Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
FINALLY I've found a lipstick that suits everyone, but she won't tell me what the shade is, the bitch.

ch3xr8ug8qu51.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

fakebaker

I am such an avid lurker on this thread. It is witty. There are tips are recommendations.
I just wanted to say that I appreciate you all, your words can cheer a dull day. Cheers. xx

• Heart

crossword

On the topic of giving likes: I often like posts because I feel the poster is being very open and dare I say honest. When the way some of you put things just touches a nerve. This sewer is truly full of really thoughtful, eloquent and funny people.

• Heart

Originalnuttah

Another insufferable self-indulgent post by SH. I’ve started calling her ‘double-tick Sali’. It works like this:
- she casually declares something is great/important/worthy;
- she then states how she’s already known about it/done it/had it.

Read:
- Look, it’s the dress of the decade✔
- I had 2 of them before they were on sale and paid for them myself ✔

Works the opposite way too:
- I get invited to lots of press junkets ✔
- but I’m notorious for declining most of them ✔

Btw I really dislike the first dress on her, but she looks great in the second one. IMO Kate Middleton looked better as the dress suits a longer person. Either way, it’s a very recognisable dress that has been worn by a number of celebs pre-SH wore it on her wedding day.

• Heart

rosemarina

VIP Member
Plus it seems tone deaf in these times - a lot of people can't afford to buy 'posh' so it isn't a fun option to ironically buy cheap eg cheap coffee is instant, and cheap cola is own brand - not Coke or Pepsi. And struggling artisan bakeries will really appreciate this elegant kicking from her Grenson ( not Shoe Fare) clad foot.
She came from Wales, she had a thirst for knowledge fame.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
If anything, comments here have HIGHLIGHTED the casual (and at times blatant) racism of Sali Hughes and her friends. Sali’s just trying to deflect attention away from her own misdeeds, but the more she lies about us the more we will point out her crap, and threads here will continue to climb in Google’s search results!
Exactly - if we were such foul racists and it is a free for all here why is there literally not one racist post over numerous threads? Yet we could cite numerous instances of it from Sali and some of her friends?
And the faux shock at someone here working for an adoption agency. Ffs as if commenting on someone's botox and poor writing skills means you shouldn't do an actually important job. And always always how dare she take any moral high ground when she is friends with a fiddler.

• Heart

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Actually, Maserati, you were one of them! I almost posted yesterday to say ‘are you ok hun?’ When you posted the blunt message about whether or not Sali reads here. I didn’t because it’s hard to convey tone on here and I didn’t want you to think I was being rude when I was just joking. So in my dream I was meeting you for a coffee to cheer you up:m
Oh my gosh that is the sweetest thing and I so needed to hear that right now. My nerves are seriously jangled this morning. Last night I heard someone howling with grief on the street. I go out and there's a bunch of people comforting a girl who had her phone stolen from someone on a bike. She sounded like it was the last straw for a terrible day and it was so shocking.

Then this morning there was a dawn raid on my next door neighbours. They are a family with small children. I have no idea what's been going on next door but I just cannot stop thinking about those poor kids. My heart just breaks for them. They did nothing wrong and were woken up and experienced such terror.

None of this impacts me directly but I'm feeling pretty raw right now.

I couldn't give a shit about Sali right now. I just needed to vent somewhere so I came here. And saw your post. Maybe let's have that coffee in dreamspace. I could do with it.

Oh my gosh that is the sweetest thing and I so needed to hear that right now. My nerves are seriously jangled this morning. Last night I heard someone howling with grief on the street. I go out and there's a bunch of people comforting a girl who had her phone stolen from someone on a bike. She sounded like it was the last straw for a terrible day and it was so shocking.

Then this morning there was a dawn raid on my next door neighbours. They are a family with small children. I have no idea what's been going on next door but I just cannot stop thinking about those poor kids. My heart just breaks for them. They did nothing wrong and were woken up and experienced such terror.

None of this impacts me directly but I'm feeling pretty raw right now.

I couldn't give a shit about Sali right now. I just needed to vent somewhere so I came here. And saw your post. Maybe let's have that coffee in dreamspace. I could do with it.
Also I have a tendency to be blunt sometimes. it's annoying and I try to moderate myself but then sometimes I have the devil in my brain saying "it's ok to be blunt, stop apologising for your existence" often at the wrong time :/

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

JNRS90

It’s great fun to like “cheap” things when you can afford the expensive ones (or have them as a press sample) isn’t it 🙄

• Sick
  • Heart

Dogmuck

VIP Member
BBC Complaint update for anyone who cares. Received an email from them today stating they still haven’t got round to dealing with my complaint (over 4 weeks) and I can contact OFCOM now about the delay or I can just wait 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Glossies. Not Sali's fault but that word gives me the heaves. The last time I purchased one as a treat a few years ago it was about 6 bloody quid and was about 75% advertising. Absolutely taking the piss. Didn't even have the perfume strips that managed to lacerate your wrists.

• Haha

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
Her new grifted haircut isn't up to much, is it?
Oh god. I need to go and peep at it now, don't I?

The popular influencer Sali Hughes was spotted emerging from Hersheshons looking exactly the same as when she entered, according to our sources.

Hughes, who has over 171k followers, received a free press treatment in exchange for coverage on her Instagram stories, it has been reported.

"As a philanthropist, I consider myself extremely fortunate to be able to reach out to those who need it. My beloved beauty industry, the industry that has sustained me from teenage tearaway to Brighton luvvie, the least I could do is give back to the industry. It was my great pleasure to graciously accept a free treatment in exchange for featuring a few hastily knocked together selfies on my Instagram stories for 24 hours", the influencer was heard murmuring without a trace of self awareness.

