Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I LOVE the dress but it looks like polyester? I'm not paying that kind if money for material that makes me stink after an hour.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Is she being disingenuous? Obviously people would come here after that. Why draw attention to here?
My take on that is that she simply didn't want people to come here and see for themselves - as I and others did after her IG video. She no longer names Tattle.

Reactions: 9
Also, as a result of us discussing “dragging sites” and wondering what the term meant, this site now comes up when you Google “dragging sites” 🎉.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I remember when Susie Cave was a top model ( Susie Bick) in the late 80s/ early 90s. She was always stunning and did a huge campaign with Dior. I like the green dress. Princess Beatrice has also been photographed in it. It always reminds me of my favourite 70s Princess Pippa doll.

Attachments

Reactions: 9
From 8 mins. Looks like it's only got a day or so left on Sounds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000n6lj

From 16 mins, 50. Again it's got got a day left. I imagine that means the documentary will be going soon too.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000n51t

Just checked - File on 4 go back a few years so it looks like only the live daily programmes disappear quickly.
Thank you! Just listened to both while making the tea. Two thoughts - how dare she say people were annoyed with her because they were slung off her site for being racist. What the actual duck. And the wide eyed amazement at how horrible trolling is and how she could never understand it when she did it to Dawn O'P for years.

Reactions: 10
The only time I remember anyone getting kicked off GTL because of reasons related to racism was when Caitlin Moran made her remark that she "literally couldn't give a tit" about the lack of diversity/people of colour in Lena Dunham's Girls. And someone said they weren't saying Caitlin was racist but that was a racist thing to say and then Sali barred her saying something like "libel a celebrity and you will be warned. Libel an unquestionably talented writer who is also a dear friend and you will be banned" (from memory obviously but it was something like that).

I wonder if she got her legal advice from a psychology professor on that occasion too?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Skincare enthusiasts I have been utterly drawn in to tattle and have now reached the dizzy heights of the bootstrap threads. Kudos to JM she turned up on the thread at one point, said her piece and answered a few questions. Our Sal wouldn’t be able to do that obviously. Answer questions I mean!!!!
I do hope Sali has the “receipts” from these racist commentators so she can back up her claim.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The only time I remember anyone getting kicked off GTL because of reasons related to racism was when Caitlin Moran made her remark that she "literally couldn't give a tit" about the lack of diversity/people of colour in Lena Dunham's Girls. And someone said they weren't saying Caitlin was racist but that was a racist thing to say and then Sali barred her saying something like "libel a celebrity and you will be warned. Libel an unquestionably talented writer who is also a dear friend and you will be banned" (from memory obviously but it was something like that).

I wonder if she got her legal advice from a psychology professor on that occasion too?
I remember that! Possibly when the truth about her began to drop for me.

Reactions: 6
Will Sali be like Meghan la duchesse and sue Tattle for harassment and speaking untruths about her? 🤨

Reactions: 1
I remember that! Possibly when the truth about her began to drop for me.
I remember that as well. Wasn’t the poster in question training to be a vicar?

I think Kate still has the remnants of the eyeliner tattoo she used to have (same as her sister). I love her style on the whole though (excluding the Vampire's Wife dress, sorry).
I think her eyeliner looks fine. She could do with some Bobbi Brown corrector though... 🤔 I don’t think she tattooed anything as there were often photos of her in the press without makeup.

BEE9906F-E37E-4079-BF46-C74C68FFA256.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

I think her eyeliner looks fine. She could do with some Bobbi Brown corrector though... 🤔 I don’t think she tattooed anything as there were often photos of her in the press without makeup.

View attachment 300214
Her makeup looks great in this picture. The eyeliner definitely doesnt (or hasn't) always looked like this though.

Will Sali be like Meghan la duchesse and sue Tattle for harassment and speaking untruths about her? 🤨
Has this actually happened? Wow.

Both Pippa and Kate did have the eyeliner tattoo at one point. Kate's was more subtle, I think.

Her makeup looks great in this picture. The eyeliner definitely doesnt (or hasn't) always looked like this though.
Kate was definitely influenced by the Bobbi Brown approach to makeup in terms of blusher and liner with a grey shadow! I remember reading about it around the wedding. I think Hannah Martin, who worked for BB at the time, have gave her a ‘makeup consultation’ though on the day itself she did her own makeup I think?

I far prefer her makeup more recently!

Reactions: 4

View attachment 300214
Oooh tell me more about your thoughts on need of a corrector please! Love to learn. Right now the only correcting I'm interested in for myself is under-eye. Otherwise I'm all correct.

I’ve just looked at the VWxH&M dresses on eBay and I like them 😞 I’m a bit of a dodgy goth, though. Has anyone got one (the short ones, I’m not even as tall as Sali). Just wondering what the sizing is like...

Reactions: 3
I’ve just looked at the VWxH&M dresses on eBay and I like them 😞 I’m a bit of a dodgy goth, though. Has anyone got one (the short ones, I’m not even as tall as Sali). Just wondering what the sizing is like...
They're cute but I know a few people (of different heights) who either bought or tried them and said they're super, super short and they couldn't bend over in them... Don't know about the sizing other than length.

ETA I really wanted the cape but it would definitely be the most pointless purchase of 2020!

Reactions: 4
Thank you! I am super short and judging by how they look on hangers and models they’d be a good length for me - lot of them are advertised as “size 10 would fit 8” for example, so I’m not sure whether to size up or not. If I can size up for under £30 I’ll get one and report back 👍🏼

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.