Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m the same height as her so definitely not a shortie hater! Just think there are more flattering styles for diminutive gals like me and Sal.
I'm even shorter!

I liked her wedding outfit, she looked great and happy.

The H&M collection on the other hand looked awful in store. Flimsy and cheap.

Reactions: 2
I think at least some of the appeal for the line is based on the creator - she's Nick Cave's wife, which I think brings a certain element of alternative cool for a lot of people.

Reactions: 6
Another insufferable self-indulgent post by SH. I’ve started calling her ‘double-tick Sali’. It works like this:
- she casually declares something is great/important/worthy;
- she then states how she’s already known about it/done it/had it.

Read:
- Look, it’s the dress of the decade✔
- I had 2 of them before they were on sale and paid for them myself ✔

Works the opposite way too:
- I get invited to lots of press junkets ✔
- but I’m notorious for declining most of them ✔

Btw I really dislike the first dress on her, but she looks great in the second one. IMO Kate Middleton looked better as the dress suits a longer person. Either way, it’s a very recognisable dress that has been worn by a number of celebs pre-SH wore it on her wedding day.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The Vampires Wife IG refers to a vote. Perhaps it's in the UK magazine because I can only find the piece about the H&M collaboration that's already been shared.

Reactions: 3
The Vampires Wife IG refers to a vote. Perhaps it's in the UK magazine because I can only find the piece about the H&M collaboration that's already been shared.
I'd assumed that was the source of SH's information about the 'award'. Pending any announcement from Vogue - and maybe you're right and it's in the print version or maybe it's yet to come - I'm not sure that VW didn't just get a bit carried away with the headline to that article about the H&M collaboration.

Reactions: 4
Dress of what decade also? This one, or the previous? I have to laugh at how Sali mentioned the "gong"

• Haha
It specifically mentions the emerald coloured one as being dress of the decade (as do other VW posts) so I think it must be more than just the H&M article which I don't think mentioned colour. (I realise I sound insufferably pedantic not nesning to be just explfining my thinking. Also unlike Sali when she's making a documentary for BBC Radio, I like to do *some* research, even though trolling's just a hobby and not my profession.)

• Haha
OT
I don't know if it's my new antihistamine drugs or I'm losing it completely, but I'm just imagining Susie, Nick and the late Pavarotti doing their box dye hair colour on each other and checking if they have some left on their ears and neck. Susie does their eyebrows and sometimes they leave it on too long.

1326_v9_ba.jpg

Lost it!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Someone (a female) told me a while ago that they use beard dye for their eyebrows and that it works really well. 🧐

• Wow
It's possible it is the same thing, only packaged differently. And perhaps the developer is of a lower % than for hair on your head. In my vision, Nick and Luciano use whatever is left from the hair dye.

• Haha
Omg I didn’t know she was Nick Cave’s wife. It suddenly all makes sense. Free advertising for mates (or mates of mates, whatever), association with ‘cool’ musician, social circle loyalty points earned, everyone wins!

• Haha
OT
I don't know if it's my new antihistamine drugs or I'm losing it completely, but I'm just imagining Susie, Nick and the late Pavarotti doing their box dye hair colour on each other and checking if they have some left on their ears and neck. Susie does their eyebrows and sometimes they leave it on too long.

View attachment 299388

Lost it!
They will be joined by Johnny Marr and his wife Angie.

• Haha
It's possible it is the same thing, only packaged differently. And perhaps the developer is of a lower % than for hair on your head. In my vision, Nick and Luciano use whatever is left from the hair dye.
I was considering trying the beard dye. The person who told me she uses it is a hairdresser and her eyebrows look great.

(I realise I sound insufferably pedantic not nesning to be just explfining my thinking. Also unlike Sali when she's making a documentary for BBC Radio, I like to do *some* research, even though trolling's just a hobby and not my profession.)
That reminds me - speaking of the Mytrollhell documentary which I still haven't listened to - did she anywhere address the fact she has Never visited here and is relying on friends and family relaying to her what is said? Why would Radio 4 commission something by someone who has done zero research on the topic? Wierd.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She said it in an interview with Emma Barnett and another interview on Radio Ulster's drivetime programme about #hertrollinghell.
I'll find the links for you.

Reactions: 1
That reminds me - speaking of the Mytrollhell documentary which I still haven't listened to - did she anywhere address the fact she has Never visited here and is relying on friends and family relaying to her what is said? Why would Radio 4 commission something by someone who has done zero research on the topic? Wierd.
As well as the Radio 4 progamme she did an interview with Emma Barnett on Radio 5 (the following day I think). In that interview she says something along the lines of she didn't read here because there was too much of it, instead she'd got people to screengrab the 'actionable' bits and she was pleased with her decision not to read here because she knew people who had read here and had been destroyed by it (might not have said 'destroyed' but something serious).

IIRC the Radio 4 programme was pretty unspecific about her own experience, just conflating it with the experience of people who have been the victim of trolling.

At the end of the Radio 5 interviewed she urged listeners not to come here, even out of curiosity to see what was being said. Even just reading here, she said, you're helping to boost the site in the Google results and thereby 'indirectly helping to destroy lives'. So presumably neither SH nor anyone on her behalf reads here anymore.

• Heart
At the end of the Radio 5 interviewed she urged listeners not to come here, even out of curiosity to see what was being said.
Is she being disingenuous? Obviously people would come here after that. Why draw attention to here?

To guilt trip people, I guess. Either way, no way was it going to work.

That reminds me, has she mentioned here lately, either directly or indirectly or through a staged convo with her mates?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.