Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I haven't been here for ages due to personal stuff but have missed you all 😘. Have I missed anything? 😂
Seriously her hard hitting documentary sounds hilarious (I haven't actually listened tbh). I'm sure it has been mentioned but I read her Guardian article and she said how her son's teachers were concerned she would 'sell her children' and how embarrassing it was - but didn't she write a Pool article all about how her son disliked his gym teacher and Sali said it was OK to dislike people - fair enough but surely far more embarrassing and identifiable for all concerned? But I forgotten the futility of trying to apply logic to her musings.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Mselvista

VIP Member
The only time I remember anyone getting kicked off GTL because of reasons related to racism was when Caitlin Moran made her remark that she "literally couldn't give a shit" about the lack of diversity/people of colour in Lena Dunham's Girls. And someone said they weren't saying Caitlin was racist but that was a racist thing to say and then Sali barred her saying something like "libel a celebrity and you will be warned. Libel an unquestionably talented writer who is also a dear friend and you will be banned" (from memory obviously but it was something like that).

I wonder if she got her legal advice from a psychology professor on that occasion too?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
The synagogue thing annoyed me as there are Jewish posters here who wouldn't have stood for any negative comments. Just Sali twisting and distorting things as usual
I’m one such member. Shul security is something ALL Jews take seriously (for obvious reasons) whether we’re observant or not, and I would take strong exception to anyone trying to identify her niece’s synagogue. I would have reported that to a moderator straight away.

I was here the day Sali attended her niece’s Bat Mitvah followed by her ridiculous and obsequious video expressing faux excitement and happiness with Victoria Beckhams beauty products. (The eye lustres and eye pencils ARE lovely though.) No-one here made any derogatory comments in that regard.

If anything, comments here have HIGHLIGHTED the casual (and at times blatant) racism of Sali Hughes and her friends. Sali’s just trying to deflect attention away from her own misdeeds, but the more she lies about us the more we will point out her crap, and threads here will continue to climb in Google’s search results!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 22

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
I’ve said before on the CH thread (name changed and had a break) I’ve done the menopause and not everyone ( including me) has a difficult transition and needs lots of ‘stuff’.

As for a £20 menopause water spray with cooling cucumber , do me a favour😂😂.In one column she’s regaling us with preferring tap water to Evian yet tap water in a spray bottle isn’t good enough for the menopausal flush.

She really does think we’re all dopey.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Kate123

I have to say the weird clique with SH, CM and Lauren Laverne is one of the reasons I started to doubt the ‘honesty’ of SH’s self-presentation online. It is absolutely bizarre the lengths that trio go to to advertise their friendship and display it in public. My closest friends and I barely interact online, because we text/call...why do it in public? Why not admit something a friend of yours said might be conceived as racist?

BTW I also COULD NOT BELIEVE SH said she was unable to wear yellow toned foundation in that video, when her whole shtick for over a decade has been that everyone looks better with a yellow colour, and how it makes you look as if you are bathed in candlelight. The absolute gall of saying the opposite and then claiming ‘honesty’ as your USP is staggering.

• Heart
  • Haha

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
Oh what an edgy article! Sourdough, artisan coffee, she's having none of it!
She's still Sali from the block!

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
She’s clearly owning her behaviour in that Twitter exchange isn’t she, or saying she did? It’s what she wants from users here right? No anonymity etc, ownership, apologies for the distress it causes her (this is my reading of her position - I don’t really know what I make of any of it).
I wouldn't really call some comments hidden away that hardly anyone will read owning it.

It's like a printing a misleading front page, then issuing an apology hidden somewhere near the back in a font you need a magnifying glass to read.

• Heart

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Couldn’t she have paid for a haircut in a salon in Brighton? And given them free advertising on social media?! It’s the smaller businesses that don’t have celebrity clientele which are going to go bust.

The Dowager

Chatty Member
In other news: single eyeshadows. Immensely satisfying, apparently. Oh, and the entire column is about MAC.
Another rubbish column. Besides offering about as much professional insight as Tommy Fury narrating the next series of Blue Planet, the quality of her copy is suffering because she’s trying to sound fancy.

