Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Menopause seems to be current ‘thing’ to talk about in order to sell more tit to women who think they might need it.
Word 😂.
Yes the menopausal woman is the next cash cow to be milked dry. Especially galling as stuff is being recommended by women who 'aren't there yet'. I am fascinated to know why Sali feels remotely qualified endorsing a product when she has no idea of it's efficacy.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Oof it’s all a bit not quite Grace Dent isn’t it - no warmth, humour nor well judged dollop of nostalgia. Has anyone read Grace’s book? Lovely stuff.

I don’t know if they’re mates, I can’t keep up with that lot. Online they appear not to interact anymore - and Grace’s book had none of the usual blurb vomits from the In Crowd - rather Dawn O’P which is rather delightful as they’re 2 of my favourite birds.

Reactions: 9
I’ve said before on the CH thread (name changed and had a break) I’ve done the menopause and not everyone ( including me) has a difficult transition and needs lots of ‘stuff’.

As for a £20 menopause water spray with cooling cucumber , do me a favour😂😂.In one column she’s regaling us with preferring tap water to Evian yet tap water in a spray bottle isn’t good enough for the menopausal flush.

She really does think we’re all dopey.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Sali has the unfortunate way of appearing smug in her writing - even when she is being self deprecating. Her certainty at all times that she is right about everything is incredibly off putting.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
...It made me realise that Sali’s writing always feels like someone trying to do a second rate Grace Dent impression and never quite hitting the mark...
This is bang on, such a good way of summarising Sali.

Reactions: 8
Ohmydayz @Puzzfish I didn’t see your comment - stomped in like the little girl in the yellow cardi and her toothbrush and thought I did a GD mic drop. When effectively you had said it already - I completely agree with you.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I am such an avid lurker on this thread. It is witty. There are tips are recommendations.
I just wanted to say that I appreciate you all, your words can cheer a dull day. Cheers. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I did have a nice bath and telly night and then I popped my head round here this afternoon and URGH!
Am I to believe she douses herself in philosykos to disguise the smell of cheap biscuits and margarine?
This is worse than when the middle classes started going to Aldi and banging on about how excellent their own brand chocolate is.

Edit spelling
No need for Philosykos when you can buy Tesco own brand fig rolls and rub them on your pulse points.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
No need for Philosykos when you can buy Tesco own brand fig rolls and rub them on your pulse points.
Oh at least go for jaffa cakes, the soothing aromatic orange scent will be bound to stop the menopause in its tracks.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sali has the unfortunate way of appearing smug in her writing - even when she is being self deprecating. Her certainty at all times that she is right about everything is incredibly off putting.
exactly this. No warmth to her at all, everything is just frost and very brittle.

Reactions: 17
She’s just keepin’ it real. Showing that she is discerning & can see through the smoke & mirrors & determine what is actually good as opposed to ‘perceived quality’. It adds to her brand cachet of honesty, sound judgement & great taste. Never mind that it doesn’t jive with her sustainability expertise or that she is easily popped in the pockets of big brands (dressing for Leonard) for the right price. We are meant to thank her for liberating us from the middle-clasd tyranny of Nespresso & Dualit and feel grateful that we have her blessing to eat Curly Wurlys and Walkers cheese & onion. She’s a taste-maker, early adopter & opinion former and her views COUNT.
Excellent take down. This is exactly what she's doing.

[QUOTE="Mselvista, post: 2847786, member: 1649

Is that next door to Four Seasons Total Landscaping?
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
This is the top tattle comment of all time.

Perfume parlour would have been a fabulous addition to her list but maybe they asked her to stay away from beauty? She’s recently done one of her budget edits, hasn’t she? I don’t think Estée Lauder would be impressed if she turned lots of people onto perfume parlour.

Noticed that Sali did a Bobbi Brown paid ad on Instagram and a week later a Guardian column mainly about MAC. Both are owned by Estée Lauder. I’ve no experience of the rules around this stuff so I’m not sure what the standard is. However, if I were paid for an ad by a company privately one week, I would not be advertising another branch of their business in an impartial column in a national newspaper the next. Even if I wanted to. Even if I was genuinely desperate to tell people that buying single shadows is the best thing in the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.