Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Badabing101

VIP Member
Happily I am awake with middle of the night insomnia, UGH. I’m normally pretty good sleep wise but these last couple of weeks have been a bitch for it. I’m just posting to say I enjoy this thread and the others that are related very much. Would love a tea / coffee / hun hangout but tier 3 beckons here. I’m generally a mixed bag with likes and loves etc -some days I’m liking indiscriminately and others I am very considered. Lisa’s Lipsticks arrived today but I couldn’t bring myself to break into the lipstick and ruin the perfection of the fresh bullet.... got the Beauty set ( kept getting confused with blush) it’s gorgeous. Might have been influenced to buy a Velvet Ribbon too.

I know we don’t stray onto COVID chat here, but it’s really getting to me this past week or 2. The chat here really brightens my day up - which I realise sounds mega sad - I do have friends honest 😂.
Re the sleepover, could Lisa read a bedtime story? I’m sure I would sleep soundly after that!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

rosemarina

VIP Member
Has she... has she just...

Has she just posted about a new palette without actually showing us the palette, just two pictures of her face instead?

Narcissist.

• Haha
  • Sick

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
The bobbi brown advert made me wince, she is so rough with the skin
She often looks like she's assaulting her face with a brush, not applying makeup.

Had a look at the latest video, boy, she's really going for it

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
The eye shadow is interesting :poop:
For me, the best part is the not at all forced bare shoulder.

flashdancesweater.jpg
❤

---------------------------------------------------------------

1604999493398.png

Was she saying how ITBW is not about pushing someone's products? :D An interview with an influencer, can't wait for what will be an interesting chat. If nothing else, will Sali be able to be completely honest about Jamie's "Instagram look"? Although, with her recent choice of eyebrows she seems to be jumping camp. Nothing wrong with changing your mind, just sayin', ok?

Last edited:
  • Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
she says is that there are people who have contacted her to say they have felt suicidal and attempted suicides
This is often said by the same people who claim tattle is full of posts telling people to kill themselves. Of course this is totally made up to suit an agenda.

They jump to one of the worst possible and totally indefensible things you could ever say to discredit.

The issue isn't even about tattle, it's about public figures / celebs being spoken about. Something that has always happened, long before the advent of paper let alone the internet.

It's time for an actual discussion, that also includes all the negative affects these influencers have on their follower's mental health.

But none of them actually want something balanced and sensible. It's all one sided and tattle should shut down, they're evil trolls. Which doesn't help anyone, including themselves.

@Too Much did a great post on responsibility that articulates it far better than I ever could - https://tattle.life/posts/2578522/

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Personally, I love the dress. I thought SH looked great in it and that it was a brilliant choice for a wedding dress.
Before Sali commissions another documentary entitled 'MY trolls were mean about my wedding dress(es)' I thought she looked nice too. I just don't get the hype around a brand that seems to only produce literally one style of dress in a variety of scratchy looking materials.

Mselvista

VIP Member
20201108_130423.jpg

Reader, it was not out "soon".
Apart from asking her followers on Twitter (which I always think is a damn cheek for something you're getting paid for) did she do any research for this "piece"? Because bamboo or wicker coffins aren't the cheapest option. It wanted one for my dad's funeral 8 years ago and was surprised how much more expensive they were than basic oak. Having just checked online they still appear to be more expensive than oak from funeral directors (buying direct isn't really an option for most when organising a funeral because of timescales, even if the funeral directors is happy with it) and cardboard coffins are exactly the same price as oak for the ones I checked. Wonder if she just assumed they would be cheaper (as most people would assume) because the manufacture will be much cheaper, not taking into account low demand.

• Heart

cholulamare

Chatty Member
All this vegetarian chat has just reminded me of being on a Ryanair flight last year (sob, I never thought I would be longing again for THAT experience) and witnessing this exchange:
Woman: "Do you not have any vegetarian sandwiches?"
Steward: "We have chicken salad"
Woman: *stares*

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
The Guardian posted the article with "25 areas of life where you can save cash without compromising." It's like they're trying to back pedal, it was positioned as a "humorous, witty" piece but now when they've realised how tone deaf it was, they're trying to position it as a genuine guide to saving money. Hilarious!

• Haha
  • Sick

Runestone

„They discussed my fanny“ would have to be followed or preceded by two more words, to add drama. Preferably also starting with f. fanny - family - fake tan. I’m no good at this, but then I’m not a journalist.

I can never decide what to read first: tattle comment or column. Today I chose tattle, now I’m heading over to The Guardian full of anticipation. Can’t wait to read Sali’s elegantly tiptoeing around her downstairs.

No Sali on the Guardian site, but Hadley Freeman seems to be back.

I still can’t Organizer my posts! 🙄
How long do I have to wait so that two consecutive posts don’t get shown as one?

There - it happened again! And it’s *organize of course
Writing 50 000 words of a novel this month so don’t have the time to post much right now but that has to be the next thread title. Sali Hughes Elegantly tip toeing around her downstairs 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Originalnuttah

👏

That "Karishmua" should be ashamed of herself, wasting her medical training 🩺 (it doesn't say how many years she studied) for a different kind of leeching.
It’s a sad example of how devalued the medical profession in this country is. Underpaid, overworked and undervalued- shouldn’t be at all a surprise that being influencer ends up making more sense for some.

It irks me the amount of freebies being thrown at influencers and celebs. Frankie Bridge posted some photos on her insta from Legoland who’d gifted her family a trip, guessing for one of her boy’s bdays. Surely legoland could make some other ordinary kid and their family happy instead of gifting stuff to people who are more that able to afford the trip.

• Sad

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
(I realise I sound insufferably pedantic not nesning to be just explfining my thinking. Also unlike Sali when she's making a documentary for BBC Radio, I like to do *some* research, even though trolling's just a hobby and not my profession.)
That reminds me - speaking of the Mytrollhell documentary which I still haven't listened to - did she anywhere address the fact she has Never visited here and is relying on friends and family relaying to her what is said? Why would Radio 4 commission something by someone who has done zero research on the topic? Wierd.

• Haha

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Anyone seen her IGTV this morning?! I was too distracted by her yellow cheeks and forehead to pay attention to the products.

Sali, love, you’re wearing the wrong shade of foundation. You’re not as bronzed as you think you are and it looks naff AF.

EAFA1992-DADA-4E5F-B5C8-6F012A28E877.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Her column is officially a pile of utter crock. She considers herself a “journalist” yet writes nothing but fluff and tripe, meanwhile makeup artists like Lisa Eldridge (what IS her beef with LE) and Wayne Goss infinitely surpass her with their content output.

Just look at this as an example. The Guardian needs to get rid and replace her with someone who’s actually worth our subscription fees.

• Heart