Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i was talking about Hannah Martin, but yes you are correct about Sali. She believed she was a shade 2 (and her party trick is supposedly being able to match people to their correct foundation shade at a glance), but Mary corrected her and pointed out that she was a 1.

Furthermore, Zambia Roberts matched her to Light Beige in the Milk foundation stick (has anyone tried that) yet Sali said in her foundation video last year that she is Light (a darker shade...).
I do apologise, I thought you meant Sali! :ROFLMAO: I wonder what the obsession people have with a darker foundation shade is? I thought it should match our neck and warm yourself up with bronzer if needed. Maybe fashions have changed, I remember my mum wearing a massively dark foundation in the early 80s and telling me its function was to make your skin "darker". It looked as weird as you can imagine (Soz Mum).

Reactions: 3
The synagogue thing annoyed me as there are Jewish posters here who wouldn't have stood for any negative comments. Just Sali twisting and distorting things as usual

This might be a shocking beefy faced confession but I'm not bothered to match my foundation exactly to my neck. As long as they're in a similar colour spectrum I'm fine with that.

Reactions: 9
Oh and that bloody nonsense about people having to use their real names to post online - like Guardian commenters and 99.9% of IG?
Idiot.

• Haha
The synagogue thing annoyed me as I know there are Jewish posters here who wouldn't have stood for any negative comments. Just Sali twisting and distorting things as usual

This might be a shocking beefy faced confession but I'm not bothered to match my foundation exactly to my neck. As long as they're in a similar colour spectrum I'm fine with that.
Yes, me too to be honest. And I will admit that I'm not even a very diligent tester. I usually buy them online and choose one of the lighter shades with a peachy undertone as that suits me best.

Reactions: 2
Shows how clueless she is. Usernames on forums have existed for decades now, they're not a new phenomenon

Reactions: 6
On the subject of choosing foundations in shades too dark for your skin... Did anyone ever see that video of Molly Mae doing her makeup with something like Mac NC50? I thought it was a piss take when I first saw it, fully lost it. There's a still from it here:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The matching of face and neck with foundation is hard for me. My face tans much better than my neck. If I were to match my neck to my face, then I need to be at least a shade lighter which I have tried to do, but then my face looks all ashy and I can see that the foundation is not right and sits on top of the skin rather than blend in and disappear. What I do instead is use the right shade foundation for my face and bring it down to my neck with just what’s remained on the brush and /or add a bit of bronzer if the neck needs a bit more colour. If I could be bothered using gradual tan on both works well to even everything out.

Reactions: 5
Nigella had very obvious startling iridescent blusher on last night on the One Show. Never seen her with so much on her face. Wonder if she did it herself.

On the subject of choosing foundations in shades too dark for your skin... Did anyone ever see that video of Molly Mae doing her makeup with something like Mac NC50? I thought it was a piss take when I first saw it, fully lost it. There's a still from it here:

To be fair she makes the end result work! (Having seen the youtube video already)

Do you think?? :oops: I think she legitimately looks like an oompah loompah, but it definitely wouldn't be as drastic without the platinum hair.
I mean, it's a look. I dread to think what she looks like when she takes her turtle neck off but yes, it doesn't look terrible as a finished product. It's a look many young British women seem to favour along with massive dark brows. (No judgement, you just don't see anything like this in Italy)

The synagogue thing annoyed me as there are Jewish posters here who wouldn't have stood for any negative comments. Just Sali twisting and distorting things as usual
I’m one such member. Shul security is something ALL Jews take seriously (for obvious reasons) whether we’re observant or not, and I would take strong exception to anyone trying to identify her niece’s synagogue. I would have reported that to a moderator straight away.

I was here the day Sali attended her niece’s Bat Mitvah followed by her ridiculous and obsequious video expressing faux excitement and happiness with Victoria Beckhams beauty products. (The eye lustres and eye pencils ARE lovely though.) No-one here made any derogatory comments in that regard.

If anything, comments here have HIGHLIGHTED the casual (and at times blatant) racism of Sali Hughes and her friends. Sali’s just trying to deflect attention away from her own misdeeds, but the more she lies about us the more we will point out her crap, and threads here will continue to climb in Google’s search results!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
If anything, comments here have HIGHLIGHTED the casual (and at times blatant) racism of Sali Hughes and her friends. Sali’s just trying to deflect attention away from her own misdeeds, but the more she lies about us the more we will point out her crap, and threads here will continue to climb in Google’s search results!
Exactly - if we were such foul racists and it is a free for all here why is there literally not one racist post over numerous threads? Yet we could cite numerous instances of it from Sali and some of her friends?
And the faux shock at someone here working for an adoption agency. Ffs as if commenting on someone's botox and poor writing skills means you shouldn't do an actually important job. And always always how dare she take any moral high ground when she is friends with a fiddler.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Does anyone really think that the Tattle ‘troll’ she interviewed is real?

Reactions: 4
Wouldn’t it be awful risky to fabricate that? From reading here it doesn’t seem the documentary was All The President’s Men level investigative journalism but still, that would be whopper.

I didn’t believe it for one second!
And the reason 'I reminded her of a former friend' is absolute bollocks. I imagine she/the programme tried to get actual 'trolls' and 'trolled' to appear but presumably they couldn't be arsed. I bet her own bullying past - completely unchallenged - maybe put some off? On the Liz Earle thing she tried to justify her appalling behaviour slightly - 'I said things then I wouldn't say now'. Not acknowledging for one second she and her grim friends helped to set the tone and normalise online bullying.

I definitely lean towards it being fabricated somehow. How did she make contact with this person and why them? Did she not try and ask anyone else these questions? I'm sure someone would have spoken up if they'd be approached.

What she wants us to believe is that she contacted one person from Tattle only to be interviewed, and that that one person agreed, and happened to have no opinion whatsoever on Sali's shilling, but instead disliked her because she was similar to a former friend?!

Very convenient.

Reactions: 11
I definitely lean towards it being fabricated somehow. How did she make contact with this person and why them? Did she not try and ask anyone else these questions? I'm sure someone would have spoken up if they'd be approached.

What she wants us to believe is that she contacted one person from Tattle only to be interviewed, and that that one person agreed, and happened to have no opinion whatsoever on Sali's shilling, but instead disliked her because she was similar to a former friend?!

Very convenient.
Yes it is so weird. Would you not stick up for yourself and actually challenge her? The way they portrayed 'Becky' as a blubbering wreck was just silly. All that nonsense about how she had to admit to family and friends what she had done in a great revelation (as if for eg she was a fiddler - tbf Sali would know more about these individuals than me) was hilarious.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.