Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The backtracking on both the glasses and the magazines is absolutely comical.

Also, another thought, how can sourdough bread be overrated? Surely something is a matter of personal taste. That would be like me saying eggs are overrated because I personally don't like them

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Does anyone have a link to this article?

Well, this is the woman who researched, wrote and produced a BBC radio documentary on a website she has never visited.
Itā€™s ok! Fret not. The producer, a psychologist, her family and a lawyer looked at it, apparently. šŸ˜

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think the most jaw dropping part of the article was the coffin piece. I still can't get over it

• Wow
  • Haha
Ok I tried to read it but I had to stop. I knew there would be a reference to ā€œbuildersā€ tea. I canā€™t stand that phrase. Itā€™s only used by southerners and middle class types. Itā€™s just tea. If you like strong black tea just say so, if youā€™re so worried you might be given a weak cup. And of course, nothing makes tea stronger than...removing the bag and dumping it on your plate next to your toast? I realise thatā€™s not Saliā€™s fault that photo was used but jeez. Reminds me of some wannabe Bullingdon-Club types at uni who came from ā€œmoneyā€ who dropped then threw chips and paper all over the floor in the local chip shop because they had finished and it didnā€™t matter because someone will pick it up. They had never been to a chip shop before. Apparently boarding school failed to prepare them how to behave in one.
My gears are ground.
Edit- missed a sentence as I was soooooo angry

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Couldn't agree more, builders tea is such a nonsense term.

And I may be alone in this but I think the stuff about green tea was a bit xenophobic. Green tea is not necessarily expensive or "fancy", it comes in at all price points. You don't like it, fine, but don't be derogatory about it and write it off as tasting like "raw fish".

Reactions: 16
Listen I am not a posh wanker but I say builders tea since all the other wanker teas started turning up everywhere.

Used to just be Breakfast Tea didnā€™t it? But no. Not saying that unless staying in a B&B preAB (days of yore before Airbnb).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

And I may be alone in this but I think the stuff about green tea was a bit xenophobic. Green tea is not necessarily expensive or "fancy", it comes in at all price points. You don't like it, fine, but don't be derogatory about it and write it off as tasting like "raw fish".
Yeah I thought this was pretty rude. Aldo, it doesn't taste like raw fish.

Reactions: 5
thank you. What a nasty, trite and tiresome article.
And I can report from the frontline about pasta. Barilla and De Cecco are the go to Nonna brands and they cost around ā‚¬2 a pack not 60p

I love green tea, matcha, white tea, oolong any "wanker" tea from Asia and it should have a mild grassy flavour. God, knows what guff Sali is drinking if it smells or tastes like raw fish.

Reactions: 15
It really doesn't. It's an acquired taste and it's not for everyone (funny how taste buds work innit) but I've no idea how she can be so rude about a part of another culture (green tea being a very popular drink in China) just because she personally doesn't like it

• Heart
Sorry, I was on a bit of a rant and didnā€™t mean to offend anyone if they do say ā€œbuilders teaā€ but it does annoy me. I feel we should stop tea classism. Quite right too about green tea. Bit racist.

I remember the first time I went to a very fancy tearoom with a full tea menu, and had to whisper to my friend ā€œwhich one is just tea?ā€ And she silently pointed at Assam.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Also a "wanker" tea drinker here!

šŸ˜Not offended at all. Tea gets people exercised.
It is you that's referring to teas as "wanker", taste buds are taste buds šŸ¤£

As I said, green tea is not "fancy"- you can get it at all price points, inexpensive to ridiculously expensive.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Also a "wanker" tea drinker here!

It is you that's referring to teas as "wanker", taste buds are taste buds šŸ¤£

As I said, green tea is not "fancy"- you can get it at all price points, inexpensive to ridiculously expensive.
I do think you get what you pay for with Asian tea though. The cheap green tea bags can be so bitter tasting, a bag of loose leaves at double the price is like a different drink. Whereas, like Sali says, you can get a good standard cup of tea brew for not much pennies.

Reactions: 4
Itā€™s my chip clearly šŸ¤Ø all non Breakfast Tea intimidates me. I too have been at afternoon tea and not known my ass from my elbow when it came to having a brew.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.