anymore??! I love that Mariah gif!
A stone-cold classic!

Haha, why though?! Why lie about something so random? Does it make you look cooler if you don't know who they are?
It is always, without fail, about looking cooler.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Whoops, revealed a unconscious bias towards Polly Vernon there.

She’s on her own that one.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.