Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Went to read the article to kill what ever joy I have left or to give it a boost. It could have gone either way.

"But let me first say that I am made angry by razors". Made angry, do tell.
"They are ugly, plasticky, environmentally unhelpful and make the shower look messy." Ugly? Sure, they're not the height of design like a vintage car, but they're not supposed to be. Plasticky? Only R. M. Rilke can parallel her poetic language. "Environmentally unhelpful" as opposed to what? What could help the environment most is not shaving at all. "Make the shower look messy" - what? how?

Made it this far.
I can quite honestly say that in all my years of shaving, when choosing a razor my first thought has NEVER been "Will it make the shower look messy?" :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Wobblehead

VIP Member
All my Christmas and Birthdays came at once when they invented Biscuit Brew. I died and went to heaven..... in my wicker/cardboard coffin

• Haha

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
And wasn't she quite often scathing about poor Michelle Heaton's too dark foundation? I think I remember both a tweet and a column where she mentioned it.
And that eyeshadow looks dreadful. In the video she said they were brilliantly blendable but there is absolutely no evidence of that here plus the colour (on her anyway) just looks very odd.
Sali’s make up know how always takes me back to Mary Greenwell correcting Sali’s own foundation choice “You’re a 1 babe, not a 2, I’ll wipe it off”.

• Haha

Hereforthefacts

Chatty Member
The kids say bougie for what we would have said the word "fancy" for. Apparently.

She's done it now hasn't she? Using youth speak and doing ITB with Jamie Genevieve (which sounds just like another advert for her new eyeshadow palettes masquerading as a cute little getting to know you bathroom chat). Credibility rating currently? Zero. Who the hell is advising her to take this route?
There's a word my teens use to describe someone or something odd and / or suspicious. "Sketchy". I love it and think it's perfect for our Sali, because that's what she is - sketchy as F.....

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Why doesn’t she follow her own advice?????

“'A good, arched brow – thicker than Edith Piaf's, thinner than Kate Middleton's – works better than Botox'”

What a difference nine years makes. She looked so much better before. What on earth has happened to her? She looks like a totally different person now!

View attachment 306013
Gosh she was so pretty then. A much softer natural face. The reason I liked her and trusted her advice.

mindlessness

VIP Member
Living on the opposite side of the world meant I missed all the exciting tea chat! Alas.
I lived in Kent for a year at 18 and was introduced to Yorkshire tea and now it’s my go to. Thankfully they are for sale at the supermarket here in Aus and not priced too badly given it’s an import. I also must confess an affection for exorbitantly priced Fortnum and Mason blends😅 But day to day, for obvious £$ reasons, Yorkshire is my love.

That Observer article is so many levels of gross and you all have voiced everything I would say.

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
He didn't actually call anyone a chuntering idiot directly, he said "Did you know that buying things that aren’t horrendously expensive is quite good? Or that Pot Noodles can be frigging delicious? You did, of course, because you’re not a chuntering idiot or putting on a faux-naive act for the purposes of writing a feature in a Sunday supplement."

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Uh oh, she's going to say we migrated from here to Facebook. Instead of going for the most likely explanation of the people on facebook didn't like the article either

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
L’occinane 25% Shea butter.
Best hand cream ever! It's really expensive, but worth every penny. I use it during the day as well. Unfortunately, I think they are not cruelty free, and neither is my second recommendation: La Roche Posay Lipikar Baume. Also has shea butter, excellent for sensitive skin or when dealing with certain medical issues. Their lip balm is also great. If someone is from Germany or Austria or anywhere that has "dm", the Alverde calendula lip balm is the best drugstore lip balm I've ever tried.

And purely because I don't want to lose my sewer rat status: is it me or are Sali's eyebrows getting more severe?
Will she partner with some school supply store and sell these as a new can't live without makeup tool:
1603733828703.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Enid Swamp

Ohmydayz @Puzzfish I didn’t see your comment - stomped in like the little girl in the yellow cardi and her toothbrush and thought I did a GD mic drop. When effectively you had said it already - I completely agree with you.

• Heart

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Didn't read the article. However, I'm done with this kind of distribution of blame for our planet being a dumpster fire. Have to emphasise that I'm not a complete arsehole and I recycle and blah blah blah... hell, I don't even drive a car. But, I draw the line at fucking razor blade cartridges.

• Haha

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
Yeah, I was surprised she didn't mention that. I mean, has she tested the facial mist and cream to know they're effective?

And yeah, the bit about washing the vulva - I bet we'll be accused of "THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT MY GENITALS" soon. I really didn't need to know about her cystitis. Having said that, the Gallinée bar IS very good, I like to take it on holiday and use it for face, hair, everywhere.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Menopause seems to be current ‘thing’ to talk about in order to sell more shit to women who think they might need it.
Word 😂.
Yes the menopausal woman is the next cash cow to be milked dry. Especially galling as stuff is being recommended by women who 'aren't there yet'. I am fascinated to know why Sali feels remotely qualified endorsing a product when she has no idea of it's efficacy.

• Heart

Mazerati

Chatty Member
I used to have massive problems as a child because I was so shy and awkward. But I have had to grow out of it as a lawyer. Surely her trade as a journalist requires her to have better people skills? She just comes across as someone who can’t be arsed. (Maybe she can’t!)
Agree. She needs people skills in her job. However we should probs stop giving her that journalist title. She may well call herself that but I shall not.

• Haha

Mselvista

VIP Member
I think Becky was real. There must be due diligence and a trail of receipts to show she was who she's purported to be.
She possibly told her family/friends because Sali was acting in an unpredictable manner and Becky shat herself as thoight she might be about to be doxxed

And, why would ‘Becky’ have had to tell her family what had happened with Sali. ‘Her’ voice was disguised.
Her voice was disguised to protect her from us, remember? 🤣 You know the tattle code that if a poster leaves and does media interviews we go "I wonder which poster she was" and then forget all about it.

• Haha