Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just looked at the VWxH&M dresses on eBay and I like them 😞 I’m a bit of a dodgy goth, though. Has anyone got one (the short ones, I’m not even as tall as Sali). Just wondering what the sizing is like...
I have the silvery short one and it’s SHORT! I’m 5’3 and used to wearing ‘mini’ dresses and them coming to mid-thigh and looking fine, but this one is so truly short that I don’t know where I’m going to wear it. Beautiful dress though!

And definitely size up, I’m normally a 12 and bought the L, and it’s a little tight. I can get away with it, but would probably be more comfortable in an XL.

Reactions: 1
They're cute but I know a few people (of different heights) who either bought or tried them and said they're super, super short and they couldn't bend over in them... Don't know about the sizing other than length.

ETA I really wanted the cape but it would definitely be the most pointless purchase of 2020!
Yes I was very tempted by the cape!

I have the silvery short one and it’s SHORT! I’m 5’3 and used to wearing ‘mini’ dresses and them coming to mid-thigh and looking fine, but this one is so truly short that I don’t know where I’m going to wear it. Beautiful dress though!

And definitely size up, I’m normally a 12 and bought the L, and it’s a little tight. I can get away with it, but would probably be more comfortable in an XL.
thank you! Is it small all over or anywhere in particular? I’ve got big boobs and a biggish arse, but small framed, so sizing up doesn’t always work for me. I’m watching the silver one and the black one with lace sleeves.

Reactions: 1
thank you! Is it small all over or anywhere in particular? I’ve got big boobs and a biggish arse, but small framed, so sizing up doesn’t always work for me. I’m watching the silver one and the black one with lace sleeves.
I would say small all over, but particularly tight around the waist on me. It’s a gorgeous dress and very flattering on an hourglass figure, so sounds like it would look lovely on you if you can get the sizing right.

It’s also worth noting that although it’s lovely it does feel like a £20 dress, and the fabric is quite scratchy and flimsy. I don’t know what they’re selling for on eBay but I wouldn’t pay too much over the original price.

Reactions: 2
They're cute but I know a few people (of different heights) who either bought or tried them and said they're super, super short and they couldn't bend over in them... Don't know about the sizing other than length.

ETA I really wanted the cape but it would definitely be the most pointless purchase of 2020!
I saw them when I went to h&m at the weekend. Insanely short! I'm 5'1 with cracking legs and still nooooooo

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
BBC Complaint update for anyone who cares. Received an email from them today stating they still haven’t got round to dealing with my complaint (over 4 weeks) and I can contact OFCOM now about the delay or I can just wait 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Hilarious that they're trying to fob you off. If it were me I'd say thanks, I will await your response and I can add that to my correspondence with Ofcom should it be necessary to contact them at a later stage".

Reactions: 9
Hilarious that they're trying to fob you off. If it were me I'd say thanks, I will await your response and I can add that to my correspondence with Ofcom should it be necessary to contact them at a later stage".
I’m planning to give it 2 more weeks and then Ofcom. Like Sallie with her BBC buddies I have an Ofcom buddy 😜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
BBC Complaint update for anyone who cares. Received an email from them today stating they still haven’t got round to dealing with my complaint (over 4 weeks) and I can contact OFCOM now about the delay or I can just wait 🙄
Thanks for the update.

Reactions: 5
Sorry to be too lazy to scroll back but what was your complaint about? I presume the Mytrollhell documentary.

I have to say the weird clique with SH, CM and Lauren Laverne is one of the reasons I started to doubt the ‘honesty’ of SH’s self-presentation online. It is absolutely bizarre the lengths that trio go to to advertise their friendship and display it in public. My closest friends and I barely interact online, because we text/call...why do it in public? Why not admit something a friend of yours said might be conceived as racist?

