Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reader, it was not a "whole piece". Sali Hughes: never knowingly accurate.
20201108_130436.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don't know what you're all complaining about - that piece is a revelation!

No more paying a leopard hunter and having my atelier knock up a new coat every year in the shape of the season, away with the indentured nonna rustling up my daily spag bol, nor commissioning the local master craftsman every Sunday when we fancy a new game of drafts.

What a moneysaver!

Edit : I may get nonna to recreate one of those "potted noodles" before I fire her, they sound quite delicious!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
View attachment 303462
Reader, it was not out "soon".
Apart from asking her followers on Twitter (which I always think is a damn cheek for something you're getting paid for) did she do any research for this "piece"? Because bamboo or wicker coffins aren't the cheapest option. It wanted one for my dad's funeral 8 years ago and was surprised how much more expensive they were than basic oak. Having just checked online they still appear to be more expensive than oak from funeral directors (buying direct isn't really an option for most when organising a funeral because of timescales, even if the funeral directors is happy with it) and cardboard coffins are exactly the same price as oak for the ones I checked. Wonder if she just assumed they would be cheaper (as most people would assume) because the manufacture will be much cheaper, not taking into account low demand.
Yes I wanted wicker for my dad and it was literally twice the price 4 years ago (funnily enough I came across an email about it just yesterday, that's why I'm so sure).

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Plus coffins is such a weird thing to have such decided views on. When you are organising a funeral for a loved one more often than not you are in a daze - you want to do the best for that person. The first thought (in my experience) is not 'wahaay if we save money on the coffin there'll be more to spend in the bar after'.
And hopefully you aren't buying coffins as a regular repeat purchase so really needn't give it *that* much thought. Utterly bizarre.

Reactions: 15
The coffins and scrabble were such weird inclusions I feel like I must have imagined them.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I don't know what you're all complaining about - that piece is a revelation!

No more paying a leopard hunter and having my atelier knock up a new coat every year in the shape of the season, away with the indentured nonna rustling up my daily spag bol, nor commissioning the local master craftsman every Sunday when we fancy a new game of drafts.

What a moneysaver!
Your posts do make me laugh!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Plus coffins is such a weird thing to have such decided views on. When you are organising a funeral for a loved one more often than not you are in a daze - you want to do the best for that person. The first thought (in my experience) is not 'wahaay if we save money on the coffin there'll be more to spend in the bar after'.
And hopefully you aren't buying coffins as a regular repeat purchase so really needn't give it *that* much thought. Utterly bizarre.
Oh I don’t know, I suppose it makes sense if she’s spent time realising that her journalistic career will be dead and buried within a year.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I was amused by the Pot Noodles piece too "they really should do something about the plastic"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The coffins thing bothers me now! I feel like I’d want cardboard but not if it’s expensive! 21st century bourgeois problems, eh?

Reactions: 6
I’m guessing that her article has been on hold until a slow news day ....... the reference to going down to Argos is sadly outdated. Our local Argos has been closed since March, and is not going to reopen ☹ and whilst some staff had been relocated to Sainsbury’s (six miles distant), many were furloughed.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
She does this a fair bit and has done it today - putting the exact same thing both on her IG grid and in her stories. Isn't this a simultaneously sneaky and blatant way to increase engagement. Is there any other reason for it? I admit to ignorance here.

She does this a fair bit and has done it today - putting the exact same thing both on her IG grid and in her stories. Isn't this a simultaneously sneaky and blatant way to increase engagement? Is there any other reason for it? I admit to ignorance here.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She does this a fair bit and has done it today - putting the exact same thing both on her IG grid and in her stories. Isn't this a simultaneously sneaky and blatant way to increase engagement. Is there any other reason for it? I admit to ignorance here.
I think you're right. Some people only look at stories & some only at grid posts so it's a sneaky way to catch everyone.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.