Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also said at the time I didn't believe Becky was real. It was so convenient the way she played right into Sali's narrative

Reactions: 3
And, why would ‘Becky’ have had to tell her family what had happened with Sali. ‘Her’ voice was disguised.

I think Becky was real. There must be due diligence and a trail of receipts to show she was who she's purported to be.
She possibly told her family/friends because Sali was acting in an unpredictable manner and Becky shat herself as thoight she might be about to be doxxed

And, why would ‘Becky’ have had to tell her family what had happened with Sali. ‘Her’ voice was disguised.
Her voice was disguised to protect her from us, remember? 🤣 You know the tattle code that if a poster leaves and does media interviews we go "I wonder which poster she was" and then forget all about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I definitely lean towards it being fabricated somehow. How did she make contact with this person and why them? Did she not try and ask anyone else these questions? I'm sure someone would have spoken up if they'd be approached.

What she wants us to believe is that she contacted one person from Tattle only to be interviewed, and that that one person agreed, and happened to have no opinion whatsoever on Sali's shilling, but instead disliked her because she was similar to a former friend?!

Very convenient.
I do believe that 'Becky' is real.

The story SH tells (I think the fullest version is on the Radio Ulster interview) is that Becky wrote to her a few months ago to say that she was taking stock of things and having therapy and, as part of that, wanted to apologise. SH, who was then making her Radio 4 programme, persauded her to be interviewed for it.

The feeling I got was that Becky was very nervous (who says 'I'm a nice mum'?) and was trying to appease. I imagine SH sitting there stony faced while Becky tried to win her over by saying what she wanted to hear.

If Becky's reasons for having been here were similar to most of us, explaining them to SH would have involved criticising her - and if you've some awareness of how she responds to criticism you'd think twice before going down that route. Much easier to say 'Hmm. I don't know. Maybe you just reminded me of a friend I was having problems with''.

Reactions: 12
Yes it is so weird. Would you not stick up for yourself and actually challenge her? The way they portrayed 'Becky' as a blubbering wreck was just silly. All that nonsense about how she had to admit to family and friends what she had done in a great revelation (as if for eg she was a fiddler - tbf Sali would know more about these individuals than me) was hilarious.
IKR? It was like a naughty child being told to go home and tell their parents what they’ve done! That’s the bit I just don’t get.

Reactions: 7
I reckon there was some serious creative license from the voiceover artist.

Reactions: 6
I think Becky is real. I think she used to be on SHB and actually liked SH, came here for a bit, possibly got freaked out when SH started friending people and liking pictures of their kids. Maybe Becky was having other problems in her life, maybe the therapist encourage’s her to say sorry to move on and reduce anxiety?
In return she is made to do this kind of public penance as she is now the representative of all trolls. Classic Sali.

Reactions: 8
IKR? It was like a naughty child being told to go home and tell their parents what they’ve done! That’s the bit I just don’t get.
That bit, about confessing to her family, wasn't in the part of the interview that was broadcast - so who knows what Becky actually said? Perhaps 'I've talked about it with my husband'.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
But there's no proof then that Becky was on Tattle - if she contacted Sali directly, unless she gave her username to someone to prove she'd been posting. But then what would that prove? I could tell Sali I'm anyone on this thread, or that I'd deleted my account when I was still posting.

I don't know, there's just lots of gaps here.

Reactions: 10
Yes it’s a shame Becky wasn’t in the, predominant “look your journalism gets on my wick and you’re not as transparent about Botox as you’ve convinced yourself” group but I guess that wouldn’t have worked as well, although would have been a good listen .

Reactions: 8
Yes it’s a shame Becky wasn’t in the, predominant “look your journalism gets on my wick and you’re not as transparent about Botox as you’ve convinced yourself” group but I guess that wouldn’t have worked as well, although would have been a good listen .
Do we know what she said? I thought it was just generic rat swamp stuff nothing actual.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I do believe that 'Becky' is real.

The story SH tells (I think the fullest version is on the Radio Ulster interview) is that Becky wrote to her a few months ago to say that she was taking stock of things and having therapy and, as part of that, wanted to apologise. SH, who was then making her Radio 4 programme, persauded her to be interviewed for it.