BTW I also COULD NOT BELIEVE SH said she was unable to wear yellow toned foundation in that video, when her whole shtick for over a decade has been that everyone looks better with a yellow colour, and how it makes you look as if you are bathed in candlelight. The absolute gall of saying the opposite and then claiming ‘honesty’ as your USP is staggering.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
This is entirely off topic but why is Hannah Martin’s lipstick always so messy? I can’t focus on anything else on her face. (I like her a lot, think she’s sound and gorgeous but she’s dreadful at transparency and her hyper luxury product unboxing all day every day of lockdown has been a lot).

Reactions: 6
This is entirely off topic but why is Hannah Martin’s lipstick always so messy? I can’t focus on anything else on her face. (I like her a lot, think she’s sound and gorgeous but she’s dreadful at transparency and her hyper luxury product unboxing all day every day of lockdown has been a lot).
I used to follow Hannah but I stopped after she quit Bobbi Brown because she’s become the same as all the other influencers. She has a lovely personality and I liked her makeup style and tutorials, but her lack of transparency with ads and gifts, and the volume of product is truly excessive. As you say, a lot of it is high end too, so out of reach for most of us. I just find her unrelatable these days.

Reactions: 10
Speaking of Hannah Martin, does anyone remember that video she did with Sali for Sali's website? Sali looked amazing, so pretty

Reactions: 4
She often wears the wrong colour foundation as well, which I find strange. Her neck and décolleté rarely match her face. And she did a Bobbi Brown video a week or so ago where she used a face powder that was clearly too dark for her and left her with a yellow patch on her tzone 🤦🏼‍♀️

She often wears the wrong colour foundation as well, which I find strange. Her neck and décolleté rarely match her face. And she did a Bobbi Brown video a week or so ago where she used a face powder that was clearly too dark for her and left her with a yellow patch on her tzone 🤦🏼‍♀️
Wasn't she even called out about it by a makeup artist who was doing her wedding makeup in a video? Sali said she usually wore one shade, the makeup artist (Mary Greenwell?) started putting it on and was then like no this is too dark for you.

I'll see if I can find the video.

Edit: Sorry I'm too dim to work out how to attach a YouTube video but it's called Sali Hughes pretty natural. And it's not for her wedding, it's for a book shoot it looks like. I'm sure you ladies have watched it already.

Reactions: 6
I watched the Bobbi Brown video and was mesmerised by he forehead. It's so very smooth. I mean, even when raising her eyebrows there's not a single wrinkle.

• Wow
Wasn't she even called out about it by a makeup artist who was doing her wedding makeup in a video? Sali said she usually wore one shade, the makeup artist (Mary Greenwell?) started putting it on and was then like no this is too dark for you.

I'll see if I can find the video.

Edit: Sorry I'm too dim to work out how to attach a YouTube video but it's called Sali Hughes pretty natural. And it's not for her wedding, it's for a book shoot it looks like. I'm sure you ladies have watched it already.
i was talking about Hannah Martin, but yes you are correct about Sali. She believed she was a shade 2 (and her party trick is supposedly being able to match people to their correct foundation shade at a glance), but Mary corrected her and pointed out that she was a 1.

Furthermore, Zanna Roberts matched her to Light Beige in the Milk foundation stick (has anyone tried that) yet Sali said in her foundation video last year that she is Light (a darker shade...).

Last edited:
  • Wow
I'm still slowly catching up on threads - why was she trying to push a racist angle onto here? The exGTLers being racist (bollocks), the speculation about her going to a synagogue? Why is she only saying this now? If any of it was true surely she would have used such excellent ammunition far earlier? And why the glee going through her stalker notebook reeling off people's professions when most of those professions make people here look like thoughtful compassionate hardworking types who might just have legitimate concerns with her? And with Liz Earle there were 20 WOMEN, but other times she says 30 WOMEN.
It literally makes no sense at all. No wonder a lawyer probably laughed in her face after charging a lot of money.
BTW I Googled her friend's name and this place certainly does not come up on the first pages so that isn't true. Shocking news I know.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.