Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s just keepin’ it real. Showing that she is discerning & can see through the smoke & mirrors & determine what is actually good as opposed to ‘perceived quality’. It adds to her brand cachet of honesty, sound judgement & great taste. Never mind that it doesn’t jive with her sustainability expertise or that she is easily popped in the pockets of big brands (dressing for Leonard) for the right price. We are meant to thank her for liberating us from the middle-clasd tyranny of Nespresso & Dualit and feel grateful that we have her blessing to eat Curly Wurlys and Walkers cheese & onion. She’s a taste-maker, early adopter & opinion former and her views COUNT.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Plus it seems tone deaf in these times - a lot of people can't afford to buy 'posh' so it isn't a fun option to ironically buy cheap eg cheap coffee is instant, and cheap cola is own brand - not Coke or Pepsi. And struggling artisan bakeries will really appreciate this elegant kicking from her Grenson ( not Shoe Fare) clad foot.
She came from Wales, she had a thirst for knowledge fame.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hilarious how she advises the high street as one of the places where people should buy leopard print coats. Where does she think most people shop? Even those on decent salaries aren't likely to be spending loads of money on designer clothes, much less designer leopard print coats. Has she not heard of the "stretched middle?"

Reactions: 15
Hilarious how she advises the high street as one of the places where people should buy leopard print coats. Where does she think most people shop? Even those on decent salaries aren't likely to be spending loads of money on designer clothes, much less designer leopard print coats. Has she not heard of the "stretched middle?"
I know, she’s on another planet. People can’t even afford to shop on the high street at the moment. She’s so out of touch.

Reactions: 13
At least she didn't wheel out the phrase she has used time and time again ''cheap shower, expensive bath".

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
At least she didn't wheel out the phrase she has used time and time again ''cheap shower, expensive bath".
That reminds me someone here wisely pointed out the wisdom of her having any bath products if prone to cystitis. Expensive or not.
The whole article seems to be playing at being poor. I wonder if it was written ages ago and used now for some reason as the tone is so wrong for what is going on now?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That reminds me someone here wisely pointed out the wisdom of her having any bath products if prone to cystitis. Expensive or not.
The whole article seems to be playing at being poor. I wonder if it was written ages ago and used now for some reason as the tone is so wrong for what is going on now?
That was me!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yep - they just loved it so much they're using it now.
How strange? Maybe even Sali realises how incredibly off the timing is so mentioned she wrote it a year ago?
I'm still trying to work out why the posh version of a bic biro is a fountain pen - it just...isn't? Any more than the posh version of a bicycle is a car.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Sali, if you're using fragranced body lotions for sex (wtf), I think we might have discovered the cause of your cystitis (it ain't the fruity shower gel!)

Also: how on earth is she making her carbonara that using a different type of pasta scrambles it?? I am so confused.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
She really is queen of spewing endless self-indulgent crap and patting herself on the back for it.

The Observer must have really been struggling today to run that crap. Unless of course they felt the population needed some mindless nonsense to fill their day.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It’s great fun to like “cheap” things when you can afford the expensive ones (or have them as a press sample) isn’t it 🙄

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
20201108_130423.jpg

Reader, it was not out "soon".
Apart from asking her followers on Twitter (which I always think is a damn cheek for something you're getting paid for) did she do any research for this "piece"? Because bamboo or wicker coffins aren't the cheapest option. It wanted one for my dad's funeral 8 years ago and was surprised how much more expensive they were than basic oak. Having just checked online they still appear to be more expensive than oak from funeral directors (buying direct isn't really an option for most when organising a funeral because of timescales, even if the funeral directors is happy with it) and cardboard coffins are exactly the same price as oak for the ones I checked. Wonder if she just assumed they would be cheaper (as most people would assume) because the manufacture will be much cheaper, not taking into account low demand.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.