Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rosemarina

VIP Member
ABSOLUTELY, @GTL Old-Timer. This is exactly why some people suspect Sali of dishonesty over undeclared financial arrangements, because she’s travelling 2.5 hours each way to Hershesons for a free haircut WHY?

Reactions: 13

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Hilarious how she advises the high street as one of the places where people should buy leopard print coats. Where does she think most people shop? Even those on decent salaries aren't likely to be spending loads of money on designer clothes, much less designer leopard print coats. Has she not heard of the "stretched middle?"
I know, she’s on another planet. People can’t even afford to shop on the high street at the moment. She’s so out of touch.

Reactions: 13

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
It's like suddenly starting yas kweening in the company of black women. I may be off on this but that's how it comes across to me.
Like this?
1605032469979.png

As opposed to, for example, this:

1605032834094.png

Not that I'm accusing her of anything and these are two completely different shows, but seems like an interesting change in register. English is not my first language, so 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 12

Aude

VIP Member
Apparently she and Esther have reconciled things, or come to an understanding, behind the scenes.
IIRC she said a while ago (on Twitter I think) that she and EC had now 'apologised to each other' and she said the same about her and DOP. Slight puzzlement here at the time as to why EC or DOP would have needed to apologise to her.

I think it’s the hyperbole that makes it so difficult. Ordinarily I dislike the public pressuring someone to “tell the truth” or “clear it up” but in this case there are some very specific points which should be cleared up (first got Botox around x date, don’t have a commercial relationship with y never received so much as a press treatment) this is important in relation to professional integrity.
Then things which “could” be cleared up (no the hair isn’t dyed) this more important for personal integrity.
Then actually there’s not a lot left bar people saying they don’t like your pricey jumper addiction, but your hair looks nice up for a change sometimes.
It is bizarre the way it all got so complicated.

I was thinking about how she could have handled things so much better - nipped it in the bud rather than fuelled it the way she did with the 'stalking' and the inflammatory video and the constant nasty references.

For example if after she'd learnt about here and read a bit she'd come here and posted (or posted on Instagram) something like:

'I know that as someone who posts regularly on Instagram people are going to have views on what I post - and not always positive. Do feel free to post any (polite of course) comments on my posts and ask any questions and I'll respond as best I can. You know I always try to be honest in my work. If you think I'm not, let me know - give me the chance to clear it up.'

Although I think the facilities on Tattle are good, one thing that annoys me is the way it puts any consecutive posts by the same poster together (as with mine above). Sometimes I want to 'like' one post but not necessarily the other and I'm sure that's the same for others. (Apologies to the three people who 'liked' my first post above but may dislike or have no view on the second.)

ETA: The paragraph above - about the way Tattle puts posts together - is a separate point from point I was trying to make immediately above about how things could have been handled differently. That might have been clear?

Last edited:
  • Heart

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
OT
I don't know if it's my new antihistamine drugs or I'm losing it completely, but I'm just imagining Susie, Nick and the late Pavarotti doing their box dye hair colour on each other and checking if they have some left on their ears and neck. Susie does their eyebrows and sometimes they leave it on too long.

1326_v9_ba.jpg

Lost it!

• Haha

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Shilling absolutely unnecessary products to fuel or create insecurities? Fuck right off Sali. My vag smells fine. And so would yours if you stopped hating it.

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Ok I tried to read it but I had to stop. I knew there would be a reference to “builders” tea. I can’t stand that phrase. It’s only used by southerners and middle class types. It’s just tea. If you like strong black tea just say so, if you’re so worried you might be given a weak cup. And of course, nothing makes tea stronger than...removing the bag and dumping it on your plate next to your toast? I realise that’s not Sali’s fault that photo was used but jeez. Reminds me of some wannabe Bullingdon-Club types at uni who came from “money” who dropped then threw chips and paper all over the floor in the local chip shop because they had finished and it didn’t matter because someone will pick it up. They had never been to a chip shop before. Apparently boarding school failed to prepare them how to behave in one.
My gears are ground.
Edit- missed a sentence as I was soooooo angry

• Sad
  • Angry

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
I think we should (primly) avoid speculation about Sali’s fragrant ‘areas’ as it will only be used against us (yuck).

• Haha
  • Sick

Originalnuttah

Is it bad that I use my husband’s razor? He is subscribed to Cornerstone (metal handle and razors, come in recyclable packaging) and the quality of their razor is so much better than the flimsy plastic ones. I don’t understand why razors have to be gender specific. Just another way of cashing in on old stereotypes.

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Didn’t Linda Evangelista allegedly apply her eyeliner before she went to bed for a similar perfect result?
Who knew Linda and I had so much in common? Stunning, similar makeup "techniques"... 💅:LOL:

Used to work a treat on me too but sadly age has rendered me unable to wear eyeliner, I used to NEED it and now it looks bloody awful!
I also use less of it than before. Losing lid space as I'm typing this.

• Haha

The Dowager

Chatty Member
Thank you!

I love Biscuit Brew! Haven’t got hold of the Toast and Jam one yet.

Just realised, I guess I really am here for the tea 🤣
Biscuit Brew is glorious, Toast and Jam is bizarrely accurate in its description and wouldn’t be to everyone’s taste but I like it in the afternoon in lieu of a sweet snack.

I’m also a TeaWanker™️ and like Earl Grey but can’t get on with green or herbal teas no matter how hard I try. The thought is great, the smell is great, the taste is...

So I have some Sali Ewes content, I cannot get over her Kardashian comment. She’s such a pretentious snob, and has undergone quite the volte face from her previous position of thinking it’s ok to tweet about Kim’s handjob technique.

• Haha

Enid Swamp

Ah Heather Shimmer, made us all look dead but we loved it so.

Throw on a bit of Lipcote for that added no moisture look 🥰

• Haha

Mselvista

VIP Member
'These aren't money saving but a guide to living someone else's life' - I think that's an interesting comment.
That's the one that struck a chord with me too. It basically sums up India's, Caitlin's and Sali's articles and books.
Can't believe the "areas of life" spin. Is Scrabble an area of life?

cholulamare

Chatty Member
Hope it's not a sign of what's to come.
It's the same as it's been for ages tbf - only featuring guests who are promoting a product or line. This one just sticks out more because of the aggressive Instagram aesthetic of the guest. But afaik she's not had a non-commercial guest for ages? I think that's just the purpose of the videos these days.