Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just read her article in Saturday's Guardian. I know it's been said here earlier but what's her obsession with cleaning her vulva? It's self cleaning and really bad to put it out there that we should be seeking out this PH neutral stuff to clean it with.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
what's her obsession with cleaning her vulva?
It's the only time something of note is happening to it?

Having read the article, I wanted to die on the second paragraph. And all I can think of now is that the cheapest option would be to become a victim of a serial killer who would then bury me under his patio or dissolve me in acid.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I've just read her article in Saturday's Guardian. I know it's been said here earlier but what's her obsession with cleaning her vulva? It's self cleaning and really bad to put it out there that we should be seeking out this PH neutral stuff to clean it with.
Is she there yet?*

*reached the menopause.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
That cheap column could have been inspired by IKs Thrift book. I had a go myself when I was supposed to be doing overtime today.

Spendy - Funeral pyre with mahogany coffin, paid mourners
Cheap - Put them in the bin. They're dead, they won't care

Spendy - Bespoke individually cut glass receptacle full of rare breed wheat pasta and artisanal sauce by your inhouse chef
Cheap - Bin-dipped (freegan!) mac n cheese

Spendy - Finest rare vintage wines procured by your man with auction house contacts *taps nose*
Cheap - Poteen by your own hand - so eco friendly!

Spendy - Buy tea plantation and have them grow your preferred brew
Cheap - Gravy browning in water. If your budget won't stretch, mud will do.

Spendy - Bribe African warlord to acquire the very best and largest blood diamonds, have them fashioned into deeley boppers
Cheap - Roll up some tin foil , stick it to your pov rags with some scavenged pavement chewing gum

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I’ve got absolutely loads of bin liners in the pantry.
My gran’s 1920s house had a pantry, it was fab. Just big enough inside to fit in one adult (her) and one child (me, aged 7, circa 1973), and a few shelves ....... happy memories!

• Heart
Given her area of "expertise" isn't it bizarre that there's no items* makeup or skincare included? Hairspray,dry shampoo and body lotion excepted and they have only ever had walk on parts in her columns (omg her stupid writing style is infectious).

Here's the cover.
Is that next door to Four Seasons Total Landscaping?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Apparently not, but seems to think that she’s able to dish out advice as regards to a matter of which she has no personal experience.
Menopause seems to be current ‘thing’ to talk about in order to sell more tit to women who think they might need it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Apparently not, but seems to think that she’s able to dish out advice as regards to a matter of which she has no personal experience.
In fairness, I should add that neither have I experienced the menopause ..... I was advised to have hysterectomy in my mid forties, and have been on HRT for seven years. So whilst I might be able to give advice, if asked, as to other areas of life ....... it won’t be relating to the menopause!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My gran’s 1920s house had a pantry, it was fab. Just big enough inside to fit in one adult (her) and one child (me, aged 7, circa 1973), and a few shelves ....... happy memories!
That’s pretty much what mine is like! I wonder where Sali stands on corned beef, because I just put three tins of it (Asda’s own, sadly due to actual tight budget rather than fun pov play) in there, and I was thinking I might wear my leopard print coat (vintage top shop via eBay) and stand in there for a bit.

• Haha
That’s pretty much what mine is like! I wonder where Sali stands on corned beef, because I just put three tins of it (Asda’s own, sadly due to actual tight budget rather than fun pov play) in there, and I was thinking I might wear my leopard print coat (vintage top shop via eBay) and stand in there for a bit.
I could join you in your larder, I love corned beef ...... and I could bring my leopard print nylon tabard that I wear at work (lunch duty, primary school)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I did have a nice bath and telly night and then I popped my head round here this afternoon and URGH!
Am I to believe she douses herself in philosykos to disguise the smell of cheap biscuits and margarine?
This is worse than when the middle classes started going to Aldi and banging on about how excellent their own brand chocolate is.

Edit spelling

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm nominating this for a Bad Sex Award.View attachment 303606
I read Grace Dent’s book this week and it was brilliant - one sentence could summon up memories from decades ago, it made me laugh and cry, really enjoyed it.

It made me realise that Sali’s writing always feels like someone trying to do a second rate Grace Dent impression and never quite hitting the mark, and this paragraph is the perfect, cringe worthy example of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She was PAID to write that! I mean, wtf? And then journalists bemoan the fact that people don't want to buy papers anymore. Nothing in that article was professional standard writing, nothing witty, lyrical, well researched, interesting, thoughtful or wise. No surprising word choice - no political message. It was just waffle, nonsense that she wrote in 30 mins or fewer off the back of a Twitter post. Even worse than that 'I don't wear high heels anymore' daftness from a few months back. How this woman is employed as a writer is beyond me.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.