At a time when the beauty industry is on its knees and staff are facing furlough, staff were said to have been "honoured" to attend to Hughes for free, our sources reveal. More as we get it
Honestly. Private Eye need you.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Simplemind

Notice how there is no mention of the Caroline Hirons launch at all today.
Maybe she is sensible? Who, unless you have a load of spare cash, would endorse 300£ on some face products? You don’t need to spend that amount of money to have effective skin care. 😡
About 3 years ago I bought some knee high boots that were about 250£. Very expensive for me at the time but I have legs that most boots don’t fit. I still really love my boots and they will last at least another 10 years - face mists and serums would have gone months and months ago. CH stuff for me is bonkers and hyping people up - I would rather spend the money on a new winter woolish coat. Not that I’m going anywhere mind.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Can Sali actually name any of the lies? Because she hasn't so far and countless of her own lies have been shown along with total misrepresentations to manipulate :sneaky:

She's very discreetly, in barely read comments, said before that she's said sorry to Dawn. I'm sure Dawn want's to get over what was a horrific experience from Sali and her chums bullying. She's a far better person than Sali and doesn't want to dwell on it so I'm not surprised she accepted the apology and moved on.

But it's wholly relevant to judge Sali by the same standards she's setting.

And it wasn't all 12 years ago, more lies from Sali. Some of the pile ons she caused were in the last few years.

If the R4 documentary had an ounce of integrity it would have Sali accepting her own shitty behaviour but she's doesn't seem capable of accepting responsibility. Instead it's innocent Sali and 100% someone else's issues.

Too Much

VIP Member
I think that's done because we were getting lots of people triple, quadruple, quintuple and even sextuple 😲 posting.

It's not perfect as sometimes you do want to like a post but can't due to one sentence you don't agree with. But probably better than the alternative.

What I do if I have two seperate posts is write the second one, click preview so it will definitely all be saved then post after someone else has :LOL:

------------------

Maybe adding a line would help separate posts?
BIB is a good tip. In fact, I've just done it for this post.

I've definitely quadruple/quintuple posted before... Maybe not sextuple. I wanted to post several comments before a thread moved on and they were less relevant, and I didn't want to sit around and wait until other people posted so I could 'release' my posts :ROFLMAO: Also, some threads are slow moving and you'd be holding onto your thoughts forever. I'm guessing that people may only have a short timeframe each day to come on here and engage, so they face this dilemma.

I hope you'll allow my previous possibly shameful quintuple post as a rare event (I'm thinking of another poster's 'I'll allow it' meme :ROFLMAO:) I'm seeking your approval 🙏

Adding a line would help make separate posts clearer, but it wouldn't solve the problem of not wanting to like a post if you don't like its constituent parts.

Btw, maybe I'm being stupid, but what's so bad about double, triple etc. posting? There isn't a finite amount of space where you're stopping other people from engaging. I'm thinking of the lady you guys talk about on Sali's forum who posts her empties :ROFLMAO:😘 she doesn't hurt anyone.

Do people really put that much thought into likes? I don't have to agree with everything someone says to "like" a post. Hell, I've even liked posts I disagree with!
I do, but I'm a very considered person in that regard, and I'm sure everyone's different.

I'm sure we all engage here differently but, personally, I do consider quite carefully what I 'like' 'love' etc.

Before I post anything I re-read it and ask myself whether I'm happy to stand by what I've written. Before I 'like' anything I consider whether it's a view I endorse (if it's that sort of post). I also 'like' posts where someone's responded with information to something I've posted.
@Aude, I'm exactly the same as you. Are you a virgo?! If I 'like' or 'love' something, I really do like or love it! And if I click 'haha', it really has made me laugh, or at least smile. I'm quite literal in that way and want to be true to myself. I also consider this forum public in the sense that anyone could see what I've liked if they want, and so I also don't want to like things that I don't really agree with because of that, even thought I consider myself amongst friends here, and no-one knows who I really am! Maybe this is partly why I don't consider myself a troll, because I do take responsibility for my actions in that way. Some people might think I'm taking things a bit seriously, but that's just who I am.

P.s. I even sometimes 'take away' likes when I read something again and don't like it as much as I thought I did :ROFLMAO: That could be considered mean, but it's the truth 🤷‍♀️

I am also an indiscriminate liker and lover. I don't give it much thought. Click happy.
I see you liking my posts Skiddidlydaddle, and I love it! 😘

Omg, now THIS is a 'quadruple post' and everyone hates me.

• Haha
  • Heart

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
I am in agreement with others above. You really don’t need to spend £££ on skincare to get great results. The Ordinary, as one example, has some fantastic actives from the incredibly good value Glycolic 7% to all the way up to AHA 30% peel. And both are less than a tenner. Excellent Korean and Japanese sunscreens can be bought for around a tenner or slightly more, etc, etc.

I would ALWAYS prioritise investment items like a good quality coat or shoes over 💄 and skincare.

What is Caroline thinking in promoting an offer in the midst of a global pandemic and financial crisis???? Out of touch much??????

• Heart

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Sali, if you're using fragranced body lotions for sex (wtf), I think we might have discovered the cause of your cystitis (it ain't the fruity shower gel!)
Sali really is quite the anachronism, isn’t she? A lot of her advice comes across as something you would read in a copy of The Rules, or something. Fragranced body lotion for sex, not letting your bloke’s mother visit more than one weekend every three months...

Call me old fashioned, but I find nothing sexier (TMI?!) than clean, freshly showered skin. Wouldn’t fragranced lotion taste weird?!

• Haha