“Add one eyeliner”. Why not write “Add eyeliner”?

“The formulation is unimpeachable.” Unimpeachable? It’s an eyeshadow, not a material witness. Did she mean unsurpassed? Unrivalled? Exemplary?

She’s putting more effort in to her Instagram shilling than her column, and it shows.

• Haha
  • Wow

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Is this about The Vampires Wife post? I just saw it, how embarrassing! Especially the part about getting a dress which was not on the market yet. Humble brag mania.
I also think it was her way of saying "I got it before Kate Middleton and all the celebs started wearing it, okay?"

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I’m still loling through the old threads...India Mitford was a high point. I am getting the impression that herself does not see herself as either an influencer or beauty journalist, more a serious journalist who should be on the sort of career path of peers, took the guardian gig because it sounds good, and has accidentally ended up backing the wrong horse and finds herself in the same group as influencers, whilst print is dying off.
Course, the “me and my trolls” genre is a good route to doing more serious work, I imagine. Yes I am that cynical.
As you were, am off to find out more about whether flat Eric got stuck in the cat flap looking for beef.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Badabing101

VIP Member
It’s like when you’re writing an essay when you were at school / college / university and you got the thesaurus out to sound fancy and intelligent.

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Okay I am absolutely fed up with Sali constantly insisting there are colours to suit all skin tones:

"Similar in finish but a whole lot warmer, is Mulch, a deep, reddy brown like that very expensive hot chocolate you get in Christmas markets, only with a light thread of tinsel. I love it on all skin tones, but if you’re a shimmer-free zone....."

Stop peddling this lie Sali, it simply isn't true. Warm colours like the one just mentioned make me look ill. My copy of Colour Me Beautiful arrived during the week and it makes so much sense. I'm a winter and warm colours just don't suit me. It even says in the book that no one looks good in all colours.

A few days before the book arrived I was wearing a red jumper and I couldn't figure out why it looked so crap as red usually suits me. I then realised it's because it's an orange toned red

• Heart

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
I get that's it not a serious piece of hard hitting journalism, but it's disappointing to see "cheap tea" as one of her must haves. It's cheap because of exploitation of tea estate workers, who are mostly women. But I guess her lipstick liberalism and literature style empowerment doesn't extend to those in Assam, Kenya or Sri Lanka
It's weird this came from someone who wrote a piece about sustainability.
There's a price to pay for cheap tee, cheap chocolate, cheap electrics etc.

• Heart

Aude

VIP Member
'These aren't money saving but a guide to living someone else's life' - I think that's an interesting comment.

Reactions: 19

depository

Sali has only been on Twitter for 11 years so the DOP stuff can't have been 12 years ago. I remember the coven having a good laugh at Dawn when she was promoting some Andrex product and that was about 7-8 year ago.

On top of this, IMO there is a big difference between a bunch of beef-faced married incels making comments about someone online, than there is your peers doing it on Twitter, some of whom have very large public profiles. I'm sure Dawn had looked up to many of the well known people being mean about her. Whereas we know Sail only looks down on/feels pity for the people doing it about her.

Kate123

A small observation, but for years Sali has banged on about how eyeliner should not be worn on the waterline, as it gives an 'old fashioned' look. I have never agreed with her on that, but this new look she's rocking (everything she's previously been scathing of: visible botox/fillers, foundation a shade or two darker than your skin, huge manicured eyebrows, loads of highlighter) includes eyeliner on the waterline. It's hardly Watergate, but I am genuinely baffled by this transformation, and the ease with which she has pivoted to instagrammer after years of flat-out snark towards 'instagram make up', influencers and certain makeup looks. What is the game plan here?

And I agree that this transformation also includes the sellout of her ITB series, which she has previously claimed is not advertorial for celebs/brands. I mean, that ship sailed a while ago, but it would be interesting to see her at least attempt to find an interviewee who isn't actively promoting something.

• Heart