Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her article is on the Guardian site, but I find it's easier to Google it than to find it on the Guardian.

Reactions: 2
Shilling absolutely unnecessary products to fuel or create insecurities? duck right off Sali. My vag smells fine. And so would yours if you stopped hating it.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This sort of article feels like a step backwards for feminism / menstrual public health, minimising the symptoms to the degree that they can just be sprayed away?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
„A nation‘s hormones will be grateful“??? For a face mist?
She still doesn't understand how menopause works, or hormones, or that using that kind of hyperbolic wartime like phrasing is boring and not cute.

Reactions: 10
„They discussed my fanny“ would have to be followed or preceded by two more words, to add drama. Preferably also starting with f. fanny - family - fake tan. I’m no good at this, but then I’m not a journalist.

I can never decide what to read first: tattle comment or column. Today I chose tattle, now I’m heading over to The Guardian full of anticipation. Can’t wait to read Sali’s elegantly tiptoeing around her downstairs.

No Sali on the Guardian site, but Hadley Freeman seems to be back.

I still can’t Organizer my posts! 🙄
How long do I have to wait so that two consecutive posts don’t get shown as one?

There - it happened again! And it’s *organize of course
Writing 50 000 words of a novel this month so don’t have the time to post much right now but that has to be the next thread title. Sali Hughes Elegantly tip toeing around her downstairs 🤣

• Haha
This sort of article feels like a step backwards for feminism / menstrual public health, minimising the symptoms to the degree that they can just be sprayed away?
Totally agree. I know menopause symptoms wildly vary from person to person but that was such a lightweight article. I don't know about others here but when I was having hot flushes, any product simply would not have worked. Spraying a cooling mist would not stop the horrible sensation my entire skin was prickly and on fire and that I felt claustrophobic and panicky in that skin sometimes for hours on end. I know Sali is not there yet - so in this case I don't know how she can recommend something for such a specific purpose?

Reactions: 9
Writing 50 000 words of a novel this month so don’t have the time to post much right now but that has to be the next thread title. Sali Hughes Elegantly tip toeing around her downstairs 🤣
Love it. Except can we change elegantly to primly. Is that a word?

Reactions: 1
Wasn't she even called out about it by a makeup artist who was doing her wedding makeup in a video? Sali said she usually wore one shade, the makeup artist (Mary Greenwell?) started putting it on and was then like no this is too dark for you.

I'll see if I can find the video.

Edit: Sorry I'm too dim to work out how to attach a YouTube video but it's called Sali Hughes pretty natural. And it's not for her wedding, it's for a book shoot it looks like. I'm sure you ladies have watched it already.
I know the video you are talking about..

Sorry folks just been catching up - had a bit of a tattle break to obsess over the COVID graphs and all of that business.

laughing my head off at your vag comment @Mazerati.

Ive always had to do the colour match my face and then blend down to my neck because they are quite different shades. I remember the yellow toned foundation comments so well from Sali. I’m neutral with a leaning to cooler tones and had to show the Bobbi Brown assistant this week that I wasn’t a ‘warm beige’ I looked bloody orange. Ended up with Beige. I- was a soft summer when I had my colours done in the 90s.

Lisa Eldridge has done a video tutorial on her website about shaping your lips so you don’t have sad face today and it’s super helpful.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I have never ever used any kind of wash, fruity shower gel or intimate wash down there. And how would shower gel give cystitis, a urinary tract infection?

If she'd said thrush, fair enough. But cystitis from shower gel? Now I'm no doctor but....

Shilling absolutely unnecessary products to fuel or create insecurities? duck right off Sali. My vag smells fine. And so would yours if you stopped hating it.
👏 👏👏

ETA: Post too short. But I only have two words in mind: olfactory onanism.

But cystitis from shower gel?
I raised my eyebrow, too. But, apparently: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cystitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20371306

Chemical cystitis. Some people may be hypersensitive to chemicals contained in certain products, such as bubble bath, feminine hygiene sprays or spermicidal jellies, and may develop an allergic-type reaction within the bladder, causing inflammation.

Add to that washing your lingerie in the bath...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I have never ever used any kind of wash, fruity shower gel or intimate wash down there. And how would shower gel give cystitis, a urinary tract infection?

If she'd said thrush, fair enough. But cystitis from shower gel? Now I'm no doctor but....
maybe she got cystitis from her maintenance shags. 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 9
👏 👏👏

ETA: Post too short. But I only have two words in mind: olfactory onanism.

I raised my eyebrow, too. But, apparently: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cystitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20371306

Chemical cystitis. Some people may be hypersensitive to chemicals contained in certain products, such as bubble bath, feminine hygiene sprays or spermicidal jellies, and may develop an allergic-type reaction within the bladder, causing inflammation.

Add to that washing your lingerie in the bath...
Okay but what the hell is she doing with the shower gel for that to happen? And she seemingly has no issue with bath products. Not deep research, she posts about her baths and bubble baths regularly

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think we should (primly) avoid speculation about Sali’s fragrant ‘areas’ as it will only be used against us (yuck).

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I’m planning an Epsom bath right now, so I guess this is as good a time as any for me to take the bath water temperature. I’m going to call it that bath water is hotter than the recommended temperature for delicate lingerie (I don’t own any but am going to guess 30c is recommended?)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
There must be a boiling piss gag in all this talk of cystitis but I'm far too lazy/stupid to come up with it atm.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Ok so the cystitis thing with shower gels - it’s similar to thrush in that it (gels) disrupts the natural biome and make it easier for the bad bacteria to proliferate. If you’re prone to cystitis anyway, it can tip you over the edge pretty quickly.

Ok so the cystitis thing with shower gels - it’s similar to thrush in that it (gels) disrupts the natural biome and make it easier for the bad bacteria to proliferate. If you’re prone to cystitis anyway, it can tip you over the edge pretty quickly.
I didn’t know that about cystitis but I do know you can get BV (bacterial vaginosis) from gels and bubble baths.

I’m back and I successfully cleaned myself in a warm bath measuring 43c and it would have been warmer but the hot water ran out.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.