The feeling I got was that Becky was very nervous (who says 'I'm a nice mum'?) and was trying to appease. I imagine SH sitting there stony faced while Becky tried to win her over by saying what she wanted to hear.

If Becky's reasons for having been here were similar to most of us, explaining them to SH would have involved criticising her - and if you've some awareness of how she responds to criticism you'd think twice before going down that route. Much easier to say 'Hmm. I don't know. Maybe you just reminded me of a friend I was having problems with''.
I concur with this completely. I couldn't imagine facing SH in person - she has the imperious "you look like tit" expression down to a tea 😂.

But the person who wondered why the BBC didn't contact anyone here for an interview is right. It would have made better journalism and a more interesting show. However, Becky was ready to fit the narrative SH wanted to deliver. Why interview someone who has a socially aware job and who will speak reasonably about why they question SH's integrity? Having said all that, as the mods who received the questions from the BBC said, it wasn't worth participating in. The BBC had their narrative, and anything anyone said here would have been twisted because there was no interest in listening to different viewpoints. They would have edited any interview to shreds and the doc would have been even more infuriating.

Also as an aside - I find it hilarious that post-doc and SH going quiet on the western front, most of this thread has flowed quite nicely away from SH to conversations around makeup and fashion. To me it proves the point that if SH had never mentioned this site publicly, it would be pretty damn quiet. SH is not a widely known influencer. Normally, influencers with smaller followings have relatively quiet threads because not enough people care to talk about them - even when they're annoying/disingenuous. I only found SH because I love watching celebrity makeup/skin routines on YouTube, so her ITB series came up on my recommended list. I don't read The Guardian for makeup tips so had never even heard of her column. Then I followed her on Insta and she mentioned "dragging sites". I Googled "SH dragging site" and here I am. Will add that I'm no longer following SH, though I follow this thread for some light entertainment 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I completely believe Becky was real but I don't believe that she was a full on contributor to this site. The odd comment maybe. All this 'I was worried my family might find out' Christ we are not plotting a terror attack, money laundering or selling drugs, this isn't Breaking Bad.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
From today's column about washing your "downstairs" she mentions a product "approved by gynaecologists for use everywhere, including the outer vulva". Every gynecologist will tell you NOT to use anything other than water. Outer, inner, sideways vulva just use water. Let your vulva just be!

Won't comment on "menopausal" skincare. Stupid marketing angle.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She didn't mention the only menopausal skincare with relevant clinically tested active ingredient, ie Emepelle (Nadine Baggott and Dr Sam/Dr Em Wedgworth have talked about it).

I confess i read the column just to see whether she reassured readers that she, Sali, was herself "not there yet".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Yeah, I was surprised she didn't mention that. I mean, has she tested the facial mist and cream to know they're effective?

And yeah, the bit about washing the vulva - I bet we'll be accused of "THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT MY GENITALS" soon. I really didn't need to know about her cystitis. Having said that, the Gallinée bar IS very good, I like to take it on holiday and use it for face, hair, everywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I confess i read the column just to see whether she reassured readers that she, Sali, was herself "not there yet".
I must admit that was my motivation too but she tiptoed around it as she would probably say 'elegantly'.
I too thought only water was recommended for downstairs. And @MakkaPakka I do hope there is a follow up IGTV with Sali angrily saying 'They discussed my fanny' in that voice.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
„They discussed my fanny“ would have to be followed or preceded by two more words, to add drama. Preferably also starting with f. fanny - family - fake tan. I’m no good at this, but then I’m not a journalist.

I can never decide what to read first: tattle comment or column. Today I chose tattle, now I’m heading over to The Guardian full of anticipation. Can’t wait to read Sali’s elegantly tiptoeing around her downstairs.

No Sali on the Guardian site, but Hadley Freeman seems to be back.

I still can’t Organizer my posts! 🙄
How long do I have to wait so that two consecutive posts don’t get shown as one?

There - it happened again! And it’s *organize of course

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.