Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BostonFernGreen

Chatty Member
No need for Philosykos when you can buy Tesco own brand fig rolls and rub them on your pulse points.
This is the top tattle comment of all time.

Perfume parlour would have been a fabulous addition to her list but maybe they asked her to stay away from beauty? She’s recently done one of her budget edits, hasn’t she? I don’t think Estée Lauder would be impressed if she turned lots of people onto perfume parlour.

Noticed that Sali did a Bobbi Brown paid ad on Instagram and a week later a Guardian column mainly about MAC. Both are owned by Estée Lauder. I’ve no experience of the rules around this stuff so I’m not sure what the standard is. However, if I were paid for an ad by a company privately one week, I would not be advertising another branch of their business in an impartial column in a national newspaper the next. Even if I wanted to. Even if I was genuinely desperate to tell people that buying single shadows is the best thing in the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
what's her obsession with cleaning her vulva?
It's the only time something of note is happening to it?

Having read the article, I wanted to die on the second paragraph. And all I can think of now is that the cheapest option would be to become a victim of a serial killer who would then bury me under his patio or dissolve me in acid.

• Haha

Mselvista

VIP Member
She may not recognise her but she's watched her sex tape (in which KK's technique was obvs not up to SH's exacting standards).

20201109_110326.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha

cholulamare

Chatty Member
Don’t Kylie and Kim both have very successful make up and perfume lines, yet Sali the Beauty Editor of The Guardian wouldn’t recognise them?

Sure Sali
And Kendall is a supermodel who's had a tonne of covers for Vogue and the rest of Sali's beloved glossy magazines, and is also Estee Lauder brand ambassador - I'm sure she was the face of Double Wear for a while, which Sali has recommended, and she was also the face of the 'Estee Edit' collection, which Sali featured in multiple columns. But she wouldn't know her face? What a weird hill to die on for a beauty editor in the year 2020.

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
It's ridiculous snobbery. It's as if she's afraid that saying she knows them is like some kind of full endorsement of everything about them. This "nana" act is not endearing or charming in any way, Sali. It just makes you look extremely silly

That's very true, I had forgotten about her supposed sustainability credentials. Urgh. Also not to be THAT person but its not the cheapness of the tea she's discussing, the strength and malty flavour comes from the region/manufacturing process, get yourself an ethically sourced, Assam based breakfast tea, small leaf/CTC method for strong brew and you'll have the flavour without exploitation

• Heart

rosemarina

VIP Member
I laughed at that too 😀. She can never just do a post celebrating somebody else without illustrating it with pictures of herself, the mad narcissist.

• Haha
  • Sick

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Dubious ethics aside, it’s such a weirdly long article.

Surely it’s designed to provoke a massive reaction in the comments section (I’m desperate to weigh in on how there’s nothing cheap or low brow about fresh coffee made in a cafetière but actually who gives a shit what I think?) and get all those repeat visits and page hits the guardian so desperately needs, but comments are turned off. What’s the actual point of this article? Is anyone sitting at home reading it and saying ‘oh she’s so right, finally someone hit back at artisan bakers’?
That is just what I thought - it was a lightweight, albeit incredibly long article to get people talking, and commenting. Does she hope it will start all over again on twitter?
Plus it seems tone deaf in these times - a lot of people can't afford to buy 'posh' so it isn't a fun option to ironically buy cheap eg cheap coffee is instant, and cheap cola is own brand - not Coke or Pepsi. And struggling artisan bakeries will really appreciate this elegant kicking from her Grenson ( not Shoe Fare) clad foot.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I have never ever used any kind of wash, fruity shower gel or intimate wash down there. And how would shower gel give cystitis, a urinary tract infection?

If she'd said thrush, fair enough. But cystitis from shower gel? Now I'm no doctor but....

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
Those photos of her posing painfully with a cocktail remind me of being 15 and people at school posing with Bacardi Breezers in myspace photos.

I keep getting targeted ads for party wear / makeup. Surely even with the run in time for manufacturing / press campaigns marketing teams could tell Christmas would be lower-key this year? Feels even tackier than normal.

(The Vampires dress pic that she tagged Vogue in, I reckon she was hoping for them to repost it)

The cleanser video "I think calling it cream foam to cleanser isn't entirely honest to be honest".
Theres a thread title in there somewhere...

Last edited:
  • Haha

Mazerati

Chatty Member
We rarely have baths either, but on the odd occasion either one of us feels the urge it is just so worth it. Utterly marvellous for relaxing on a winter evening after a long, stressful day. I say keep the tub!
Considering getting a very large bucket,

• Haha
  • Heart

Originalnuttah

Well, the column is nothing more than endless lines of products, isn’t it? Getting more and more forlornly niche with each week. Remember the joy of waking up to an invigorating article about sustainable razors on a Saturday morning?

To me make up artists like LE or WG are enjoyable and inspiring to watch because they focus on looks/skin issues/coping with ageing etc and NOT the blinking products the whole time.

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Clarks sell really sturdy metal shoehorns with a decent long handle for about 8 quid.
I mean if shoe horns aren’t ripe for a Nanna chic reinvention, I don’t know what is. There’s got to be potential to add faux feminist slogans and Nanna-style retro flower motifs? Just scanned Etsy and found no sign of any. Quick! Some skidder set up a niche Fancy Shoe Horns business and that’ll be a swipe-up or pre-Christmas column sorted for her. (Not strictly beauty but she’s clearly desperate for content.)

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Oh dear. In a way I feel *slightly* sorry for Sali. Someone somewhere told her an amusing tweet could be expanded into a whole feature. The trouble is twitter is an echo chamber where dissenters are weeded out so she no doubt believed her followers clapping like seals telling her how marvellous and witty she was - so she ran with it. I suppose the whole article was meant to be lightweight and amusing rather than actually useful.
Reminds me I looked at a (cheap) scrabble set last year for a Christmas present and it was £25. Board games are stupidly expensive.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
New Sali article on guardian this morning about how cheap is best. So many irritating and lazy things to unpick but I CBA. (Quick synopsis - her love of cheap chocolate is of course included. As are massive gold hoops and leopard print coats. Yaaawwwwn)
Blimey she's been threatening that one for years. I see 'posh' is used a lot.
It is a very strange article - including coffins and pets? I might have to read it again as the first time I found too odd to take it. It is so long and so, well, pointless.
And I think she forgot her old favourite in her Posh vs cheap shtick - crisps. Isn't that always one example she cites? But very cheering to see the inclusion of kitchen toasters.

• Haha

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
This sort of article feels like a step backwards for feminism / menstrual public health, minimising the symptoms to the degree that they can just be sprayed away?

• Heart