Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s clearly owning her behaviour in that Twitter exchange isn’t she, or saying she did? It’s what she wants from users here right? No anonymity etc, ownership, apologies for the distress it causes her (this is my reading of her position - I don’t really know what I make of any of it).

• Wow
Reactions: 3
She’s clearly owning her behaviour in that Twitter exchange isn’t she, or saying she did? It’s what she wants from users here right? No anonymity etc, ownership, apologies for the distress it causes her (this is my reading of her position - I don’t really know what I make of any of it).
I think she is "owning it" as she doesn't really have any choice. The proof of the bullying campaign against Dawn P is there in the LimeGoss article and in Aude's wiki in black and white.

I find the reason "back when twitter was new" very weird too. You were horrible to someone because using social media was a novelty? No, you were horrible because you are snide and supercilious surely.

Reactions: 24
For me the underhand message amongst everything she says is that there are people who have contacted her to say they have felt suicidal and attempted suicides as a result if what’s been said here. Without giving an example of the things she has been told, she (not for the first time) conflates two separate issues here- the supposed issue with the ‘lies’ said about her in particular and that of any other celeb/influencer discussed on this website. It’s really hard to appreciate her point of view without having examples of the ‘lies’ she mentions. I can only go by what’s been said on her threads as I don’t really go on other threads, and cannot see anything that’s been particularly nasty/malicious or untrue. It’s good to see she’s owning up to the DoP story.

Reactions: 6
"When Twitter was new and I had very few followers" Guess what Sali, Twitter was new to all of us at one point and I'm pretty sure most of us didn't talk tit about a peer/ colleague on it.

Reactions: 14
Deep research klaxon!!! I’m pretty sure Sali doesn’t just get her hair cut at Hersheson’s, she also has a light dusting of barely there extensions to bulk out her wispy locks. These whisper light extensions complement the weak dilute of botox she has done once in a blue moon & the smidge of filler she has to correct her wonky top lip (done ages ago & probably worn off). Extensions would cost a lorra lorra cash so is well worth the travel time if she has them done as a comp.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
COGNITIVE DISSONANCE 101.

"I'm better than all of you on Tattle because <insert arbitrary reason why here" She thinks she's saintly in the case of Esther Walker because she didn't rag on her on her own page. She did it in a public space where all of her thousands of followers could read it and join in the pile-on because they are so desperate to impress HRH SH (mean girl syndrome again) but because she didn't say it to her actual virtual face, sainthood is maintained. Er, isn't that what we're doing here?

Reactions: 9
Owning it to an extent, and minimising it for all she’s worth.

Reactions: 10
Owning it to an extent, and minimising it for all she’s worth.
Totally. "Becky" apologised for talking about her here but Sali is still baying for her blood and acts like it's unforgivable. But she apologised to a peer who mixes in the same circles as her so that's fine? She's a massive hypocrite

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I wouldn't really call some comments hidden away that hardly anyone will read owning it.

It's like a printing a misleading front page, then issuing an apology hidden somewhere near the back in a font you need a magnifying glass to read.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Re. the grey hair - I thought I had quite a bit, grew it out a couple of inches, and I really haven’t. Sali is much darker than me, and I can imagine she may have thought she was properly “going grey”, but as her hair has “grown out” she found she only has a sprinkling. My very dark haired aunts all had a good few grey hairs in their 20s, but now in their 60s they don’t have many more and are all still visibly brunette without any dye.

I’m a bit mystified about the “lies” though.

ETA apologies for overuse of “”

Reactions: 3
I'm still interested in how she gets the info about what's on the threads. I'm more and more sure she is reading here, the little snippets of our conversation she slips in every now and then is too word perfect for her not to be reading here.

She mentions in that instagram comment our "private little corner of the internet". I have said this (and so have others recently) almost verbatim. I feel (maybe paranoidly) it's akin to the liking of someone's childs facebook picture. A way of saying I see you.

Reactions: 7
She mentions in that instagram comment our "private little corner of the internet". I have said this (and so have others recently) almost verbatim. I feel (maybe paranoidly) it's akin to the liking of someone's childs facebook picture. A way of saying I see you.
See this is the influencer/journalist problem again. If I was having an online gossip about an influencer, I might not be so shocked if she and her mates tracked me down and liked me or followed me. That’s kind of on the same playing field online-online. Instead you’ve got a broadcaster/journalist (and friends) doing that. It’s a power imbalance.

And again, why did it happen? Discussion shut down on insta, Twitter, Mum’s net, SHB, Guardian (as is her right). Why not get this shut down through the appropriate channels? Why make it personal?

• Heart
she says is that there are people who have contacted her to say they have felt suicidal and attempted suicides
This is often said by the same people who claim tattle is full of posts telling people to kill themselves. Of course this is totally made up to suit an agenda.

They jump to one of the worst possible and totally indefensible things you could ever say to discredit.

The issue isn't even about tattle, it's about public figures / celebs being spoken about. Something that has always happened, long before the advent of paper let alone the internet.

It's time for an actual discussion, that also includes all the negative affects these influencers have on their follower's mental health.

But none of them actually want something balanced and sensible. It's all one sided and tattle should shut down, they're evil trolls. Which doesn't help anyone, including themselves.

@Too Much did a great post on responsibility that articulates it far better than I ever could - https://tattle.life/posts/2578522/

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm still interested in how she gets the info about what's on the threads. I'm more and more sure she is reading here, the little snippets of our conversation she slips in every now and then is too word perfect for her not to be reading here.

Of course she's reading here. Naive to think otherwise. Can't believe we're still speculating.

Apparently she and Esther have reconciled things, or come to an understanding, behind the scenes.
Fair enough then.
I can understand she would want to know what’s written here if she wants to try to sue or something, but I really hope she is getting someone else to read it for her. She does not have the resilience. Unfortunately there will always be people who don’t like you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.